Galveston will they come back

No offense to DCL but they did it to themselves by choosing to sail out of Galveston during the school year. If they cruised out of Galveston during the summer it would have been a very different outcome. It shouldn't have been very difficult to research the TX school rules before deciding to come here and adjust accordingly.

I think DCL would pack the ships no matter where they cruised out of in the summer.

Mike

The thing about Houston is that everyone drives like a maniac and they all carry guns. :thumbsup2

Mike

Despite media portrayals to the contrary, we do NOT all drive like maniacs or carry guns. :furious: But we do hog-tie folks who talk smack about us! ;)

I'm so sorry I didn't mean to start a debate or mean thread. I just wanted opinions on Galveston. Sorry :-(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I doubt the Disney will cruise during active hurricane season in the Gulf being Aug ans Sept.

Despite media portrayals to the contrary, we do NOT all drive like maniacs or carry guns. :furious: But we do hog-tie folks who talk smack about us! ;)

I'll agree with that. If I had even been able to drive anywhere close to the speed limit or above 5mph I would have been thrilled. :cool1: You can't drive like a maniac when the rest of the highway has enough time to grill a burger before your car moves 5 inches. No reason I could see for the traffic either. It was a good thing I didn't have a gun. I would have shot out my own tires. Just to have a reason to be sitting there. pirate:

As for Galveston I'm not sure why so many people don't like it? There were tons of hotels on the island or in Texas City. We booked a hotel a little over a month before we sailed and had plenty of places to choose from in all different price ranges. The locals we met prior to the cruise and after were all friendly and nice.

Someone who just sailed out of Galveston on the last cruise out of that port talked to 2 different DCL cast members and they said Dis will be back and will cruise out of the new Bayport terminal.... Fingers crossed this is legit!!!!

Someone who just sailed out of Galveston on the last cruise out of that port talked to 2 different DCL cast members and they said Dis will be back and will cruise out of the new Bayport terminal.... Fingers crossed this is legit!!!!

I really hope that's true!! I really wanted to cruise with Disney but I missed them. :( We live about 4 hours away from Houston so I hope they come back!

I was on the last cruise out of Galveston and heard they also that they would be back to Texas but who knows if it is true. I do hope so

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If DCL comes back to Texas, or even NOLA, I will change our January 2015 cruise of of Miami and be thrilled! Just for us to fly to Miami is going to cost between 700-1200 when we could spend less than $100 to drive 3 hours to a Galveston or 5.5 to NOLA. Fingers crossed! (And thanks for all the friendly Texas comments! I didn't realize how friendly our state was until we moved to the NE and experienced culture shock!) Yes, we love our guns but we don't drive any worse than any other part of the country...DC traffic was the worst! ;)

I live in KS, and am also hoping Disney comes back to Galveston. I couldn't believe that people weren't taking advantage of the slashed prices when they were there before!

I live in KS, and am also hoping Disney comes back to Galveston. I couldn't believe that people weren't taking advantage of the slashed prices when they were there before!

Which would just point up why they had to slash the prices in the first place. And why they left Galveston. Many people aren't interested it cruising out of Galveston.

I'm hoping they return to Texas as well. I cruised DCL out of Galveston last February and my best friend who went with me, cruised again in November. That 3 hour drive to the port is so much better than having to fly to Florida for a cruise. I'd be happy with NOLA as well, still a short drive for us.

I would be very surprised if DCL returned to Galveston. Cruises were not selling & that's why they were slashing prices. They paid a penalty to pull the Wonder out early. That being said, we loved our cruise out of Galveston because we were living there at the time and were spoiled by a 1/2 full Magic.

I was on the last cruise out of Galveston and heard they also that they would be back to Texas but who knows if it is true. I do hope so Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Here's hoping they knew something we didn't for fall 2015!!! :) (I'm not holding my breath, though!)

We were on the spring break trip out of Galveston last year. The ship sure felt extremely full (I know it was sold out online), and the prices were not cheap (it was a "one time" trip - of course, once on board we ended up booking the trip that we will be taking this summer...). On the other hand, Palo was less crowded than I had expected, given how full the rest of the ship felt. Agree with everything everyone said about the horrible overlap with school schedules. I'm sure they'd sell out summer trips from Houston/Galveston, but I expect they're already selling out the trips during that time period from other locations.

We were on the spring break trip out of Galveston last year. The ship sure felt extremely full (I know it was sold out online), and the prices were not cheap (it was a "one time" trip - of course, once on board we ended up booking the trip that we will be taking this summer...). On the other hand, Palo was less crowded than I had expected, given how full the rest of the ship felt. Agree with everything everyone said about the horrible overlap with school schedules. I'm sure they'd sell out summer trips from Houston/Galveston, but I expect they're already selling out the trips during that time period from other locations.

Living only 2 hrs from Galveston, I'd be on the ship for sure if Disney sailed during the summer. The time frame was horrible for us.

Living only 2 hrs from Galveston, I'd be on the ship for sure if Disney sailed during the summer. The time frame was horrible for us.
During summer, they tend to send the ships to Alaska, Europe and places they can't cruise during the summer.

During summer, they tend to send the ships to Alaska, Europe and places they can't cruise during the summer.
I know that. ;). I was just saying it would be nice. Can't and won't take the kids out of school. Texas residents could face harsh penalties for that sort of thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter