Gaston's Tavern..Strange menu

DisReno

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Why does Gaston's Tavern have such a small, strange limited menu?

A pork shank and a cinnamon roll is what I'm getting. That and LeFreou's Brew, LOL.

Are there plans to expand the menu?

It is small so they can't fit a bigger menu. Not enough places to sit for that.

Finally tried it last weekend. I got vegetables with dip. Lots of people were getting the yellow drink. I'm not at all a cheap guy but for $10 or so it better be good. As in full of rum.:lmao:

Hello,

Why does Gaston's Tavern have such a small, strange limited menu?

A pork shank and a cinnamon roll is what I'm getting. That and LeFreou's Brew, LOL.

Are there plans to expand the menu?

It is a bizarre combination, isn't it? It's more like a heavily-themed snack cart than what I would expect of a quick service location.

Melissa I like your explanation. Yes it is more like a snack cart. I think people are thinking it's a CS and it isn't. My kids (adults) had the brew and the hummus as a snack. They didn't think it was anything special. I tried the brew and didn't like it, too sweet. Wouldn't go out of my way for it. Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy The Magic!!

I actually like the menu.

I don't really like MSB (too long lines for food I really never liked) and at Gaston's I can get a pork shank in the morning (don't like anything sweet in the morning and not a fan of eggs) and the rest of my group get the sweets they enjoy... win/win for me :thumbsup2

IMG_2548_zps1b336fb3.jpg

I love the unique snacks they have there. The veggies and dip, the apples and Carmel dip, and the hummus. Plus Lefou's Brew is AMAZING!!!! It's my favorite!!!!

It definitely is more of a snack cart thing, the hummus and crackers, veggies, fruit cups, are all pretty good, and I absolutely love the Lefou's Brew! No appeal to the shank at all, but it's more of a themed place, so you can really be immersed into the experience of it all. That, and I mean, BOG is a CS during the lunch hours anyways, so that would be a lot of BatB restaurants in one place?
a

DH and I love it! It's different from what they serve every where else. This location was designed to be more on the snack side, not actual meals. We love the pork shank and although DH is not too fond of the LeFou's Brew, I enjoy it. Its different and refreshing. This is our go to place when we don't want a full mean of burger & fries, but want to munch on something.

It's not a place I would go for an actual meal, but the cinnamon buns are really tasty. I wasn't impressed by the Brew, but I loved loved loved the atmosphere, it's such a cute little place! I might try the hummus next time.

I can't wait to visit Gaston's Tavern.

My wife will have to help me, because

xLSaLwI.gif

That pork shank will be mine. I'll chow down and be like:

UBv9vFm.gif

Then I'll down some brew and be all like:

XrMGCNN.gif

And, of course, it'll be

Er3dCTV.gif

And then I'll go for a smooch on my wifey, but she'll be all like:

ka4xa5P.gif

And I'll wonder: Is it because I...

VOb7ISY.gif

AND I WON'T GIVE A CARE CUZ

9LNSjYu.gif

OMG, you are SO gonna owe me a pork shank if my kid wakes up from my raucous laughter at that. Oh golly...wiping away tears now...

mmmm....pork shank....

The pork shank is so worth it. It's braised and the meat is fall-off the bone moist and tasty.

Gaston's Tavern is really more a snack place than a cs.

It's more of a snack shop than a full restaurant. It's not large enough to take crowds looking to eat a full meal.

You can use a CS credit there for a pork shank, drink and dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter