Gabby Petito

And if they went out they would have been like "how dare they go out and act like nothing happened"

**Truth I'm not really fans of his parents, I've had my comments in the past on this thread about if they knew some information, etc and all but yeah I totally agree with you slow news if that's the minutiae that is being focused on.

Now they need to find out what they ordered. If it was three burgers, they’re hiding him in the basement!!

OMG -- "Dog" found a monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 608651
This plane spent the afternoon circling the island Dog believes Brian is hiding out on.
View attachment 608653
“Aloha Brian Laundrie —Dog”

This is certainly more entertaining than the FBI’s method. :rotfl:
Just wanted to say ... I guess it was a slow news day.. they are talking about his parents ordering Door dash - Dunkin saying they are acting like nothing is going on. (because they ordered)
This is plain stupid !!
What a circus! 🐶

I understand all of that, but then where does that leave us when all these people are out there crying "The Moab PD dropped the ball! They should have seen the signs! Gabby was a victim!"

What else can be done then, when the victims won't admit the truth to the people who can actually help them? Why all this outcry about how cops need better training if their efforts will be fruitless because victims won't ever admit to being victims?
I really haven't seen many here say the Moab police dropped the ball. I have said I don't know what anyone could have expected on the side of the road in a short period of time. It's so hard to watch knowing they were right there with people who could help, but I honestly don't know that they could have done much with what they had.

The first thing you (the universal you, not the Moab PD) need to do is to not write them off for not "admitting the truth" and understand maybe they just aren't ready to admit the truth yet.

Well, just to throw a wrench at you, the WORST of these relationships I witnessed (this couple lived with us for 4 months once), it was the WIFE who was the worse physical abuser AND the one who had more money in the end. The husband was a retired Marine, and she was former Army. She started training heavily when she joined the LA County Sheriffs Academy. At that point, her husband was literally paying the trainer who was helping her get stronger so she could beat him worse. She eventually walked out on him and their young kids, saying she was "done being a mother" and a judge ruled that she could have no unsupervised contact with her kids due to abuse they had endured. She got zero custody consideration. The husband moved away out if state with the kids. The ex wife has been paying child and spousal support for several years. She is currently an LA County Sheriff's Deputy. She spends all her time badmouthing her ex on FB, claiming that she is the victim in ALL of this, and that her ex is a narcissist, manipulator who lied to everyone just to ruin her life. Meanwhile, we literally witnessed HER getting physical with him on more than one occasion, and while we never saw him lay a hand on her, he admitted that they often got into physical arguments in private. How is that for messed up?
Nobody doubts that happens. Just that it isn't the majority of cases.

I've seen that their net worth is about 5 million. And remember, a lot of self made millionaires live very modest lives. Their house isn't some tiny shack or anything. It's a decent home with a nice yard and pool.
Unless the parents kept a pile of cash in a safe, I would hope the authorities know by now if they availed themselves of any of that net worth in the past month or so.

Yes, part of it is accurate. At first it was claimed that there were two trips, but apparently there was only one on Sept 6-8. According to Fox, the family camped there in campsite #1, and there are supposedly people reporting that they think they saw the truck/camper there.

Three weeks ago, in a public state park campsite with hundreds of campsites -- on Labor Day weekend.

But again, look at it on Google Earth and see if you would pick that park for a hideout.

Here's the map of the campground -- 236 campsites. They were in campsite #1, highlighted in yellow and right on the beach in the middle of everything. Sept 6, their arrival date, was Labor Day. Their reservation would have to have been many months in advance.

View attachment 608630

As Jim said, Fort deSoto isn't the kind of place anyone could hide out in for more than a day, as it is dead flat and the parts that are not beach are mostly waterway. I go there often, and there are only 2 places that anyone could hide: inside the fort itself, which might work except that is fully open for tourists to explore around in every day, and in the mangrove cuts, which would be workable only you were only using them to stash a kayak for a getaway; otherwise that's only waterway, so you'd have to hide either in a tree or underwater. The road entrance to Ft. deSoto is gated and there is an admission fee to get in; rangers get very close eyes on your vehicle coming and going. The same goes for Egmont Key, which is flat and has a lot of visitors, but is most notable for what it does NOT have: fresh water.

He's not hiding out in Ft. deSoto; that is, as our UK friends like to say, "a non-starter." What *could* have happened is that the parents left him there to make his own way out on foot, with a stolen bike or kayak, or even on the public bus line, with the intention of having him leave town from Tampa, where he would not be as conspicuous.

I've been to Fort Desoto park and I don't think I could manage to hide from my 4 year old for more than a few hours. It would be like trying to hide on a perfectly flat wind-swept prairie in Kansas.

I strongly encourage you to do more research about abuse and why those that are abused lie to cover for their abusers. Not to say at all that this is the case here, because I have no idea, but there are many many reasons why the abused don't speak up. Not being believed is one of them. Financial requirements. Kids. Blaming themselves. Thinking it will get better. etc, etc etc. I honestly implore you to do more research into this for your own understanding.

I've heard all the reason and frankly they are just excuses. If you don't speak up and report the crime you can't expect the police to magically solve it. Whether it is not reporting abuse, sexual assault, or a theft. Imaging having your car stolen, the police asking if your call was stolen, you telling them no, it wasn't, and then wondering why the police never bothered to try and find your car or the thief when you complain about it a decade later. That would be ridiculous.

At the end of the day there was a length police investigation, by trained professionals, that gave both parties the opportunity to say exactly what happened, interviewed a witness, and came to a conclusion.

But I'm not interested in debating this any longer so we can just agree to disagree.

Unless the parents kept a pile of cash in a safe, I would hope the authorities know by now if they availed themselves of any of that net worth in the past month or so.

They don't have to have actually transferred money to anyone yet. It could have been an agreement with payment to come later.

They left already didn't they?
Yes. Supposedly picking up a few of Brian's personal items "to help the K-9's search for Brian," according to the family attorney.

"Nothing to see here, Johnny. Move along."

Last edited:
Yes. Supposedly picking up a few of Brian's personal items "to help the K-9's search for Brian," according to the family attorney.

"Nothing to see here, Johnny. Move along."
Yeah, but this time they looked inside the camper. Presumably, because I posted this yesterday:

Has anyone notified the FBI to tell them they should check that camper in the Laundries’ driveway? Brian could be sitting in there eating peanut butter crackers his parents slip under the door every time they go out to mow the lawn. :rolleyes:
Thanks to whoever called it in! :laughing:

Yes, part of it is accurate. At first it was claimed that there were two trips, but apparently there was only one on Sept 6-8. According to Fox, the family camped there in campsite #1, and there are supposedly people reporting that they think they saw the truck/camper there.

Three weeks ago, in a public state park campsite with hundreds of campsites -- on Labor Day weekend.

But again, look at it on Google Earth and see if you would pick that park for a hideout.

Here's the map of the campground -- 236 campsites. They were in campsite #1, highlighted in yellow and right on the beach in the middle of everything. Sept 6, their arrival date, was Labor Day. Their reservation would have to have been many months in advance.

View attachment 608630

Is it fully confirmed that Brian left with his parents and didn't return? For instance, could his parents have went on the
camping trip, making sure they were seen and then returned home but Brian was never with them? Or, maybe he is still
in the camper in the driveway LOL (Kidding about that).

Could Brian have left the country before reporting Gabby missing? Maybe the FBI know this but keeping it
quite so not to tip him off and looking for him? I'm just asking since trying to catch up with the story.

Thank you.

He killed her. She’s dead.
I really haven't seen many here say the Moab police dropped the ball. I have said I don't know what anyone could have expected on the side of the road in a short period of time. It's so hard to watch knowing they were right there with people who could help, but I honestly don't know that they could have done much with what they had.

The first thing you (the universal you, not the Moab PD) need to do is to not write them off for not "admitting the truth" and understand maybe they just aren't ready to admit the truth yet.

I think the Moab police dropped the ball. They got a DV call, clearly established that there had been physical contact and conflict that had been escalating for days.

Then they sent the couple off in a van to be isolated together some more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter