Gavin's Wish Comes True!! MAW

I think the handprint fish are very cute..you might see someone else posting pictures of them here sooner or later. :rolleyes1: Can't wait to see the pics of the gingerbread cookies and door hangers!

Call me dim, but I just noticed all your red headed children!! (Well..the red hair part, anyway..I had already noticed how cute they are!). You guys are going to be soooo easy to spot at the village! :laughing: I just started looking up park hours and emh hours and parade hours. Let me know if you want/need them :)

HaHa, yes all these red heads will be easy to spot. Where it all came from :confused3 DH and I are both dark brown. Well Dh does have red in his beard when he lets it grow out but when my oldest was born I was shocked:rotfl2:
I would love to know the EMH's do you know if we get in to those??

We don't get to use the EMH hours, I wanted to them so I would know which days would be busier at each park so I could avoid them, lol. Anyway, here they are:

3/4- MK
3/5-Epcot
3/3- AK. There were none listed for DHS while we were there, but I wasn't looking at any dates other than the 2-8, so you may want to check. I want to say the ones listed are all evening ones also, I don't think there were any morning ones.

Yes, since Nemo is on the short list of Tessa approved movies, we will likely be doing hand fish too. ;)

My DH has a red beard also, and my MIL used to tell us we would have a red head child. I would say she's full of it, but she also predicted we'd get married before we were even dating. :confused3 Phoebe has "auburn" hair, which I love, but it's hard to describe since it changes depending on the light. Her Bmom told me that she has a great something or other who had flame red hair and no one since. It certainly can lurk in the branches of the family tree! Anyway, what a fun coincidence.

Im trying to think of our meals for the week and I think we'll try to eat at GKTW for breakfast and dinner most days and do CS at Disney but I really want to try and get a character meal at US/IOA for the boys to see the super heros or scooby doo, spongebob, shrek. I cant find any info on where they have what characters scheduled :confused3 Does anybody know anything about this?? I see they have a character meal at Confisco but it dosent say what characters. For SW I really wanted to do Dine with Shamu but the price is a little high and I waited to long and it's all booked. Im thinking Circus McGurkus or Universal City Walk has the Nascar cafe Im sure that would be a hit with the boys. They love watching the Nascar racing with daddy.

Im trying to think of our meals for the week and I think we'll try to eat at GKTW for breakfast and dinner most days and do CS at Disney but I really want to try and get a character meal at US/IOA for the boys to see the super heros or scooby doo, spongebob, shrek. I cant find any info on where they have what characters scheduled :confused3 Does anybody know anything about this?? I see they have a character meal at Confisco but it dosent say what characters. For SW I really wanted to do Dine with Shamu but the price is a little high and I waited to long and it's all booked. Im thinking Circus McGurkus or Universal City Walk has the Nascar cafe Im sure that would be a hit with the boys. They love watching the Nascar racing with daddy.

I was actually prowling the US/IOA site today, and from what I saw the only character dining they offer is the Confisco breakfast. I'm assuming it's prob a mix of all the characters at IOA, which seemed to be a lot of superheroes and a few others..I did see also where Spongebob and Shrek & Donkey both have character spots to meet them, so even if they weren't at the breakfast you could prob still see them. I'm with you on Circus McGurkus..did you see where the skyrail thing goes right through it? Piper will :love: that!

Just thought I would pop over and say hello! It sure sounds like things have been crazy for you all lately. I'm glad that Gavin's MRI went well and that there weren't any new bleeds.:cool1: One hurdle conquered, right? We've scheduled a couple of character meals at Disney, but I wasn't able to really find anything for US. I was bummed, too, because the girls love Scooby Doo. At any rate, I look forward to following your trip planning!

Kelly

Just thought I would pop over and say hello! It sure sounds like things have been crazy for you all lately. I'm glad that Gavin's MRI went well and that there weren't any new bleeds.:cool1: One hurdle conquered, right? We've scheduled a couple of character meals at Disney, but I wasn't able to really find anything for US. I was bummed, too, because the girls love Scooby Doo. At any rate, I look forward to following your trip planning!

Kelly

Hi Kelly! Welcome to my PTR Im glad you found your way over. Yes, the MRI was very good I was so thankful for no new bleeds. Glad you got a few ADR's for Disney. May I ask what your going to do for US day. Im still unsure but probrably thinking Circus McGurkus.

but I really want to try and get a character meal at US/IOA for the boys to see the super heros or scooby doo, spongebob, shrek. I cant find any info on where they have what characters scheduled :confused3 Does anybody know anything about this?? I.

At IOA you can get a free meet and greet with the superheros after they come out on there four wheelers, and than get a free photo and front of the line with Spiderman. Not sure if they do character meals there or not.

Here are a couple pictures of Jake at IOA with all the super heros.

Dis942.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis943.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis943.jpg

Dis944.jpg

Dis945.jpg

Dis945.jpg

All of us....:dance3:

Dis946.jpg

Well, I would say schedule it, then keep searching, then either go for it and be surprised by the characters, or cancel later if you think you found a better alternative. Try searching blogs for Universal keywords. Maybe someone, somewhere has pics and a description of it. :confused3

At IOA you can get a free meet and greet with the superheros after they come out on there four wheelers, and than get a free photo and front of the line with Spiderman. Not sure if they do character meals there or not.

Here are a couple pictures of Jake at IOA with all the super heros.

Dis942.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis943.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Hannamom/Disney%20Trip/Dis943.jpg

Dis944.jpg

Dis945.jpg

Dis945.jpg

All of us....:dance3:

Dis946.jpg

Thank you so much for the info and the pics are great! Jake looks so happy with the superheroes.

Well, I would say schedule it, then keep searching, then either go for it and be surprised by the characters, or cancel later if you think you found a better alternative. Try searching blogs for Universal keywords. Maybe someone, somewhere has pics and a description of it. :confused3

Melissa, I think your right. I dont know why Im holding back on actually scheduling anything :confused3 I think maybe I still dont really think it's going to happen. I need to get on the ball though or it's going to be imposible to get anything. Alright you've motivated me and I'll get on that tomorrow :)

Good morning, Jennifer! I guess I'm lucky in that having a girl, she would have no interest in the superheroes at all, lol. Now Scooby and the gang are another thing altogether. I know she's also excited about the Harry Potter section of the park, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at least part of it will be open by the time we get there! Good luck with your ADRs today!!

Just make sure you let them know you coming with a wish child...it makes a huge difference. Jake wanted to eat at Margaitaville at US/IOA. So we called that day at 2pm, wanting to go at 6pm and they said they eariliest time they had was 9pm..:scared1: I than told them that would not work as it as to late, she asked if we wanted to make it the next day at that time, and I said we could not cause we were on my son's MAW trip and only had sometime...she said hang on a sec, came back on after a min and said, tonight at 6pm would be fine...:banana: When we got their, there was a 3 hour wait, and they took us right in, and got the best booth in the house...:cool1::cool1::cool1: We are HUGE Buffett fans, so it was awesome.

We did not do any CB or CD, but I am sure it would be the same way. Oh I also know of family that were on their wish trip the same time we were and they went to eat a castle, and when the were waiting in line to put their name down, they saw their Make A Wish pin, ( which I highly SUGGEST you make sure you have and wear, cause it makes to easier for the other visitors, other wise they can get really mean and nasty if they see you getting special treatment...once they see the pins, MOST people are very kind) and had them come to front of the line and got them seated right away....:yay:

I know she's also excited about the Harry Potter section of the park, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at least part of it will be open by the time we get there! Good luck with your ADRs today!!

I am not 100% sure, but I think HP is not opening until sometime in June. My kids wanted to go back for this, but when I saw it was going to open until than, we stuck with our Feb time, as June would be to hot for Jake.

I would go over the US/IOA forum and ask...they are pretty good over there. I will keep my fingers crossed that I am wrong...:wizard:

I am totally with dmbfan!

US is great with wish kids. If you want to meet a certain character, just let them know as soon as you get there and they will arrange it. Usually they arrange a fancy meet and greet. They have consistently arranged very nice meet and greets for the wish kids.

Also...if you are at a character line - they will either take you to the front or wait until the meet is about over and get all of the characters to come together to take pics.

At Disney this is not as likely - but Universal is small enough and they really take VIP to a whole new level with children staying at GKTW. :goodvibes

Just don't be afraid to tell them that you are on a wish trip (and show them your GKTW button) and they will make just about anything happen.

I am not 100% sure, but I think HP is not opening until sometime in June. My kids wanted to go back for this, but when I saw it was going to open until than, we stuck with our Feb time, as June would be to hot for Jake.

I would go over the US/IOA forum and ask...they are pretty good over there. I will keep my fingers crossed that I am wrong...:wizard:

I've do keep my eye on that board, and last I saw there seemed to be hope that there would be a soft opening (ie, just the Hogsmeade village section) before we get there. I'm not counting on anything, but it would be nice. I know what you mean about the weather being too hot, we're in the same situation with Piper. So cool that you guys are getting to go back and volunteer! :love:

Thanks everyone I will definetley be working on things todayand will make a point to ask about meeting the character of his choice when we get there. Now I just have to figure out which one :rotfl2: There are so many.
Amanda, we are hoping Harry Potter will be open also All my kids LOVE the movies. I also heard soft opening in late January and possible open late Feb. Im really hoping so and if not at least it should be done enough to get some cool pics.

On another note we did our DFN on Sun. but I have been so busy lately and now I have my mom here and the in-laws coming today so I dont think I'll have a chance to post pics until after Christmas. One of our crafts (our christmas one was making gingerbread cookies and decorating them. I have never made homemade cookies where you actually have to roll out the dough and cut out shapes. Needless to say we decorated them BUT eating was a no go! They came out hard as a rock :rotfl2: Oh well it was still fun.

Aww..I know you prob didn't even think about it, but next time you can always make ornaments out of them. Gingerbread is very picky as far as baking it, to not go too long a time, or too short a time, so don't feel too bad about it. I'm with you on the pics at Wizarding World even if it isn't open! Hope you're having a great day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter