Gavin's Wish Comes True!! MAW

Well I'm not Stephanie but we recently got back from our first WDW trip ever and we did see Illuminations. I had wondered if we would enjoy it because of some reviews I read but honestly we loved it. The kids DD12, DD10, and DS9 (he is Autistic spectrum among other things and cognitivley he is more like 6) all enjoyed it. The older two asked me alot of qestions about the story and Jonnie just kept pointing out the fireworks and pyrotechnics and they all liked the music. I would make time to see it again in a heart beat but we are fireworks people and DH and DS like pyrotechnis so it ws right up our alley. If you guys enjoy fireworks and the kids will enjoy a show that is partially lights, partially fireworks and partially pyrotechnics then you will enjoy it. Hope this helps some.

Thanks Stephanie, I'll have to add that to my itenerary. Did you guys watch IllumiNations? Is it worth seeing?

We left Epcot to go to Mayor Clayton's B-Day party at GKTW and didn't end up returning for Illuminations. We had seen it in the past. It's a good show, but I personally wouldn't go out of your way to see it. If you are already at Epcot that day, then by all means stay for Illuminations unless the kids are having a meltdown. But if you are somewhere else, it is a lot of walking and waiting to see a show that is just "pretty good'.

Well I'm not Stephanie but we recently got back from our first WDW trip ever and we did see Illuminations. I had wondered if we would enjoy it because of some reviews I read but honestly we loved it. The kids DD12, DD10, and DS9 (he is Autistic spectrum among other things and cognitivley he is more like 6) all enjoyed it. The older two asked me alot of qestions about the story and Jonnie just kept pointing out the fireworks and pyrotechnics and they all liked the music. I would make time to see it again in a heart beat but we are fireworks people and DH and DS like pyrotechnis so it ws right up our alley. If you guys enjoy fireworks and the kids will enjoy a show that is partially lights, partially fireworks and partially pyrotechnics then you will enjoy it. Hope this helps some.

First off Welcome!! Glad your following along. Thanks for the input. I know I love fireworks and so do my older and younger kids but Gavin hates all the noise. He's already saying he dosent even want to do the Wishes fireworks.:scared1: but Im thinking maybe with some ear plugs he'll be Ok.

We left Epcot to go to Mayor Clayton's B-Day party at GKTW and didn't end up returning for Illuminations. We had seen it in the past. It's a good show, but I personally wouldn't go out of your way to see it. If you are already at Epcot that day, then by all means stay for Illuminations unless the kids are having a meltdown. But if you are somewhere else, it is a lot of walking and waiting to see a show that is just "pretty good'.

Stephanie, thanks. I guess we'll just wait and see how were feeling. Were definetley hitting the fireworks at MK so if needed I think this could be passed up.

I'm bumping you up ;) Right now our plan is doing Epcot on Thurs (GKTW Christmas party) so I think we're going to end up skipping Illuminations. We're def doing Wishes and Fantasmic though :)

We got an amazing gift in the mail today. A few weeks ago I got a PM from an amazing woman named Margaret (MCazer) saying she makes autograph books and sells them on e-bay and she read our PTR and wanted to send one for Gavin and his brother and sister!! She gave us her e-bay site and the kids got to go pick out the one's they wanted. They were so excited as she has soo many amazing designs. As we were looking at her site we saw she not only does the autograph books but they come with a little bag and pen also. Too cute! The kids picked their designs and I let Margaret know just last week. We checked our mail today and it was here! I cant believe how fast she got them made and we are so happy with them. Great job Margaret!
Look what the box said, Gavin was so happy to get mail!
disney026.jpg

disney020.jpg

He loves his Woody!
disney021.jpg

She made him an autograph book AND a photo book
disney022.jpg

disney023.jpg

disney024.jpg

The kids also got sheriff badges! Yay, sheriff Woody
disney025.jpg

My very favorite is these pictures she sent us, I dont know how she did it but Good job! I love them and the kids got a huge kick out of them.
disney027.jpg

Then Kia came home and opened her's
disney030.jpg

She thinks she's so grown up and is loving the skulls!
disney032.jpg

disney034.jpg

Then Caiden came home and got his right away
disney035.jpg

He is very happy with his Buzz
disney037.jpg

and all three of them
disney038.jpg

Thank you Margaret! We just love everything. Oh and she sent a luggage tag for each of us that are so adorable. I forgot pics of these but I will get on that soon. We were expecting autograph books and got a whole box of goodies! That was so very sweet of you.

Very cool, Jennifer..isn't pixie dust awesome? Woohoo..the trips are getting closer and closer!

Jennifer, that package was sure a hit with the kids! I love the photo of the kids heads superimposed. Too funny! What a wonderful gift.

Those are awesome! What a wonderful, generous lady. I will have to look her up on ebay next time we go!

Very cool, Jennifer..isn't pixie dust awesome? Woohoo..the trips are getting closer and closer!

Amanda, it was so awesome to recieve this pixie dust. We are so greatful and loved everything. Yes! Our trips are getting so close, less than 2 months now :banana:

Jennifer, that package was sure a hit with the kids! I love the photo of the kids heads superimposed. Too funny! What a wonderful gift.

The kids loved it! Im sure your girls are going to feel the same when your Big Give stuff starts arriving! Congrats again. I love the superimposed pic and it's Toy Story! Gavin's favorite, he thought it was perfect he was Woody.

Those are awesome! What a wonderful, generous lady. I will have to look her up on ebay next time we go!

Definetley, she is a wonderful person. Please do look her up on e-bay. I can give you her e-bay Id if you ever want to see her stuff. She has tons of designs. All beautiful!

That is fantastic! I love the looks on the kids' faces. They are so obviously pleased with everything.:goodvibes

Definetley, she is a wonderful person. Please do look her up on e-bay. I can give you her e-bay Id if you ever want to see her stuff. She has tons of designs. All beautiful!

Can you PM me her ebay ID please? I'd like to add her to my favorite sellers so I know what she has and keep her info on hand for our next trip.

First off Welcome!! Glad your following along. Thanks for the input. I know I love fireworks and so do my older and younger kids but Gavin hates all the noise. He's already saying he dosent even want to do the Wishes fireworks.:scared1: but Im thinking maybe with some ear plugs he'll be Ok.

LOL Matty hates the noise that accompanies the fireworks too and that makes it really hard to go and enjoy them without feeling like we are traumatizing him. He is better than he used to be....................he used to scream and cry. Kind of made me wonder if it were actually 'louder' for him and perhaps caused some sort of discomfort his reaction was so severe. He doesn't cry now but still holds his ears and winces. Maybe we should consider ear plugs in the future as well.

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739

Can you PM me her ebay ID please? I'd like to add her to my favorite sellers so I know what she has and keep her info on hand for our next trip.

Stephanie, I sent you a PM

LOL Matty hates the noise that accompanies the fireworks too and that makes it really hard to go and enjoy them without feeling like we are traumatizing him. He is better than he used to be....................he used to scream and cry. Kind of made me wonder if it were actually 'louder' for him and perhaps caused some sort of discomfort his reaction was so severe. He doesn't cry now but still holds his ears and winces. Maybe we should consider ear plugs in the future as well.

Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739

I get that guilty feeling too, but Gavin does love watching the fireworks so Im really hopeful earpugs will work. If not maybe just going further away but hopefully where we can still see them

It's time for another DFN :banana: Mulan
This one was done out of covenience in a way. Gramma was over and decided to treat us to dinner and we decided on Chinese food. We were running a few days behind on doing our DFN so I thought Perfect! :thumbsup2 Sis-in-law lives next door and I know she owns Mulan so I sent Kia over for it and we had instant DFN! Well I did have to come up with a craft but that was easy. Chinese paper lanterns and fans :) Really easy. I folded the paper and drew the cutting lines for the lanterns for the boys and they cut them out.
Caiden giving everyone directions (although he has no clue what he's doing :lmao:)
Disneymovienights003.jpg

Disneymovienights004.jpg

Kia folding her fan
Disneymovienights005.jpg

Our finished projects which I think turned out pretty good!
Disneymovienights008.jpg

Disneymovienights010.jpg

Disneymovienights009.jpg

Disneymovienights011.jpg

And our take out boxes :rotfl: I was so planning on taking pics of the food but somehow forgot
Disneymovienights012.jpg

Ohh..the lanterns and fans came out great! What a clever idea Jennifer! (translate that to...I might just steal it! :lmao: ) We love Chinese here as well, and Piper really does like Mulan. I need to pay you, StefaniLyn, and Melissa royalty fees or something! We're going to do our first movie night this weekend!

Awesome! :woohoo: You know I love an easy stress-free movie night! Great job on the craft. I will probably copy those, thanks! ;)

Ohh..the lanterns and fans came out great! What a clever idea Jennifer! (translate that to...I might just steal it! :lmao: ) We love Chinese here as well, and Piper really does like Mulan. I need to pay you, StefaniLyn, and Melissa royalty fees or something! We're going to do our first movie night this weekend!

Awesome! :woohoo: You know I love an easy stress-free movie night! Great job on the craft. I will probably copy those, thanks! ;)

Thanks girls :goodvibes We are really loving doing thee DFN and believe me the easier and least stressful the better. Even doing these simple things Gavin starts to get frustrated pretty easily. But that's OK even if I have to take over and do his he loves the finished product and takes all the credit :rotfl: I cant wait to read about your first DFN Amanda and Melissa feel free to copy these. I came up with the fans from someone else's PTR awhile ago.

Great job on your Family Movie Night! I love the fans and lanterns! Is this going to be a 'regular' thing for you guys?

[/COLOR]
ooooohhhhh love those paper lanterns (especially the paper that Kia's is made out of).

Nice job flying by the seat of your pants!!!!!

Mattty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739

Thanks Pamela, gotta love scrapbook paper for last minute crafts :lmao:

Great job on your Family Movie Night! I love the fans and lanterns! Is this going to be a 'regular' thing for you guys?

Thanks Stephanie, Yes this is definetley going to be a regular thing for us! We have always tried to do a family night but Im loving including the crafts even if were not very creative. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter