Garden Grill- How is it?

Lynn5700

<font color=darkorchid>WOO HOO I will be there<br>
Hey guys!! Have any of you been there? I'm thinking about it for our trip in Jan because Tim would like to eat there.

How is the food though. I have looked at the menu and it sounds good. Just would like to hear what you all think. Thanks.

Hey Lynn, Havent been here in a while but it was good last time I was there. And I haven't read anything bad either. Have a nice Trip .:thumbsup2

OP - great question. We were thinking of eating there this trip since we haven't done this character meal yet and I think I heard that the restaurant rotates and goes over one of the rides - maybe the Land? So, let's hear those reviews!

We enjoyed the Garden Grill and will be eating there again in August. The restaurant does rotate and you will see pieces of the Living with the Land attraction. Character interaction was one of the best we've had to date. Mickey decided to mix up a concoction containing M&M's, a crayon, salt & Pepper, left over frosting from the build your own cupcake and a straw...he tried to feed it to my DD who refused so Chip was pulled in to taste test :rotfl:

omg we love garden grill. it is a family tradition for us. i love that it is a character meal and i love the atmosphere. the food is great and we always leave happy and so so full. you should put it on your list its great!!!

This is a very nice restaurant! the characters are your typical (mickey, chip and dale, pluto, goofy..) dressed in farmers clothes and they spend time at the table and make sure to get around to them at least once.
The food is very good, though my only complaint would be that there wasnt enough of it for my party. There were 9 of us and the family style portions were quite small, we had to ask for more dishes of food several times.
The rotating of the restaurant is barely felt, it is a very gentle glide, we sat down and ate for about an hour and the restaurant rotated only a few times. you cannot see the ride boats as much as you can actually see the sets from the ride, which provide a very nice atmosphere.
I would def recommend this restaurant for a change of pace!

This is by far one of my favorite restaurants. We LOVE it. I'm disappointed they only do diners now but at least they are still open.
You are supposed to ask for more food when you run out so no worries! It take about an hour and half for the restaurant to make one full revolution.

We ate at the Garden Grill last September and really enjoyed it. We are hoping to go back this fall. As character a character dinner goes, it is pretty mello, which we found to be nice. The food was good. We absolutely loved the potatoes, but it appears that they do not serve them there anymore. Bummer, but I am sure they replaced them with something else that is yummy. My kids loved the 'make your own' cupcakes for dessert. It was a good time.

We are not big into character dining but I am been trying to drag my husband back for months, I just enjoyed the food that much. It is fun the watch the view in the restaurant change over it. People standing in the land near the restaurant tend to kind of stare at people eating which bugs some people, but it is not a big deal at all.

We just recently went back to Garden Grill after many years and loved it. We were not rushed at all and felt like we could spend time with the characters. My children who are NOT picky eaters loved the salad with the buttermilk dressing - lightly dressed (not too much, not too little - just right). The first plate of catfish was a little dry but when we mentioned it our waiter immediately brought us a fresh platter that was moist and delicious!

We had a great time there and can't wait to go again! Hope this helps some. (Sorry this is the best picture I could get of the food as my computer is having "issues" lately. :headache:)

100_1371.jpg

OK great. We are definitely going to try it!! Thank you so much for the replies.

Ooh thanks for the picture. What exactly is on there, if you don't mind me asking??

GG is a must-do for us every trip! The food is good and the character interaction is the best! I remember the first time we ate there Chip took our bowl of catfish and ran away with it. He eventually brought it back. I remember Mickey riding a broomstick around the restaurant for some reason! lol! The most recent time we went Dale sat down and colored with my daughter and then Chip came and helped her decorate her cupcake. Sometimes the characters are at the table 2 at a time and everytime we've been the characters have made it around more than once. This is a great restaurant!

Aww cool!!! Tim will love it. He loves Chip and Dale!!!
I think it's cool how the restaurant rotates.

We really really like this place. And gotta love the worms in dirt dessert.....great childhood memories.

I guess I'll be in the minority here but we went about 3 years ago and did not like the food. No one liked the fish and the desert (forgot what it was) mostly went untouched. IMHO, you get a better meal at the Sunshine Seasons counter service restaurant in the same bldg. Unless you want to see the characters, I would not go. This is one we will not go back to.

Ask for the cranberry sauce on the side of the turkey unless you really like it. I thought the catfish was very good, but the flank steak not so much. The salad and potatoes were yummy. The dessert was good too but I can't remember anything about it other than I was thinking I should stop eating it because I was so full but didn't.:rotfl:

The characters and the neat rotating restaurant were one of the best parts of the meal. And I think because it is a pretty small restaurant you get more attention from the characters.

You should definitely give it a try.:thumbsup2

friends of ours raved about it -best meal they had on their WDW trip and said it was a must do.
I am hoping to get an early dinenr reservation the first night!

We ate their two weeks ago and it was a very enjoyable, relaxing meal for everyone. The kids liked their food, the adults all enjoyed what we got. We had no problems getting extra servings, they were really quick to bring them out. My older dd loved seeing the characters. We will definetly eat their on our next trip.

We are thinking of eating here prior to the Haloween Party. When it first opens? Nit sure yet. I have over a month to decide.
Lexi:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter