Gas going up AGAIN!!!

bamamom

DIS Veteran
News say gas is going up again.....20 cents per gallon by this weekend. Just in time for our trip to the beach :beach: . Last year gas prices hit the highest right when we started to leave for WDW :moped: So I guess someone told them it was vacation time again for us so they could raise the prices again :rotfl2:

:furious: I just filled up today and it is $3.10 a gallon here! You mean to tell me it is going up even more? Guess we won't be driving too far! I am a stay at home mom so luckily I don't have to go to an outside job every day. I think the gas prices are ridiculous!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised as alot of people are on vacation this week so prices will be going up just in time for them to head home.

I saw when the markets closed today that the price of a barrel of oil went down??? I really can't stand much more.

I got gas for $2.93 then drove down the street and it was $3.08=3.09 at all the other stations. This is a huge traveling week around here with so many people vacationing because it's the week of the 4th.

It is $2.72 a gallon here.....We leave in a little over a week so I am sure it will hit 3.00 by the time we go..THAT SUCKS!!! :guilty:

Oil has hit $75/bbl. That's where it was after Katrina hit.

Most of the price of a barrel of oil is speculation (don't buy the hype that demand is pushing the costs up). Unrest in the Middle East and Nigeria and the threat of more hurricanes in the Gulf are all the traders need to jack the prices up more.

A lot of talk is pointing to $90/bbl oil by year's end.

yay.

Thankfully I live about 5 miles from a reservation where they sell gas w/ no tax. Just a few days ago I filled up for $2.57 a gallon- noticed late today it was $2.79 gallon. It always goes up Thurs-Sun on the reservation though. Best sales are on Tuesday & Wednesday they usually drop the price $0.20-0.50 a gallon to fight each other for business.

Our trip is 3 weeks away and I'm sure I'm going to be having sticker shock when it comes to gas prices.

I just filled up today for $3.11 (after looking around a bit) but most of the rest of the stations were running $3.25 or so. I've heard talk of the price hitting close to $4.00 by summer's end here in New York...many times I find this is just talk, but scary talk all the same. One more stong Gulf hurricane is all it would take.

Was watching Ron Insana on Market Watch this morning and he was talking to some analysts who said gas could get up to $90-100 a barrel!!! That would mean gas prices in the $5-6 a gallon range! I think that would really have an impact on everyone!!!! As of right now it costs me $63.00 to fill up my mini van! Insane!!!

$2.81 here - haven't check in a couple days. I will when I am out running errands today though.

Harvest02 said:
:furious: I just filled up today and it is $3.10 a gallon here! You mean to tell me it is going up even more? Guess we won't be driving too far! I am a stay at home mom so luckily I don't have to go to an outside job every day. I think the gas prices are ridiculous!!!!!

Hoosier here too (NE part) and our gas was $2.99 on July 4 and then $3.09 July 5th. I am at SAHM too but my husband still drives across town for his job. I feel like we keep having to raise our gas budget each month. This is totally getting out of hand!!! :furious: :furious: :furious:

We hedged our bets and bought into a fund that is heavily invested in energy. f gas prices go up the fund does well so we're happy. If gas prices go down we pay less at the pump so we're happier. Either way we win!

I've stopped looking at the price. I can't do anything about it and I need to buy gas to get to work. So I figure why worry about something I can't control!

I think a lot of people have to watch the prices because it affects our budgets. I know our weekly gas budget is now $100 a week for our 2 vehicles. That is if we can keep the running to a minimum. This past weekend when we had cook-outs everyday to go to-- it ran us almost $175 just for gas. You hate to not spend time w/ family because the gas costs are stopping you---it is getting out of control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter