Gaston's Tavern..Strange menu

The pork shank is so worth it. It's braised and the meat is fall-off the bone moist and tasty.

Gaston's Tavern is really more a snack place than a cs.

How is the pork shank served? On a plate, or in hand, do you eat it like those dreaded turkey legs?

When we had it last October, at soft opening, it was served in a cardboard tray with wax paper. We ate it with a fork, the meat was so tender, we didn't even need a knife. I have pics in my link in my signature. :)

Thanks for the link to your pics and review...

Pork Shank at Gaston's....check. On my list!

How far is Gaston's from BoG? At 180 days out, I made an ADR for two for BoG for next week (May 14th) for dinner. However, just a couple pf weeks ago, my husband's boss changed his mind and my husband was able to get off work and decided to join us. I have been trying for the last two weeks to add him to our BoG ADR, but have had no luck. The ADR is for 5:05pm, so we plan on just showing up early to see if they can add him. If not, no big deal, he's said that he'll just grab a CS while my mom and I eat at BoG. He'd love the atmosphere at Gastons and I think he'd like the pork shank. Just curious as to how far apart BoG and Gaston's were.

How far is Gaston's from BoG? At 180 days out, I made an ADR for two for BoG for next week (May 14th) for dinner. However, just a couple pf weeks ago, my husband's boss changed his mind and my husband was able to get off work and decided to join us. I have been trying for the last two weeks to add him to our BoG ADR, but have had no luck. The ADR is for 5:05pm, so we plan on just showing up early to see if they can add him. If not, no big deal, he's said that he'll just grab a CS while my mom and I eat at BoG. He'd love the atmosphere at Gastons and I think he'd like the pork shank. Just curious as to how far apart BoG and Gaston's were.

What is BoG?

It is a pretty limited menu, but the pork shank is very good. As well as LeFou's Brew, I loved that drink. It was kinda pricy with the mug, but it is a great souvinear. I do personally see this as a very big snack cart, but it is very good. The music and the feel to it is great also, they even have gaston's chair!

They are pretty much right next to each other.

It was one of our favorite stops when we were in the World in November. My DD has high functioning autism, and it was calm and quiet in there. We sat by the "fire" and shared a hummus/pretzels and a cinnamon roll. We didn't try the Brew, as my DD hates apple juice (long weird story, LOL), but it was a great little place. Different, but fun. Gaston was greeting out front with little wait, but my DD wouldn't go over, she said he is a bad guy, LOL. But from afar, he looked hilarious. VERY Gaston!

It's a limited menu because Gaston is a simple man. Can't get too complicated for him!

They are pretty much right next to each other.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter