Gaga bribes Target into stopping their support for anti-gay causes!

... add that she said a lot of sheet that
did not even make sense. Just rambling.
Gaga garbage. :rolleyes:

OMG! :rotfl: First of all she is like 25 ...
and secondly did you read her Vanity Fair interview
:eek: the woman is unintelligible. Rambling. Vacuous.
3 cutlets short of a whole meat dress!

Yes, that is much my reaction as well. But, in his defense he is 18 and thus her being about 25 means that she MUST know more than those of us who have lived longer and spend both our work and volunteer lives helping teens figure out the world and their place within it. (I do usually talk him around to agreeing that I'm right and that he needs more logic, but, it's funny sometimes from the outside -- one of our recent conversations involved him being angry at someone for not calling him when he has changed his phone number and not given out the new one.)

I also suspect that unintelligible, rambling, vacuous responses would appeal to him.

You are so going to be shark food on our beach trip.

shark_fast.gif
love-1.gif
swimming_shark_animated_gif.gif

What - Lil' me - What did I do?

In that interview she claimed that she is the greatest song writer and singer of this generation and in a seperate interview she stated that her new album is the album of the decade. I'll let you decide...

Well, the decade is only a year old, so she's right so far ;)

As for the greatest songwriter/singer of the generation...she's probably the only person in the past 10-15 years who is both so she's technically right there too :rotfl:

I was LOL'ing so hard the other day, because on the radio people were talking about how excited they were that Britany Spears actually helped co-write some of the music on her new album :rotfl2:

I like her. I like her music. I don't really care about how she goes at it, who's bandwagon she jumps on. I just listen to the music.

But the one cool thing about her is that here in Dallas, there's a country western bar called Round Up Saloon. She use to perform there yearly, way back before she was famous. The last time she was in town performing, she went to the bar that night to see the owners and chat with people. She wasn't a diva. She let anyone come up and talk, take pics, etc. We were there. Very cool.

She's in Dallas again last night performing, but Sunday night she made another surprise appearance at the Round Up and performed on the dance floor her new single. Not many big stars like that would do what she did. I had many friends there. So ticked off that we didn't go out Sunday night like we were planning.

Great - just have him read some of Jamie's post on here then -
He should adore them. :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I have to say, he'd likely enjoy many of yours too.

But the one cool thing about her is that here in Dallas, there's a country western bar called Round Up Saloon. She use to perform there yearly, way back before she was famous. The last time she was in town performing, she went to the bar that night to see the owners and chat with people. She wasn't a diva. She let anyone come up and talk, take pics, etc. We were there. Very cool.

That is cool. To date myself, when I was a teenager I had a friend who used to hang out in a specific small amateur performance bar/club. He used to go on and on about "this great group" and tried to get us all to buy their "album" which they had recorded themselves in a garage.

Fast forward a few years and they were touring internationally and those, like myself (of course I couldn't legally get into the bar) who had passed on the idea of becoming friends with the band realized we'd missed out on an opportunity...The Bare Naked Ladies.

Well, the decade is only a year old, so she's right so far ;)

As for the greatest songwriter/singer of the generation...she's probably the only person in the past 10-15 years who is both so she's technically right there too :rotfl:

The album hasn't even come out yet and you are already declaring it to be the best yet of this decade? This doesn't exactly disprove the theory that her "little monsters" blindly worship everything she does.

And let's get real, she's not the best singer/songwriter of the last 10-15 years. Her lyrics are about getting drunk and going out in the club. Her "live" voice is nothing impressive either. I saw a few youtube videos of her tour performances and I cringed.

Wow, is every post negative? Sheesh....

I saw her live and the performance was amazing. Incredible vocals. I wouldn't try judging someone off of a crappy quality youtube video. I'm not one of those "blind little monsters" that thinks she can do no wrong. I like her and I like her music. One of the better concerts I've seen and I see quite a few each year of mainly big artists.

Wow, is every post negative? Sheesh....

I think that depends on if you think she's GagaGreat
Or if you think she's GagaGagMe.

But actually give her popularity with the masses these days -
I have been shocked that we (the unmonsters) have not gotten a beat down yet.
I was fully expecting one. :confused3

I think that depends on if you think she's GagaGreat
Or if you think she's GagaGagMe.

But actually give her popularity with the masses these days -
I have been shocked that we (the unmonsters) have not gotten a beat down yet.
I was fully expecting one. :confused3

It's strange. When there's something in our society, whether a famous singer, tv show, movie, etc and you see the masses jumping on the bandwagon, you see people either loving or hating that particular thing. There's no middle ground. Anything else you'll see the wide spectrum. Take Glee for example. I absolutely LOVE the show. Sure, it has it's ups and downs, but I can't wait for Tuesdays to see the show. I own the DVD's and I also downloaded every single song so far. But it's a show that people either love or hate. One extreem or the other. LOL Same goes for Gaga. I'm not a rabid monster fan, but I do like her a lot. Now when it comes to George Michael, then I'm a rabid fan. :)

Now when it comes to George Michael, then I'm a rabid fan. :)

For me - janet jackson, cyndi lauper, B52s, annie lennox, sade, grace jones, bowie, ... to mention a few.

I won't restate my issues with the Ga - I just don't feel she's the real deal.
Some of her more poppy stuff I have enjoyed for what they were -
I'm just not buying the whole thing - her "gestalt" hook line and sinker.

For me - janet jackson, cyndi lauper, B52s, annie lennox, sade, grace jones, bowie, ... to mention a few.

I won't restate my issues with the Ga - I just don't feel she's the real deal.
Some of her more poppy stuff I have enjoyed for what they were -
I'm just not buying the whole thing - her "gestalt" hook line and sinker.

Naw and I totally get that. :) There's motives behind what every artist does.

Naw and I totally get that. :) There's motives behind what every artist does.

And marketing and packaging and spin - Massive amounts of all.
That's what I fine most fascinating about her.

And who is the granddaddy of marketing - DISNEY.
They are genius at it - just bril!

And marketing and packaging and spin - Massive amounts of all.
That's what I fine most fascinating about her.

And who is the granddaddy of marketing - DISNEY.
They are genius at it - just bril!

Oh totally. They got me hooked. LOL

It's strange. When there's something in our society, whether a famous singer, tv show, movie, etc and you see the masses jumping on the bandwagon, you see people either loving or hating that particular thing. There's no middle ground. Anything else you'll see the wide spectrum.

I agree with this, although I'd argue that many people do this for just about everything.

I get boggled by the number of people who see everything in extremes. Liking something, but, understanding that others don't, or not liking something, but, understanding that others do seems like an important maturational step to me. (I spend a lot of time working on the concept with the 14-17 year olds I work with...and lately I've been working on it with 12-13 year olds as well.)

I agree with this, although I'd argue that many people do this for just about everything.

I get boggled by the number of people who see everything in extremes. Liking something, but, understanding that others don't, or not liking something, but, understanding that others do seems like an important maturational step to me. (I spend a lot of time working on the concept with the 14-17 year olds I work with...and lately I've been working on it with 12-13 year olds as well.)

Couldn't agree with you more. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter