GA resident discount?

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by IncredibleboysMom, Aug 10, 2009.

1. IncredibleboysMom

IncredibleboysMom DIS Veteran

I was over on the restaurant board and the interactive banner at the top of the page said something like "Georgia residents get this deal before it disappears..." and then said select moderate resorts for up to 36% off. When I click on the ad, it takes me to a blank disneyworld.com page, and it's not listed under special offers, only FL residents.

Any thoughts?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. momto2GAgirls

momto2GAgirls Mouseketeer

I saw the same thing...given the fact that I live in GA, I am very curious as to what it means????:confused3

4. marcielm

marcielm DIS Veteran

I'm not sure... I can't find a GA code listing on the site... just the FL resident like you've seen.

All I can think is it is a teaser for the GA people to click & see. There is the room discount, as well as the free dining, which might save you "up to 36%" on a moderate.

5. marcielm

marcielm DIS Veteran

I don't know if you ever found this or not, but there is a GA resident room-only discount available now!

6. IncredibleboysMom

IncredibleboysMom DIS Veteran

Where? Didn't see it on the special offers page.

7. BrianD

BrianD DIS Veteran

It is an actual "new" offer, but it is nothing that isn't already available to the general public. Maybe there are more rooms that were made available? But basically it is for August through first weekend of October, and the discounts run about 30% to 40% off depending on the room category.

8. marcielm

marcielm DIS Veteran

Thanks BrianD. I'm not sure where on the offers page it might come up, and it similar to the current offers for Aug-early Oct. I found it on the room-only section of the TA site.

A standard room at a value is about $64/night
    A standard room at a moderate is about $94/night
    A standard at AKL is $144/night
    A studio at Saratoga is $164/night

9. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

They had the GA discount last year too. Or maybe it was the year before?

10. DisneyDadNY

DisneyDadNY <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Try this link:
    http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=gafy09augsept&market=gafy09augsept

11. LaughingGravy

LaughingGravy Earning My Ears

Hey, where's my NJ discount?

:rotfl2:

12. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

This is from MouseSavers:

"Florida Neighbors" Rates - AL, GA, SC and NC Resident Discount Codes

Discounts for states neighboring Florida were offered for a couple of years after 9/11, because of a downturn in travel. No doubt due to the current economic situation, they reappeared in Fall 2008.

No "Florida Neighbors" discounts are currently being offered, but they may come back, so watch this space!