Garden Grill

We were there in sept. Here's an excerpt of my experiences/opinion:

"After many hours of sweating it out around the world, it was time for dinner!! This time a character meal at the Garden Grill. The food was ok. I thought it was interesting that Disney actually grows some of the vegetables served for the meal there on Epcot property. The characters were only ok: Chip & Dale (no costume special or otherwise), Pluto (with a plaid neckerchief--big whoop) and farmer Mickey who was actually quite cute. The restaurant is unique in that it very slowly turns as you dine. Because I'm on a quest to experience every attraction/eatery/show on WDW property at least once, I'm glad we ate there but there wasn't anything special enough to bring us back. "

Do not be afraid of the "motion" as it goes so slowly you can hardly tell you're moving.

You can see pix of the characters on my blog here: http://crowellgang.blogspot.com/2012_09_01_archive.html

We were there in March and really enjoyed it - we liked the food (I'm in love with the maple butter that comes with the bread), the character interaction, and our server (I think his name was Chris - he was great). You barely notice the restaurant is moving.

Here are the 2 platters:

DSCN1082.jpg

DSCN1081.jpg

Just ate there last week and it is a must do now. Food was delish and the character interactions were plentiful. Our server Barry was really nice and efficient. I start to drool thinking about the steak. So tender!!!!

We went in Sept of 2010 and 2011 and loved it! It was among our favs. But this year, it wasn't very good. Service was slow, we didn't even see our server but a few times, sat with empty drinks, and they have changed the food so it was just eh. We were pretty disappointed.

This sums up probably my biggest complaint with the food. The adult platter was slathered with sauces and not much of a vegetable to speak of but the kids platter is even worse. Sweet potato fries AND mac-and-cheese? Why both? The teeny bit of broccoli could get lost in all that starch. And chicken legs are okay for older kids, but 2 of my 3 needed me to pull the meat off the bone for them which is annoying to me and something I would never order in a restaurant specifically for that reason. With all the talk of how fresh their food is and all those veggies they grow right there, would it kill them to put a few of 'em out there?

We are trying Garden Grill for the first time on our upcoming trip! I have a quick question, is it possible to ask for the meat to be well done? in the picture is looks more like medium. Thanks!

Can you ask for more veggies only? I agree, the sad little broccoli spear on the kids plate is not enough. Could I ask for an entire plate of broccoli?

We went to the GG on our last trip in June and it was hands down the best food I have had at disney. I only wish it was open to regular dinning and not just character.

Can you ask for more veggies only? I agree, the sad little broccoli spear on the kids plate is not enough. Could I ask for an entire plate of broccoli?

Yes! you can and we did. The waiter, who was fine btw, acted like it was a very strange request. Like the poster above I was kind of shocked that there really wasn't a vegetable served. We did get a full plate of broccoli and it was ok. The fish was inedible but the turkey and mashed potatoes were good. I'm not a fan of sweet potato fries so they did nothing for me. It would just be nice if there were some more veggies or something. It all seemed so carby and starchy and not very flavorful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter