George Zimmerman is in police custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Zimmerman thought to himself on February 26th, "I think I'll shoot me a black man today."?
His great-grandfather was African American and he mentored African Americans.

:lmao:
I was answering a poster's question. Research helps to answer questions.

Don't you think researching something a person is curious about makes sense?

I already knew the answer to the question I asked ;)

;)

I understand that this could possibly be true and Martin was a hot-headed teen who thought he'd teach Zimmerman a lesson. However, there is an equally plausible, and more believable, argument to think otherwise. That Martin was an unarmed teen, walking home minding his own business, when he noticed he was being followed in the dark by an unknown man. This man then got out of his vehicle to follow him, may have confronted him, pointed a gun at him, or grabbed him. It's entirely reasonable to assume Martin felt threatened and thought he was in a fight to defend his life.

While I realize this is a scenario, there are a few reasons that allow doubt in my mind. First, if you study the lay out of the area, you realize a couple of things. Zimmerman lost TM. TM had a running head start on GZ but somehow managed to make his way BACK to where GZ was. TM had time to run to his father's girlfriends home. TM apparently either waits in hiding or doubles back. Why? He had a big head start and chose not to use it.

I get the feeling threatened part, I don't get why he then just didn't take off to somplace safe.

For those who will say this argument is not more believable, step back from your opinion for a minute and look at it rationally. It is not normal behavior for humans to suddenly decide to attack someone to prove themselves or teach them a lesson. It is possible, yes, but highly unlikely. Martin was not out looking for trouble, he wasn't with a group of friends and thought this would be a good opportunity to prove his manhood. He was obviously scared and nervous, per the conversation with his girlfriend; this doesn't sound like someone who would attack a person to "prove" himself, but rather the actions of a scared person who didn't know what Zimmerman's intentions were.

Ive seen teenage boys and heck, even grown men, do stupid things because they aren't thinking. They think getting in someone's face or a good punch in the face is proving something.

As for being scared, his girlfriend told him to run, he said no, he was going to walk. And again, he walks right up to GZ's car and stares straight at him. That to me, shows curiosity, not nerves. I think its possible that TM got angry and curious, In a "what the heck is your problem" kind of thing.

Also, if Martin was really planning to attack, it's unlikely he would still be talking to his girlfriend on the phone when the altercation started. He would have hung up his phone before throwing a punch. The fact that he was still on the phone with her and she heard it drop shows that something happened suddenly, such as being grabbed by Zimmerman or having a gun drawn on him. It doesn't sound like a planned attack, but rather a reaction to something.

Of course, some will believe otherwise and nothing will convince them that Zimmerman was responsible.

I don't think he PLANNED it while talking to his girlfriend. I really think we have to see the possibility that TM got angry at being followed and reacted.

I don't think he PLANNED it while talking to his girlfriend. I really think we have to see the possibility that TM got angry at being followed and reacted.

Anything is possible and you're opinion could be right. I'm just pointing out that there's another side to this argument too that could also be perfectly reasonable and to believe it is "not grasping at straws" or "unwilling to never believe otherwise...." or whatever other discrediting remarks are made. Either opinion is entirely reasonable.

;)
I understand that this could possibly be true and Martin was a hot-headed teen who thought he'd teach Zimmerman a lesson. However, there is an equally plausible, and more believable, argument to think otherwise. That Martin was an unarmed teen, walking home minding his own business, when he noticed he was being followed in the dark by an unknown man. This man then got out of his vehicle to follow him, may have confronted him, pointed a gun at him, or grabbed him. It's entirely reasonable to assume Martin felt threatened and thought he was in a fight to defend his life.

For those who will say this argument is not more believable, step back from your opinion for a minute and look at it rationally. It is not normal behavior for humans to suddenly decide to attack someone to prove themselves or teach them a lesson. It is possible, yes, but highly unlikely. Martin was not out looking for trouble, he wasn't with a group of friends and thought this would be a good opportunity to prove his manhood. He was obviously scared and nervous, per the conversation with his girlfriend; this doesn't sound like someone who would attack a person to "prove" himself, but rather the actions of a scared person who didn't know what Zimmerman's intentions were.

Also, if Martin was really planning to attack, it's unlikely he would still be talking to his girlfriend on the phone when the altercation started. He would have hung up his phone before throwing a punch. The fact that he was still on the phone with her and she heard it drop shows that something happened suddenly, such as being grabbed by Zimmerman or having a gun drawn on him. It doesn't sound like a planned attack, but rather a reaction to something.

Of course, some will believe otherwise and nothing will convince them that Zimmerman was responsible.
It's also very possible, you are over thinking the situation. Many life altering incidents happens in a moment, driven by emotion, fear, anger, etc. (lets add a teenager into the mix). Martin could have easily contacted the police or asked his girlfriend to do so. There is no evidence, he did this. Therefore, I do not think, he was afraid of Zimmerman. I believe, Trayvon confronted Zimmerman, a fight ensued and a tragedy occurred. It only takes a moment, it happens every day.

BTW..there are no winners. Martin is dead and Zimmerman's life has been ruined. I do not believe, his intentions were anything, but stopping another break in and defending his life. No plots or profiling, just everything that could go wrong...did.

;)

For those who will say this argument is not more believable, step back from your opinion for a minute and look at it rationally. It is not normal behavior for humans to suddenly decide to attack someone to prove themselves or teach them a lesson. It is possible, yes, but highly unlikely.

Haven't dealt with many Teens who are bordering on the edge of being "bad" for lack of a better word, have you?

As far as your premise it is more human nature to flee, in other words high tail it home, which he didn't do. so he was not worried about avoiding a conflict, in fact was encouraging it by not going straight home and doubling back.

It's also very possible, you are over thinking the situation. Many life altering incidents happens in a moment, driven by emotion, fear, anger, etc. (lets add a teenager into the mix). Martin could have easily contacted the police or asked his girlfriend to do so. There is no evidence, he did this. Therefore, I do not think, he was afraid of Zimmerman. I believe, Trayvon confronted Zimmerman, a fight ensued and a tragedy occurred. It only takes a moment, it happens every day.

BTW..there are no winners. Martin is dead and Zimmerman's life has been ruined. I do not believe, his intentions were anything, but stopping another break in and defending his life. No plots or profiling, just everything that could go wrong...did.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I already knew the answer to the question I asked ;)

From your previous post, no you don't know the answer. Just because one poster might feel that way does not mean every poster does. Generalizations are not a smart way to make decisions about people who might either have different beliefs from yours.

It's not overthinking the situation; it's no different than expressing an opinion like anyone else. I don't think this was plotted or planned by either party, or racially motivated. Everything I've said agrees with your argument that this was a life-altering tragedy that neither party intended.

There are no winners and I don't believe Zimmerman really intended to harm Martin, it was misunderstandings and mistaken intentions that unfortunately led to his death. What I don't believe is that Zimmerman bore no responsibility whatsoever for the final outcome.

From your previous post, no you don't know the answer. Just because one poster might feel that way does not mean every poster does. Generalizations are not a smart way to make decisions about people who might either have different beliefs from yours.

That is exactly why I asked, so I didn't have to make those generalizations, but all I got was one answer and a couple of other remarks telling me to do research. Just by those remarks, it shows others are making the same generalization I am. I was asking for OPINIONS of the posters on this thread. So may I ask, what is your opinion then if it differs from the other poster?

Actually, I have.

And you can't believe a cocky older teen who I'm sorry to say wasn't a "choir boy" wouldn't turn around and confront someone who they thought shouldn't be following them? or looking at them?

Well I do and took care of a lot of them in the ER after the fight that was brought on by no more than "He looked at me"

And you can't believe a cocky older teen who I'm sorry to say wasn't a "choir boy" wouldn't turn around and confront someone who they thought shouldn't be following them? or looking at them?

Well I do and took care of a lot of them in the ER after the fight that was brought on by no more than "He looked at me"

I never said that - I did say that it's possible he did, but I believe unlikely; difference of opinion.

For those that believe Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin and acted in self-defense, I'm curious as to what are your reasons for believing so... why do you think Martin attacked Zimmerman?
The first time I heard this story, it was on facebook posted by a person who was completely outraged that Zimmerman was not arrested. I read the article and felt like there was definitely something missing. It made little sense to me that the police would not have arrested Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon with how it was reported. I really just had this nagging feeling that the entire story was not being prevented and I wanted all the facts before I jumped on Team Zimmerman or Team Trayvon.

As the story gained more and more press and more things came out, I felt that my suspicions that the original story had many holes were proving true. Only two people were there that night and one is gone. We have the 911 operator's testimony, George's account of what happened, the original police report, the evidence on both men's bodies, one eye witness, and the testimony of the girlfriend. When you put all of these things together, it does at least appear that George's story holds up.

It does seem that he called 911 when he saw Trayvon because Trayvon was walking in the rain, was someone Zimmerman hadn't seen before, and there had been break ins in the neighborhood by reportedly black (or, if you prefer African American) teenagers. He pursued Zimmerman. 911 operator told him not to. According to Zimmerman, he then turned around to get back in his car and hung up. It was at this time (according to Zimmerman), that Trayvon asked him if he had a problem. With Zimmerman replied that he didn't, Trayvon told him the he did now and punched him in the face knocking him to the ground. Zimmerman claims he was screaming for help while on the ground as Trayvon was on top of him bashing his head into the ground. The eye witness confirmed this. Reportedly, there were no injuries on Trayvon other than on his fists. Zimmerman, on the other hand, had a broken nose and black eyes (which is in line with his testimony), grass stains on his back, lacerations on the back of his head and back, and no wounds on his fists (which leads one to believe he never hit Trayvon).

Knowing this, I do believe that there is reason to believe he feared for his safety and his life. He did not know Trayvon and did not know if Trayvon had been one of the ones breaking into houses, if he was dangerous, or if he was going to let Zimmerman live. All he knew at that point was that he was in a dangerous situation that could have serious end results. I do see why, if this all checks out to be true, he pulled his gun and used deadly force.

That is exactly why I asked, so I didn't have to make those generalizations, but all I got was one answer and a couple of other remarks telling me to do research. Just by those remarks, it shows others are making the same generalization I am. I was asking for OPINIONS of the posters on this thread. So may I ask, what is your opinion then if it differs from the other poster?

My opinion is that Zimmerman feared for his life and defended himself. It had nothing to do with Martin being a hot headed teenager. Both of them have had incidences in the past of hot headed behavior.

My opinion is that Zimmerman feared for his life and defended himself. It had nothing to do with Martin being a hot headed teenager. Both of them have had incidences in the past of hot headed behavior.

Of course, some will believe otherwise and nothing will convince them that Zimmerman was justified in shooting TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter