1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Galveston will they come back

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mommy2allgirls, Nov 8, 2013.

1. MND

MND DIS Veteran

I think DCL would pack the ships no matter where they cruised out of in the summer.

Mike

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. fatfish

fatfish DIS Veteran

Despite media portrayals to the contrary, we do NOT all drive like maniacs or carry guns. :furious: But we do hog-tie folks who talk smack about us! ;)

4. mommy2allgirls

mommy2allgirls DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry I didn't mean to start a debate or mean thread. I just wanted opinions on Galveston. Sorry :-(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. bliscum

bliscum Mouseketeer

I doubt the Disney will cruise during active hurricane season in the Gulf being Aug ans Sept.

6. MND

MND DIS Veteran

They cruise out of Galveston, PCC, and Miami now.

7. Jey12

Jey12 DIS Veteran

I'll agree with that. If I had even been able to drive anywhere close to the speed limit or above 5mph I would have been thrilled. :cool1: You can't drive like a maniac when the rest of the highway has enough time to grill a burger before your car moves 5 inches. No reason I could see for the traffic either. It was a good thing I didn't have a gun. I would have shot out my own tires. Just to have a reason to be sitting there. pirate:

As for Galveston I'm not sure why so many people don't like it? There were tons of hotels on the island or in Texas City. We booked a hotel a little over a month before we sailed and had plenty of places to choose from in all different price ranges. The locals we met prior to the cruise and after were all friendly and nice.

8. tgch123

tgch123 Mouseketeer

Someone who just sailed out of Galveston on the last cruise out of that port talked to 2 different DCL cast members and they said Dis will be back and will cruise out of the new Bayport terminal.... Fingers crossed this is legit!!!!

9. lyna89

lyna89 Earning My Ears

I really hope that's true!! I really wanted to cruise with Disney but I missed them. :( We live about 4 hours away from Houston so I hope they come back!

10. mommy2allgirls

mommy2allgirls DIS Veteran

I was on the last cruise out of Galveston and heard they also that they would be back to Texas but who knows if it is true. I do hope so

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

11. Parkerpirates

Parkerpirates Mouseketeer

If DCL comes back to Texas, or even NOLA, I will change our January 2015 cruise of of Miami and be thrilled! Just for us to fly to Miami is going to cost between 700-1200 when we could spend less than $100 to drive 3 hours to a Galveston or 5.5 to NOLA. Fingers crossed! (And thanks for all the friendly Texas comments! I didn't realize how friendly our state was until we moved to the NE and experienced culture shock!) Yes, we love our guns but we don't drive any worse than any other part of the country...DC traffic was the worst! ;)

12. JsMom2

JsMom2 DIS Veteran

I live in KS, and am also hoping Disney comes back to Galveston. I couldn't believe that people weren't taking advantage of the slashed prices when they were there before!

13. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Which would just point up why they had to slash the prices in the first place. And why they left Galveston. Many people aren't interested it cruising out of Galveston.

14. mstee777

mstee777 Mouseketeer

I'm hoping they return to Texas as well. I cruised DCL out of Galveston last February and my best friend who went with me, cruised again in November. That 3 hour drive to the port is so much better than having to fly to Florida for a cruise. I'd be happy with NOLA as well, still a short drive for us.

15. Imedley200

Imedley200 Mouseketeer

I would be very surprised if DCL returned to Galveston. Cruises were not selling & that's why they were slashing prices. They paid a penalty to pull the Wonder out early. That being said, we loved our cruise out of Galveston because we were living there at the time and were spoiled by a 1/2 full Magic.

16. Parkerpirates

Parkerpirates Mouseketeer

Here's hoping they knew something we didn't for fall 2015!!! :) (I'm not holding my breath, though!)

17. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

We heard that they would be returning as well on a couple different DCL Galveston cruises.

18. Keyser

Keyser Mouseketeer

We were on the spring break trip out of Galveston last year. The ship sure felt extremely full (I know it was sold out online), and the prices were not cheap (it was a "one time" trip - of course, once on board we ended up booking the trip that we will be taking this summer...). On the other hand, Palo was less crowded than I had expected, given how full the rest of the ship felt. Agree with everything everyone said about the horrible overlap with school schedules. I'm sure they'd sell out summer trips from Houston/Galveston, but I expect they're already selling out the trips during that time period from other locations.

19. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

Living only 2 hrs from Galveston, I'd be on the ship for sure if Disney sailed during the summer. The time frame was horrible for us.

20. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

During summer, they tend to send the ships to Alaska, Europe and places they can't cruise during the summer.

21. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

I know that. ;). I was just saying it would be nice. Can't and won't take the kids out of school. Texas residents could face harsh penalties for that sort of thing.