George Zimmerman is in police custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether his head was slammed against grass or concrete, he was not in ICU or in a coma. They took him to the police station and he was fine.

I agree. Even a witness that saw the shooting and afterward stated that he saw Zimmerman get up immediately, the anonymous witness said he "got up" and looked "fine" he did look "worried". Listen to the witness yourself.
http://cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2012/03/29/ac-trayvon-martin-shooting-witness.cnn

Last thing (for now), I’m thinking the witness that took a picture of Zimmerman’s head also took a picture of TM’s body?

This is the question. Should GZ have used deadly force? Or should he have maybe shot him in the leg or arm? This is what I am struggling with...Of course we do not know the facts here.

Do you know how hard that is? that is totally unrealistic. It isn't TV!

you are in a struggle and fear for your life you don't say ok hold still so I can aim. And you want to STOP the person not let them able to keep attacking you.

That post shows nothing of the kind, but clearly shows when you don't have a valid answer you resort to those types of comments.

It's entirely possible Zimmerman pulled his gun out or in some way showed it to Martin, or grabbed Martin first and that's what caused Martin to strike.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right? TM stared at GZ and then started walking toward him. GZ was somewhat scared because he asked 911 operator what time will you guys be here. So now you are saying GZ was the agressor? GZ was the one screaming for help. He stated this on the police report the night it happened. He stated I screamed for help but no one helped me. Hmmmm.

Yes, I am saying Zimmerman was the aggressor, no joke about that; and Zimmerman is claiming Martin came up from behind, not walking towards him at the time of their confrontation.

Zimmerman says he was the one screaming for help, voice analysts have said otherwise. If you believe everything an accused says to deflect blame from himself, I have a bridge to sell you.

*sigh*...can you provide a link to a police report that this was the case?
Zimmerman describes where his car was parked in the call to the police. He ran twenty seconds on the 'cut through' before Martin started running toward the back entrance and disapeared. If you take a look at the map, you will note the E-W and N-S sidewalks that the travelled upon.

I know, right? So many people are blaming Zimmerman for defending himself. Doesn't it just drive you crazy?

The jury won't buy it. He called the police well ahead of the crime and was in the safety of his car. Trayvon was unarmed and is dead. The facts are the facts.

I'm talking about the poster <you> who has already been using personal attacks in this particular thread.

I have done no such thing... however, I have seen quite a bit of sarcasm, mocking and bullying from several throughout the entire thread...seems to be the theme here.

I agree. Even a witness that saw the shooting and afterward stated that he saw Zimmerman get up immediately, the anonymous witness said he "got up" and looked "fine" he did look "worried". Listen to the witness yourself.
http://cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2012/03/29/ac-trayvon-martin-shooting-witness.cnn

Last thing (for now), I’m thinking the witness that took a picture of Zimmerman’s head also took a picture of TM’s body?

Ever hear of adrenaline? fight or flight reaction of the body?

I have seen fatal wouds walk into the ER. I have seen seriously injured people get out of an accident and say I'm fine, then collapse.

If your adrenaline is flowing you don't always feel the pain or know how seriously injured you are.

When black people were enslaved and brought to America no one knew what counties they were from, that is why they are called African-American.

Not that I give a flying fig about this side conversation, but not all 'african americans' are related to American slaves. Just saying.

You're kidding right? TM stared at GZ and then started walking toward him. GZ was somewhat scared because he asked 911 operator what time will you guys be here. So now you are saying GZ was the agressor? GZ was the one screaming for help. He stated this on the police report the night it happened. He stated I screamed for help but no one helped me. Hmmmm.

Are you really going to start putting what happened during the call with dispatch backwards again?
If Zimmerman was so scared, as you claim, he would have not gotten out of the car or stayed out of the car once dispatch told him they didn't need him to follow.

What exactly happened on the call are some of the few things we actually know happened until more evidence is released. I'm not sure why you insist on trying to change the order of what happened on the call with dispatch.

Right and I don't remember you being concerned about whether the topic was on or off, when it was TM"s school history being discussed.

Huh? I don't care about TM's school history, nor do I care about GZ's history. Did I post the off topic smiley anywhere? It appeared fairly self explanatory, except apparently to you, that my post was asking the PP using the off topic smiley why he/she didn't use that same smiley when GZ's history was being discussed.

Or maybe in the dark and rain, freaked out because some strange man was following him, distracted while talking on the phone, he lost his bearings for a moment or two?
One of the most irritating things about this forum is that it doesn't allow for easy nesting of posts.

My post was related to Martin's decision to walk a mile and a half for skittles during a basketball game that he supposedly was interested in watching. Your post has nothing to do with that decision.

This is the question. Should GZ have used deadly force? Or should he have maybe shot him in the leg or arm? This is what I am struggling with...Of course we do not know the facts here.
One thing Ive always been taught, if you shoot, you shoot to kill. Shooting to maim is dangerous as they can then still grab the gun from you.

Or maybe in the dark and rain, freaked out because some strange man was following him, distracted while talking on the phone, he lost his bearings for a moment or two?

I could buy that but if he was that scared, he could have run. It was a straight shot to his father's home. But he didn't. WHY? Why didn't he run, why did he turn back?

The jury won't buy it. He called the police well ahead of the crime and was in the safety of his car. Trayvon was unarmed and is dead. The facts are the facts.

Unarmed people are dangerous too. And Zimmerman didn't know Martin was unarmed. He told the cops he lost the kid, hung up 2 minutes later, telling the cops to call him. Right after Martin shows up. No way he took off running and caught up with Martin. Martin had to have come back or confronted Zimmerman.

It doesn't, actually.

Zimmerman's known account is that Martin was hitting his head into the sidewalk, but he was able to move off the sidewalk, but still couldn't get away. If they moved a foot or two off the sidewalk and he pushed Martin's body off him in the direction away from the sidewalk and the police rolled the body away from the sidewalk to do CPR, you'd have exactly the body placement believed to be shown in that video.

Where are you getting this? I'd love to read this as Zimmerman statement. Zimmermans full statement hasn't even been released. I can't wait to read it. The lengths you are going to stretch this MAYBE is amazing. You get a standing ovation for TRYING. ::yes::

You are killing Zimmerman's imminent danger with your above MAYBE.

My post was related to Martin's decision to walk a mile and a half for skittles during a basketball game that he supposedly was interested in watching.

How do you know he didn't go during half-time? This is what I don't get. People are so quick to convict the dead, unarmed teen.

After almost dying from having his head bashed repeatedly into a sidewalk he refused to go to the hospital until after he went to the police station.
Who claimed that he almost died from his injuries? I believe that the narrative was that he defended himself against future fatal injuries. That's what an act of self-defense is, after all. It's not a punitive response to actions that have already taken place.

I have done no such thing... however, I have seen quite a bit of sarcasm, mocking and bullying from several throughout the entire thread...seems to be the theme here.

Sure you did, even to the point of causing entire posts deleted by the mods. The only name calling going on has been coming from you. Some of us are able to have a debate without resorting to personal attacks.

When black people were enslaved and brought to America no one knew what counties they were from, that is why they are called African-American.

Let me make sure I have this right. Please correct me if I'm not getting it. A white person born in Africa moves to America and becomes a citizen, but it not allowed to call themself an African American, but a black citizen here that was born here as well as their parents, has every right to call themselves African American.

One thing Ive always been taught, if you shoot, you shoot to kill. Shooting to maim is dangerous as they can then still grab the gun from you.

I could buy that but if he was that scared, he could have run. It was a straight shot to his father's home. But he didn't. WHY? Why didn't he run, why did he turn back?

Unarmed people are dangerous too. And Zimmerman didn't know Martin was unarmed. He told the cops he lost the kid, hung up 2 minutes later, telling the cops to call him. Right after Martin shows up. No way he took off running and caught up with Martin. Martin had to have come back or confronted Zimmerman.

Maybe he didn't want the scary, stalking man to know where he lived?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter