George Zimmerman is in police custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
He went to the hospital after giving his statement to the police.

After almost dying from having his head bashed repeatedly into a sidewalk he refused to go to the hospital until after he went to the police station.

You're right. See what I did there. I admitted that either scenario is possible. Now, where is that objectivity in most of your other posts. You state your opinion as fact, but point out when others opinion hasn't been proven. You have an OPINION, so does everyone else. Yours is no more valid than anyone else's. You aren't different than the people that have convicted Zimmerman in their mind. You've already acquitted him by comparison.
1) The defendant gets the benefit of the doubt.
2) My positions are supported by the known facts. They are not mere 'ifs'.

*sigh*...can you provide a link to a police report that this was the case? I can't believe the "blame the victim" mentality.

Because -shock I know- sometimes the victim is to blame!

Either through their actions or their stupidity, or lack of action. Sometimes it is the fault of a victim.

ie-going under a roller coaster past fence after fence and "no entry" signs and getting decapitated, Going over a fence and no entry signs into hi power lines and getting electrocuted, swimming alone and drowning, All victims, all their fault.

I might, but I know men, at least my husband, would only go to a doctor if his arm was dangling from his socket and even then he would try and put it back himself.

Besides, if it was a case of self defense, the fact that he wasn't hurt ENOUGH doesn't really mean anything. He might have been if he hadn't stopped it.

No his story is his head was bashed repeatedly into a sidewalk, anyone who had that happen to them should get checked out at a hospital asap.

I've said this before, but police will not bring someone into the station without being cleared by hospital if there is even the slightest indication or serious injuries because of the liability issues. They often take reports and questions defendants at the hospital.

Trayvon should have went home. GZ was frankly sick and tired of all the breakins in his community. Sheesh....

I mean what are we getting at here? The big question is, "the confrontation". That is the key.

And there is the motive to not let this one get away. Z likely did something to try to detain Trayvon, or at least verbally engage him, which resulted in the altercation. Hey, the gun wins, I get that. It seems to me the person with the gun shouldn't have free reign to initiate confrontations then kill on 'self defense', but I seem to be the minority.

Trayvon was not breaking into anything that night.

Maybe he wasn't 100% familiar with the area? But you're right, TM should have just called the store to have them deliver the candy and drink lest he die on the way.

He was familiar enough with the area to know where the store was 3/4 mile away. Certainly, his plan wasn't to simply walk until he eventually ran into one.

Oh I said that long, long ago in this thread.

You attack me and I have a gun you are dead. I'm not waiting around to see if you are only going to hit me 1x or enough to cause brain damage (then it is to late for me) or I'm dead. You attack me I'm shooting first and asking questions second.

This is the question. Should GZ have used deadly force? Or should he have maybe shot him in the leg or arm? This is what I am struggling with...Of course we do not know the facts here.

Certainly, his plan wasn't to simply walk until he eventually ran into one.

Why? Many people do it. You've never driven on I-4 in Orlando and see what restaurants are there if you're in the mood to eat? He could have easily found a convenience store on the way.

Don't you mean TM's school history?

Did I say TM's school history? I'm pretty sure I was referring to GZ's past, and why no one pulled out the "off topic smiley" for those discussions, but check the transcript and let me know what I said... ;)

After almost dying from having his head bashed repeatedly into a sidewalk he refused to go to the hospital until after he went to the police station.

No body said he almost died. That is why he shot him to prevent himself from being killed or severely injured.

You don't wait till you almost die to shoot. If you do you shouldn't have a gun.

You're right. See what I did there. I admitted that either scenario is possible. Now, where is that objectivity in most of your other posts. You state your opinion as fact, but point out when others opinion hasn't been proven. You have an OPINION, so does everyone else. Yours is no more valid than anyone else's. You aren't different than the people that have convicted Zimmerman in their mind. You've already acquitted him by comparison.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

He was familiar enough with the area to know where the store was 3/4 mile away. Certainly, his plan wasn't to simply walk until he eventually ran into one.

Or maybe in the dark and rain, freaked out because some strange man was following him, distracted while talking on the phone, he lost his bearings for a moment or two?

This wasn't the case in TM death - look for yourself. The photo below is a screen capture from a video shown on CBS Evening News on April 23, 2012. The video is of a story titled "What's Next For Zimmerman, Sanford FL" and the section with the police video of the crime scene runs from about 1:59 to 2:04 in the clip. The photo below was captured at about 2:02 in the video.

This photo seems to contradict at least part of the story told by George Zimmerman. The position of the body belies his reported account that Trayvon was pounding Zimmerman's head on the concrete sidewalk, as the body is lying entirely upon grass several feet away from the concrete.
It doesn't, actually.

Zimmerman's known account is that Martin was hitting his head into the sidewalk, but he was able to move off the sidewalk, but still couldn't get away. If they moved a foot or two off the sidewalk and he pushed Martin's body off him in the direction away from the sidewalk and the police rolled the body away from the sidewalk to do CPR, you'd have exactly the body placement believed to be shown in that video.

Did I say TM's school history? I'm pretty sure I was referring to GZ's past, and why no one pulled out the "off topic smiley" for those discussions, but check the transcript and let me know what I said... ;)

Right and I don't remember you being concerned about whether the topic was on or off, when it was TM"s school history being discussed.

It doesn't, actually.

Zimmerman's known account is that Martin was hitting his head into the sidewalk, but he was able to move off the sidewalk, but still couldn't get away. If they moved a foot or two off the sidewalk and he pushed Martin's body off him in the direction away from the sidewalk and the police rolled the body away from the sidewalk to do CPR, you'd have exactly the body placement believed to be shown in that video.

Oh, but now you are getting into "ifs" and I thought you didn't do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter