George Zimmerman is in police custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

For those that believe Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin and acted in self-defense, I'm curious as to what are your reasons for believing so... why do you think Martin attacked Zimmerman?

For those that believe Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin and acted in self-defense, I'm curious as to what are your reasons for believing so... why do you think Martin attacked Zimmerman?

Because he was a hot headed teen and was p o'd that someone had the audacity to be watching him. Thought he'd show him for following/watching him.

Because 17 year olds make tragically stupid decisions

Because he was a hot headed teen and was p o'd that someone had the audacity to be watching him. Thought he'd show him for following/watching him.

I wouldn't be too thrilled if someone were watching me if I'm walking along and not doing anything wrong.

Google has a search feature that you might find useful.

How many of the past 200+ pages have you been present for? I'm pretty sure this has been discussed on quite a few of those preceding pages...

You're suggesting that the poster go back and read 200 and some pages?

Because he did just that. :confused3

You think Zimmerman thought to himself on February 26th, "I think I'll shoot me a black man today."?
His great-grandfather was African American and he mentored African Americans.

I didn't know Google had a discussion board.

:lmao:
I was answering a poster's question. Research helps to answer questions.

You're suggesting that the poster go back and read 200 and some pages?

Don't you think researching something a person is curious about makes sense?

Because he did just that. :confused3

Wait, what? You think that GW picked out TM because he was black and because of that figured he would shot him just because? That he just walked up to him and shot him? That there was no reason other then just fun for doing it?

We must be following 2 different cases. I thought there was a fight that preceded the shooting thereby drawing the claim of self defense into the argument?

GZ did not just walk up to TM randomly and shoot him the chest for no reason.

:lmao:
I was answering a poster's question. Research helps to answer questions.

Don't you think researching something a person is curious about makes sense?

Yes reasearch is useful, but this is a discussion board where ideas and thoughts are exchanged. I've read some information about the case, but I'm sure I haven't read everything that's out there.

Wait, what? You think that GW picked out TM because he was black and because of that figured he would shot him just because? That he just walked up to him and shot him? That there was no reason other then just fun for doing it?

We must be following 2 different cases. I thought there was a fight that preceded the shooting thereby drawing the claim of self defense into the argument?

GZ did not just walk up to TM randomly and shoot him the chest for no reason.

Personally, I don't think race had anything to do with it.

There would have been no fight to begin with, if Zimmerman had just let the authorities handle it. He was an amatuer trying to deal with a situaiton that should have been handled by professionals.

There would have been no fight to begin with, if Zimmerman had just let the authorities handle it. He was an amatuer trying to deal with a situaiton that should have been handled by professionals.

So if you ever witness someone having a heart attack you'd just stand there, watching him die while waiting on the authorities to get there?

That's the problem. Too many people don't want to get involved.

;)

This is the answer I figured was the general consensus of the pro-Zimmerman camp and what I expected to hear, but I wanted it actually stated before I assumed otherwise, because you know what happens when you assume. ;) Thank you for confirming what I already knew, rather than some of the other unneccesary snide remarks telling me to read the past 200 pages and do some google research, which I already have.

I understand that this could possibly be true and Martin was a hot-headed teen who thought he'd teach Zimmerman a lesson. However, there is an equally plausible, and more believable, argument to think otherwise. That Martin was an unarmed teen, walking home minding his own business, when he noticed he was being followed in the dark by an unknown man. This man then got out of his vehicle to follow him, may have confronted him, pointed a gun at him, or grabbed him. It's entirely reasonable to assume Martin felt threatened and thought he was in a fight to defend his life.

For those who will say this argument is not more believable, step back from your opinion for a minute and look at it rationally. It is not normal behavior for humans to suddenly decide to attack someone to prove themselves or teach them a lesson. It is possible, yes, but highly unlikely. Martin was not out looking for trouble, he wasn't with a group of friends and thought this would be a good opportunity to prove his manhood. He was obviously scared and nervous, per the conversation with his girlfriend; this doesn't sound like someone who would attack a person to "prove" himself, but rather the actions of a scared person who didn't know what Zimmerman's intentions were.

Also, if Martin was really planning to attack, it's unlikely he would still be talking to his girlfriend on the phone when the altercation started. He would have hung up his phone before throwing a punch. The fact that he was still on the phone with her and she heard it drop shows that something happened suddenly, such as being grabbed by Zimmerman or having a gun drawn on him. It doesn't sound like a planned attack, but rather a reaction to something.

Of course, some will believe otherwise and nothing will convince them that Zimmerman was responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter