Gas prices

We are driving down from Colorado Right now I am posting this from the Atlanta Double Tree Suites With there free wireless access. Here are the gas Prices on the way here so far.
Denver 1.89
Salina , Ks 1.95
Saint Louis , Mo 1.89
Mount Vernon, IL 1.87
Dalton , Ga 1.73

We are Driving a 2004 Ford Excurision 44 gallon tank .

Chevron closest to my house is $2.35 regular, $2.55 premium. :mad: Gotta drive way out of the way to get gas in the low $2's around here. Live in the San Diego area...

And I hope the price keeps going up to reflect the true cost of using a gallon of gas to the environment. Not a popular opinion I bet but why are we wasting so much? Gas is cheaper in the US than anywhere else.

You are right it is cheaper here than anywhere else but most countries are as large as our states and have much better public transportation systems (speaking mainly of Europe). If we even had another option I would be complaining. I just returned from N. VA and prices were 1.75-1.79. Here outside Phila $1.85

Average price here in the UK at the moment is $5.39 per US gallon with price rises expected soon.

I don't know what you wimps are complaining about!!!!

Andrew

You guys have decent public trans and your country is smaller than most of our states!!!...we have to drive... you most likely have other options...that is why we are complaining!

Originally posted by Tinkerbutt
You guys have decent public trans and your country is smaller than most of our states!!!...we have to drive... you most likely have other options...that is why we are complaining!

Maybe, if gas cost $5.39 in your country, there would be pressure on states, counties and cities to provide better public transport in the USA. It's supply and demand - if the demand for public transport existed in USA, someone would step in and provide it. It is our government's policy to encourage the use of public transport.

I doubt that the size of our respective countries is a factor. Very few people in the UK would drive regularly from John O'Groats in Scotland to Land's End in Cornwall on a regular basis - I would doubt that a daily commute in USA is any further than a daily commute in UK.

Don't imagine that the Brits aren't complaining too. Like you, we also love our automobiles and many people prefer them over public transport, even where it exists. And public transport in rural areas of the UK is no better than in USA.

I still think you are wimps!!!

Andrew

I very much disagree SIZE is a huge factor....as is the relative concentration of population... that is why in our country public transportation is sucessful in urban areas. It would never be feasible in the less populated areas, which happens to be most of our nation. The relative cost to lay tracks and utilize such transporation systems would far outweight the costs of a gallon of gas. Sure we shouldn't all drive SUVs but we are not the only country that shows Public Tranportation is not a cost effective option in large countries, less dense nations...look and Canada and Australia as well.

Im from Michigan it's about $1.97 for regular and thaey say its going to go up!:rolleyes:

I paid $2.05 this weekend in New York City. Broke my heart. :sad1: :sad1:

That's when we'll be traveling home, and we all know what happens to gas prices on weekend holidays!! AARRRGGHHH!!!!

<font face="times" size="+0">Is anyone down in Orlando now? How is the price looking at the Hess Stations in WDW today?</font>

To help offset gas prices, I got the visa card offered thru AAA's site. When you use it to purchase gas, you get a 5% credit, up to $3.00 per day, posted to your account within a couple of days of your gas purchase. It really, really works. 5% may not seem like much, but this month so far, my credits have totaled about $15.00, enough for half a tank for my car.

We're at $2.05 as of last night.

Near the Milwaukee, WI area :mad:

$2.10 a gallon here for regular. I live in Westchester County, NY. 20 minutes from NYC. Michelle

Looking at about $2.89 US a gallon up north here in Canada. Thats about a 94 cents canadian a litre on average across our vast country. We have not seen it this high ever.

We're paying $1.76 here in Arlington, TX for regular and as high as $2.10 for premium

$1.76...I only wish....Phila is now about $1.95

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter