My 4th Dis Diva Girls Trip was GREAT!! Completed 3/29

Hopefully when your mom gets back, you'll get to book the flights. Once you have that, the planning can move forward!

Yay, I'm glad you're here Allyson!! Maybe you should join in on one of these Diva trips!! ;)

I would love to, but the DH would not be o.k with missing out until we get a few more trips in :thumbsup2

I would love to, but the DH would not be o.k with missing out until we get a few more trips in :thumbsup2

Bring DH along.....just do some of the diva things (group meal, group pic, meet-n-greet & scavy hunt) and spend the rest of the time with hubby. I've done that with Mike and with 2 of my sons. This time I'm going solo!!

I finally booked my return flight! With is falling on a Sunday the prices were scaring me. Still do, but I figured it would only get worse, so I finally broke down & purchased. The other issue was making sure the flight took off late enough to do the goodbye breakfast at the Surf's Up character meal.

Flying out on Southwest around 6pm & arriving in Portland at 9:30pm. :goodvibes

The other change is I was signed up for Ariel's Princess Breakfast but the restaurant will be down for a short refurb. They replaced the meal with Storyteller's Chip-n-Dale breakfast but you can't order off menu anymore, so I decided not to switch. princess:

Also, unfortunately Michele and her 2 daughters are NOT going to be able to attend as planned......so I won't be doing the scavenger hunt. I'm ok with that. I was on the fence about doing it anyways....but would have had fun doing it with Michele!! :sad:

So the meals & things I'm participating in:

Weds: No plans
Thurs: Lunch at Cafe Orleans & Meet-n-Greet Party/dinner at PPH
Fri: Possible breakfast at Steakhouse 55 with Michelle B (zoemakes5)
Sat: Disney California Story Tour (if I can get it booked) & dinner at Carthay Circle
Sun: Breakfast at Surf's Up at PPH

Oh no about Michelle. Are they not going at all or just not doing the scavy hunt? That's a bummer.

Sounds like you will be having fun though. Gosh I wish we were going. I could SO use a Disney fix or ANY fix. We have nothing planned and it is killing me. I am sure I don't have to tell you how much having a trip ANY trip in the works gives you something to look forward to when all else seems grim.

I have learned to not count on anything anymore till things are more firmed up like non-refundable things bought etc and even then it is not a guarantee but at least a better chance but right now we have nothing and I am not getting my hopes up.

I will be so glad to at least live vicariously through you and the other divas. Sure it will make me sad that I was not there but I still love to see the pics and hear how it went so it is good and bad LOL

Oh no about Michelle. Are they not going at all or just not doing the scavy hunt? That's a bummer.

Sounds like you will be having fun though. Gosh I wish we were going. I could SO use a Disney fix or ANY fix. We have nothing planned and it is killing me. I am sure I don't have to tell you how much having a trip ANY trip in the works gives you something to look forward to when all else seems grim.

I have learned to not count on anything anymore till things are more firmed up like non-refundable things bought etc and even then it is not a guarantee but at least a better chance but right now we have nothing and I am not getting my hopes up.

I will be so glad to at least live vicariously through you and the other divas. Sure it will make me sad that I was not there but I still love to see the pics and hear how it went so it is good and bad LOL

No, they aren't able to go at all. :guilty:

Oh man that is too bad. I bet she is super bummed. Didn't she cancel her family trip to do the diva one? That stinks. Well I know you will have fun and I will be anxious to see your pics and hear how it went. I am praying that in 2 more years we can FINALLY start going again. I miss it a lot! Katy will be turning 18 the Dec of 17 so she can hopefully go on the trip in 18. She will be in school but maybe she can join us on the weekend or something. That is the only time I wish it was still on the president's break LOL. But I am hoping to go either way.

Well I am sure you will be posting more as it gets closer and can't wait for you to start posting about your WDW trip. Have you started a pretrip report yet?

I figure if I can't go this is the next best thing. ;)

Oh man that is too bad. I bet she is super bummed. Didn't she cancel her family trip to do the diva one? That stinks. Well I know you will have fun and I will be anxious to see your pics and hear how it went. I am praying that in 2 more years we can FINALLY start going again. I miss it a lot! Katy will be turning 18 the Dec of 17 so she can hopefully go on the trip in 18. She will be in school but maybe she can join us on the weekend or something. That is the only time I wish it was still on the president's break LOL. But I am hoping to go either way.

Well I am sure you will be posting more as it gets closer and can't wait for you to start posting about your WDW trip. Have you started a pretrip report yet?

I figure if I can't go this is the next best thing. ;)

We are all bummed they can't go!! :worried:

No PTR yet for WDW, want to let Derek get there & book for us before starting. That way I don't have to change things a bajillion times before we are set......lol :rotfl: I hope he can get it booked before Feb 8....as that would be the 180 day mark & I need to book our dining. :banana:

Yea that sucks about Michele! I know how she feels. At this point we have nothing planned. My mom is slowly figuring out that she HAS to do something about her knee. I get why she has put it off because A I think she is scared but B she is pretty much the bread winner for all of us. My dad doesn't work and I work FOR her and they help the girls and I out a lot since I have such a low income so I think she is afraid if she is out of commission everything will go downhill but I told her we would help as much as possible. I would drive her around and we could set her up an office at the house whatever she needs. This is when it sucks to work for yourself and not have the luxury of sick leave or disability etc. But anyway I told her I didn't even want to discuss New York or any other trips till she makes a committment cuz she has gone from having some trouble to now barely being able to walk the mall and she has had to give up her beloved golf and I told her she is still in relatively good shape (although she really needs to lose weight and I worry about her with that too) but if she got her knees fixed she could hopefully exercise and lose some of the weight cuz for her just the eating won't do it and she doesn't have enough will power to even cut back on that! But she will be 70 next month and in all reality she probably only has another 10 years or maybe a bit more that she CAN go on trips and do stuff and I want her to be able to enjoy what's left of her life. So really praying she gets it fixed. But unfortunately I have to be the bad guy and insist on no trips till she gets it done. So that prob means no trip this summer and maybe longer. They just went to mexico and she mentioned that maybe we could go next november but they have their condo in Feb next year and I was like NO WAY lol. We have a disney trip planned for Thanksgiving week and going to do the city pass thing. I know it will be super crowded and since it will be our only trip during the 60th and our first trip in almost 2 years I am a bit bummed to go when it will be so crowded but it was the best time to go. So I told her THAT is one trip I hope doesn't get cancelled.

I am super bummed about New York but maybe we can just move our plans back a year and do NY next summer and something else in 17. That was the one year we had no plans so who knows.

Plus my mom still has like 2 weeks she paid for on our timeshare hoping we would have gotten in to the aulani so hoping that doesn't go to waste.

Everything is just so up in the air.

But like I said I am living through you guys and your reports. I don't blame you for not wanting to start planning till things are more firm. Does Derek leave soon? I thought you said Jan but maybe I was wrong. I am sure you will miss him but it will be great for you guys to get the trip! So jealous. I want to get back there so bad and that is another thing that I don't know if or when it will ever happen.

So I will be anxious to see everything on your report!!

Yea that sucks about Michele! I know how she feels. At this point we have nothing planned. My mom is slowly figuring out that she HAS to do something about her knee. I get why she has put it off because A I think she is scared but B she is pretty much the bread winner for all of us. My dad doesn't work and I work FOR her and they help the girls and I out a lot since I have such a low income so I think she is afraid if she is out of commission everything will go downhill but I told her we would help as much as possible. I would drive her around and we could set her up an office at the house whatever she needs. This is when it sucks to work for yourself and not have the luxury of sick leave or disability etc. But anyway I told her I didn't even want to discuss New York or any other trips till she makes a committment cuz she has gone from having some trouble to now barely being able to walk the mall and she has had to give up her beloved golf and I told her she is still in relatively good shape (although she really needs to lose weight and I worry about her with that too) but if she got her knees fixed she could hopefully exercise and lose some of the weight cuz for her just the eating won't do it and she doesn't have enough will power to even cut back on that! But she will be 70 next month and in all reality she probably only has another 10 years or maybe a bit more that she CAN go on trips and do stuff and I want her to be able to enjoy what's left of her life. So really praying she gets it fixed. But unfortunately I have to be the bad guy and insist on no trips till she gets it done. So that prob means no trip this summer and maybe longer. They just went to mexico and she mentioned that maybe we could go next november but they have their condo in Feb next year and I was like NO WAY lol. We have a disney trip planned for Thanksgiving week and going to do the city pass thing. I know it will be super crowded and since it will be our only trip during the 60th and our first trip in almost 2 years I am a bit bummed to go when it will be so crowded but it was the best time to go. So I told her THAT is one trip I hope doesn't get cancelled.

I am super bummed about New York but maybe we can just move our plans back a year and do NY next summer and something else in 17. That was the one year we had no plans so who knows.

Plus my mom still has like 2 weeks she paid for on our timeshare hoping we would have gotten in to the aulani so hoping that doesn't go to waste.

Everything is just so up in the air.

But like I said I am living through you guys and your reports. I don't blame you for not wanting to start planning till things are more firm. Does Derek leave soon? I thought you said Jan but maybe I was wrong. I am sure you will miss him but it will be great for you guys to get the trip! So jealous. I want to get back there so bad and that is another thing that I don't know if or when it will ever happen.

So I will be anxious to see everything on your report!!

I hope your mom gets that knee dealt with. I know there's a lot of pressure on her (financially....and all women feel like the world rests on our shoulders), but she also has to take care of herself.

Once she can get this dealt with, the sooner you all can start planning for future trips!

Derek leaves Feb 1 and as soon as he has his "official" Disney ID, he can call employee services to book our rooms! We should be on task to have this done before I need to make the dining ADR's on the 8th.

Exactly. I hate seeing her not enjoying her life. Sadly enough that is one of the only reasons Disney has been a good option for us because she can rent a scooter and go everywhere and still enjoy herself but the minute we go anywhere else it doesn't work. I just talked to her again and she is finally admitting that she is not sure if NY will work. I know she was hesitant and as much as I HATE to admit it esp since this was supposed to be for Katy's 16th birthday in lieu of a party I don't really see any other choice. That is why I think our disney trip next november can at least hopefully still work because at all the parks and esp disney she can either rent a wheel chair or a scooter and still have fun and enjoy herself. But ultimately I REALLY hope she gets this fixed. I totally get her reasons but she is just cheating herself and I'm fine with not doing anything till she gets it fixed. Sure it sucks but ultimately she is the one who needs to get healed!

I bet you are mixed about Derek leaving. I am sure it is prob always hard to have him go but the sooner he goes then you can get your trip booked and then you will be able to see him this summer and then he will be home right around the corner after that right?

So excited for you guys. Heck I'm excited just to see your pics and report from the diva trip. I so wish we could go but like always things need to all align before anything else can happen.

Hope you are feeling well (your toe and such) and Shy is on the mend. Looking forward to some more updates on this one soon. ;)

Glad you get some Diva girl time. pixiedust: Traveling solo has some major benefits, especially when you're used to taking "the whole rolling circus" -- as I call my clan -- with you!

My friend and I are taking our daughters on a girls'/birthday trip this summer. I actually just started my PTR!

Exactly. I hate seeing her not enjoying her life. Sadly enough that is one of the only reasons Disney has been a good option for us because she can rent a scooter and go everywhere and still enjoy herself but the minute we go anywhere else it doesn't work. I just talked to her again and she is finally admitting that she is not sure if NY will work. I know she was hesitant and as much as I HATE to admit it esp since this was supposed to be for Katy's 16th birthday in lieu of a party I don't really see any other choice. That is why I think our disney trip next november can at least hopefully still work because at all the parks and esp disney she can either rent a wheel chair or a scooter and still have fun and enjoy herself. But ultimately I REALLY hope she gets this fixed. I totally get her reasons but she is just cheating herself and I'm fine with not doing anything till she gets it fixed. Sure it sucks but ultimately she is the one who needs to get healed!

I bet you are mixed about Derek leaving. I am sure it is prob always hard to have him go but the sooner he goes then you can get your trip booked and then you will be able to see him this summer and then he will be home right around the corner after that right?

So excited for you guys. Heck I'm excited just to see your pics and report from the diva trip. I so wish we could go but like always things need to all align before anything else can happen.

Hope you are feeling well (your toe and such) and Shy is on the mend. Looking forward to some more updates on this one soon. ;)

Yup, definite mixed feelings about Derek. I'm happy he's getting to repeat something he really likes and I know that home life here was not working for him. He's gotten used to being on his own and our house is far from that. I always figured Derek would be the one kid that would be furthest from home. He loves us & his siblings but he doesn't have the patience or the interest in dealing with all the kids anymore.

Having him go, will allow us the opportunity to take the kids to WDW which without his CM discounts was no way gonna happen.....so there is a plus in this.

I'll miss him.....a lot.......but I know he'll be much happier!

Glad you get some Diva girl time. pixiedust: Traveling solo has some major benefits, especially when you're used to taking "the whole rolling circus" -- as I call my clan -- with you!

My friend and I are taking our daughters on a girls'/birthday trip this summer. I actually just started my PTR!

It is really a different feel, not taking everyone and having to cater to all their needs & schedules. But I also feel nakey with out them......lol

Yea I am not surprised about Derek. He is young and has gotten a taste of freedom and independance and he is sowing his oats. He will change when he gets older but it is good that he can experience life now while he is young. Everyone is different in their priorities so I hope he has a good time and finds something he enjoys doing later in life. And like you said BONUS cuz you all get to go on your trip!!

As for us things seem to change daily but I talked to mom at lunch and we are now thinking about moving our november trip to June. Mom didn't want to have no plans for this summer and obviously I didn't either as I SO need a break but I was willing to forgo it for whatever it took to get mom back going again. But we have decided that if she is able to have the surgery before june which I REALLY hope she does then even if she is not fully recovered almost everything we do in So Cal she can get a scooter or wheelchair and even if she hasn't had it yet again we can rent those things and that is the one vacay that is fairly doable for her. There is no point even thinking about NY till she can get around better so we have pushed that back to 17 now and hopefully it actually happens someday!

Then in November she has 2 weeks that she already paid for on her timeshare that she has to use (we bought them for the aulanni but never got in). So we may use 1 week to go to vegas over Thanksgiving. She is not enthused to go back I really want to see the Grand Canyon and I have only been to vegas once and would love to go back and see some shows and all the fun hotels. So hopefully I can convince her but then for our other week we are hopefully going to finally get back to DW next June. We would use our timeshare for a week and just go to the parks 1 day each and then a few days at US and then possibly do a Royal Carribean cruise at the end of the week. Then mom and I would probably buy AP's and go back that November for food and wine.

As always all of this is speculative but at least all of these trips she can get a wheelchair or scooter if she still needs it by then and nothing would have to be cancelled.

But for now we are looking at at least getting some rooms booked for june since that is a busy time and the 60th will be in full swing by then.

Once the rooms are booked and we buy our tixs I will feel like it is actually going to happen and then I can start getting excited ;)

Hi Michele!!

Yea I am not surprised about Derek. He is young and has gotten a taste of freedom and independance and he is sowing his oats. He will change when he gets older but it is good that he can experience life now while he is young. Everyone is different in their priorities so I hope he has a good time and finds something he enjoys doing later in life. And like you said BONUS cuz you all get to go on your trip!!

As for us things seem to change daily but I talked to mom at lunch and we are now thinking about moving our november trip to June. Mom didn't want to have no plans for this summer and obviously I didn't either as I SO need a break but I was willing to forgo it for whatever it took to get mom back going again. But we have decided that if she is able to have the surgery before june which I REALLY hope she does then even if she is not fully recovered almost everything we do in So Cal she can get a scooter or wheelchair and even if she hasn't had it yet again we can rent those things and that is the one vacay that is fairly doable for her. There is no point even thinking about NY till she can get around better so we have pushed that back to 17 now and hopefully it actually happens someday!

Then in November she has 2 weeks that she already paid for on her timeshare that she has to use (we bought them for the aulanni but never got in). So we may use 1 week to go to vegas over Thanksgiving. She is not enthused to go back I really want to see the Grand Canyon and I have only been to vegas once and would love to go back and see some shows and all the fun hotels. So hopefully I can convince her but then for our other week we are hopefully going to finally get back to DW next June. We would use our timeshare for a week and just go to the parks 1 day each and then a few days at US and then possibly do a Royal Carribean cruise at the end of the week. Then mom and I would probably buy AP's and go back that November for food and wine.

As always all of this is speculative but at least all of these trips she can get a wheelchair or scooter if she still needs it by then and nothing would have to be cancelled.

But for now we are looking at at least getting some rooms booked for june since that is a busy time and the 60th will be in full swing by th'men.

Once the rooms are booked and we buy our tixs I will feel like it is actually going to happen and then I can start getting excited ;)

Yay for getting to Disneyland this summer!! I'm disappointed that a lot of the merchandise for the 60th isn't coming out until May. With half the stuff closed down, they need to reward us somehow for coming during that time. Hopefully they'll have some anniversary things. Tyler opted not to do the WDW trip (I was shocked since he's never been).....he wants to go to Disneyland for the 60th. His first trip was the 50th....so it makes sense. So I guess I can send him with a list & money to pick up stuff if I don't find anything at the end of the month.

Ok, time to update the happenings:

Wednesday (arrival day): I'm going to do the River Belle Terrace Fantasmic Dining Package.......solo

Thursday: We are doing a Gift Exchange for the Meet-n-Greet and I got my person. It's someone I know, so I'm excited to be getting goodies for a friend!!

Friday: Doing breakfast at Steakhouse 55 (my first time there) with 6 other ladies.
I am now doing the Scavenger Hunt again. One of the ladies had a spot & since I know they will be slow going, I figured it would work fine.

Saturday: I booked (with a bunch of other Divas) the Disney California Story Tour in DCA. This is a newer tour & am excited to be doing it. It usually has a ride on Soarin', so I'm not sure what they are replacing that with. We get to ride Radiator Springs Racers!!!

I think that covers the changes since I last posted!!

Derek left this morning for Florida. He was excited to be going again. He'll be a lifeguard at Typhoon Lagoon. So if you are heading to WDW......look for my boy!!

It looks fun! Especially the tour of DCA. Very cool! I can hardly wait to hear all about it!

Loving all the changes to your trip and I am sure you are glad to do the scavy hunt. That is one of mom and I's fave parts. I know you are sad about Derek but hopefully the time will go fast and he will have a good time! Yes it is a bummer about the 60th. I know they have some limited Edition pins already. I am sure I will get whatever one is there when I go and hope they aren't sold out! So far it doesn't seem like THAT much stuff. I am anxious to see the new fireworks and WOC and possibly the parade but I guess I was so used to all the stuff they did for the 50th I was thinking it might be like that but then again 50 was a BIG one and so they probably won't do something huge like that till 100 which who knows if I will even be around then LOL. Still looking forward to it though and it does stink that so much will be down when you guys go!

As for us since last I wrote we have booked our hotels for June. We are staying in one on Shelter Island in SD. We stayed there when we went in 12 and while not at the same hotel hopefully it will be nice. We are doing a day at Seaworld and a day at the Wild Animal Park. I have only been once years ago so looking forward to that again. We also plan to meet up with my cousins that live there and possibly one of my old friends from college. Then we head up to Disney for 4 days and our last day we are going to do the Getty and maybe some other stuff we missed in November. I'm so anxious to go. We also booked our timeshare for DW for next June of 16 and instead of Vegas at Thanksgiving we are going to use our other week for mom and I hopefully. We have to call RCI back and make sure we can book midweek because for her and I's solo trip we want to go on a wed and leave the following Thurs and usually timeshares are Sat to Sat. We are going either way but may not use the timeshare and if that is the case we may stay onsite. We are buying AP's and the Table in Wonderland card vs doing the dinning plan and hope to have 1 if not 2 days at Food and wine. We are also hopefully going to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour which I have always wanted to do.

I am glad you are doing the new DCA tour. I really am curious about that and will be anxious to hear how it is as I may want to do that one. Mom an I were thinking about doing Walk in Walt's Footsteps again eventually since they now let you go in the apt.

So excited for the diva trip to see and hear what all you do! Getting close!!! :)

Great PTR! I am looking forward to more. I, too, am bummed about Michele not going. I was looking forward to meeting her. :sad1:

Only 23 more days!

Yay for getting to Disneyland this summer!! I'm disappointed that a lot of the merchandise for the 60th isn't coming out until May. With half the stuff closed down, they need to reward us somehow for coming during that time. Hopefully they'll have some anniversary things. Tyler opted not to do the WDW trip (I was shocked since he's never been).....he wants to go to Disneyland for the 60th. His first trip was the 50th....so it makes sense. So I guess I can send him with a list & money to pick up stuff if I don't find anything at the end of the month.
Exactly! I have been an annual passholder for a long time. I know the Disney Cruises already do something like that for Castaway Club members (their club for returning cruisers)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter