• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Galveston 04/06/13 Caribbean Cruise

The countdown has officially begun! In exactly 30 days we will depart Del Rio to connect with family in Spring and begin our MAGICal vacation. I am so excited! However, have lots to do before we go. The good thing is all our FE gifts are done:)

The countdown has officially begun! In exactly 30 days we will depart Del Rio to connect with family in Spring and begin our MAGICal vacation. I am so excited! However, have lots to do before we go. The good thing is all our FE gifts are done:)

You are right! 30 days and we leave town as well! So exciting! I have to tell you I am very impressed you are completely done with you FE's. I am getting close, but I still have a few things to do then separate them out and tag them! You are adhead of the game! :cool1:
See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have thoughts on meeting up the first night? Where (not so crowded) and a good time ( let everyone get in and settled)
Ideas?!

Hi Everyone!! I can't wait to meet y'all next month! I'm working on our FE and have a question- I know there's a hook to hang it on outside of our room, but if we want to use a dowel rod, how long or short should it be? If we don't use the rod, what are some other ways to hang it so it stays up?? I bought the pocket chart from IKEA and am re-doing it to make it more Disneyish :)

Hi Everyone!! I can't wait to meet y'all next month! I'm working on our FE and have a question- I know there's a hook to hang it on outside of our room, but if we want to use a dowel rod, how long or short should it be? If we don't use the rod, what are some other ways to hang it so it stays up?? I bought the pocket chart from IKEA and am re-doing it to make it more Disneyish :)

Hey girl, I am not really sure how long the dowel rod should be, but I think the rod creates stability as things are placed into your extender, It helps your extender from just collapsing in on itself. This is just my thoughts as I have never made one :lmao: I ordered mine online. :rolleyes1
But I found a thread that may help you out.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47214452

I am excited to see how it turns out!!

Mageemommy said:
Hey girl, I am not really sure how long the dowel rod should be, but I think the rod creates stability as things are placed into your extender, It helps your extender from just collapsing in on itself. This is just my thoughts as I have never made one :lmao: I ordered mine online. :rolleyes1
But I found a thread that may help you out.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47214452

I am excited to see how it turns out!!

When I made mine I cut the dowels 8-9 inches. My understanding not a lot of width room where they hang. Looking forward to seeing everyone's finished FE's.

When I made mine I cut the dowels 8-9 inches. My understanding not a lot of width room where they hang. Looking forward to seeing everyone's finished FE's.

I think that's about right. I ordered mine too :rotfl2: , and it's 9 inches wide.

As far as meeting up, the Promenade Lounge on deck 3 is a good place. We'll be getting there early so anytime is fine with us. They open up the rooms at 1:30 and the safety meeting is at 4 (I think??). What time is everyone else getting in?

Maybe we should ask on the fb page. I almost didn't check here for new messages! Love the fb page!

I think that's about right. I ordered mine too :rotfl2: , and it's 9 inches wide.

As far as meeting up, the Promenade Lounge on deck 3 is a good place. We'll be getting there early so anytime is fine with us. They open up the rooms at 1:30 and the safety meeting is at 4 (I think??). What time is everyone else getting in?

Maybe we should ask on the fb page. I almost didn't check here for new messages! Love the fb page!

I did forget to ask fb, haha. I will though! My check in time is 1130.

I responded on FB bit our port time is 11:30 also and we have second seating. So just let me k ow time and I will have my group there.

Hi! I am brand new to DISboards and new to cruising as well. I haven't gotten through all 20-some-odd pages in this thread, but just wanted to say hi.

My name is Christine & my husband is Armando. We'll be sailing with you all on Magic April 6th-13th with my parents and our two boys, Gabriel (almost 4) and Isaac (almost 2).

Nice to "meet" you all!

*I requested to join the FB group as well.

I'm asking here and on FB as well...

Any other 12 year old girls? Or close to that? My daughter is 12 (or will be by the time we cruise) and we were just wondering if there would be any other girls her age?

Can't wait!!!

armandosgirl said:
Hi! I am brand new to DISboards and new to cruising as well. I haven't gotten through all 20-some-odd pages in this thread, but just wanted to say hi.

My name is Christine & my husband is Armando. We'll be sailing with you all on Magic April 6th-13th with my parents and our two boys, Gabriel (almost 4) and Isaac (almost 2).

Nice to "meet" you all!

*I requested to join the FB group as well.

Welcome, we are an excited group! Everyone is more than happy to answer questions that you may have also. I am a newbie but we have seasoned cruisers on board that will help. Look forward to meeting you.

dramadeb said:
I'm asking here and on FB as well...

Any other 12 year old girls? Or close to that? My daughter is 12 (or will be by the time we cruise) and we were just wondering if there would be any other girls her age?

Can't wait!!!

In looking over the complete FEList it looks like about 3-6 girls in the age range. Hopefully, they will all get to meet at the Dis meet on board. I hope so cruising with 4 yr old granddaughter and I am anxious for her to meet the others. Makes for special memories.

We are traveling with 3 of our grandchildren, their parents, and my mother on this cruise. I just found this thread. I am so sorry I missed the deadline to join the fish-group, but it is going to be so much fun looking for the people who are playing. We are so very excited about this cruise - our first one - and even more excited that there seems to be such a "happy" group of people coming along. :cheer2:

We are traveling with 3 of our grandchildren, their parents, and my mother on this cruise. I just found this thread. I am so sorry I missed the deadline to join the fish-group, but it is going to be so much fun looking for the people who are playing. We are so very excited about this cruise - our first one - and even more excited that there seems to be such a "happy" group of people coming along. :cheer2:

We so very excited to have your family sail with us! Not too much longer!! We are doing a meet-up for all the people of the DISboards and FB on the first day of the cruise. We are planning to meet at 5:00 (or right after the sail away party) on the 3rd deck in the promenade lounge! We would love to meet all of you!!
Mikka:)

It is beginning to look like a party in here and on our FB page. For those who have Facebook, check it out. I just looked and we leave our home in 23 days!!!! We are all going to have a blast. Look forward to seeing everyone at our meet and greet.

Hi guys,
Only just found this thread.
We will also be joining you on the 6th April.
We are me (Amanda 38) Neil(DH 40) Alfie and Freya (dd &ds 5)
We are from England and arrive in Texas onnthe 29th march. We will be spending some time with friends in Dallas then travelling down to Galveston for the sailing.
Hardly organised anything yet and starting to panic. Would really appreciate some advice from you guys about car Hire parking and hotels.
We fly in and out of Houston IAH.
What do you recommend??
Really excited and the kids are really excited about clubs and shows.
See you all really soon
Amanda

Hi guys,
We are from England and arrive in Texas onnthe 29th march. We will be spending some time with friends in Dallas then travelling down to Galveston for the sailing.
Hardly organised anything yet and starting to panic. Would really appreciate some advice from you guys about car Hire parking and hotels.
What do you recommend??
See you all really soon
Amanda

Welcome!! We are excited to meet you guys. It won't be long. Hope you guys can join us for the meet on the first day :yay:

Hi guys,
What do you recommend??
See you all really soon
Amanda

Hi Amanda and welcome!

I don't know much about transportation... I know you can set it up so that the Disney bus picks you up at IAH and takes you to the port, so your best bet might be to stay at a hotel near the airport the night before. It looks like there is a Marriott right on the airport grounds. I don't know anything about that particular Marriott, but as a general rule hotels on airport grounds are safe, clean, good customer service etc because they want business travelers to come back. That being said, you'll pay a bit more.

There is also a service called Super Shuttle. Again, I haven't used them at IAH, but I've used them in Dallas and Austin to get back and forth to the airport and have always been happy with the service. It looks like they do transfers from IAH to the cruise terminals. You could either stay at a hotel near the airport and use them Saturday morning, or use them Friday to take you to a hotel near the cruise terminal in Galveston. No idea what it would cost, but you could call them at least to get a comparison rate to the DCL transportation. The forum says I don't have enough posts to post a link, but you can google "Super Shuttle" and "IAH" and find their website.

If you were thinking about renting a car, it is about an hour and 15 minute drive from IAH to Galveston. We are driving in from San Antonio on Friday and are staying at a Comfort Inn in Texas City, which is about 20 minutes from the port. Hotels.com gave us a rate of $80.75 for the night. My parents are driving in from Dallas and staying there too and my dad is going to talk to the hotel and negotiate leaving their car at the hotel for the week for either a small fee or agree to stay there on the Friday we get back.

Hope that helps!

Great thanks, I'll look in to your suggestions.
We've never cruised before so have no idea what to expect.
When and where is the meet on the first day?
What kind of weather should we expect?
We've got a cabin on deck 5 right bat the front..... Hope we won't be feeling all the motion!!!
Not long yippee x

Hi guys,
What do you recommend??
See you all really soon
Amanda

Hi Amanda,

We are a Brit family on this cruise, my husband, son who is nearly 4 & I live in Dubai and fly into IAH on the 4th April. We are getting the return Disney transfers down to the port. We are staying at springhill suites by Marriott which is 5 mins or so from the airport and they provide a free airport shuttle.

Have a safe trip and see you on the cruise.

Take care,

Sam :dance3::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter