GA resident discount?

IncredibleboysMom

DIS Veteran
I was over on the restaurant board and the interactive banner at the top of the page said something like "Georgia residents get this deal before it disappears..." and then said select moderate resorts for up to 36% off. When I click on the ad, it takes me to a blank disneyworld.com page, and it's not listed under special offers, only FL residents.

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure... I can't find a GA code listing on the site... just the FL resident like you've seen.

All I can think is it is a teaser for the GA people to click & see. There is the room discount, as well as the free dining, which might save you "up to 36%" on a moderate.

I don't know if you ever found this or not, but there is a GA resident room-only discount available now!

It is an actual "new" offer, but it is nothing that isn't already available to the general public. Maybe there are more rooms that were made available? But basically it is for August through first weekend of October, and the discounts run about 30% to 40% off depending on the room category.

Thanks BrianD. I'm not sure where on the offers page it might come up, and it similar to the current offers for Aug-early Oct. I found it on the room-only section of the TA site.

A standard room at a value is about $64/night
A standard room at a moderate is about $94/night
A standard at AKL is $144/night
A studio at Saratoga is $164/night

They had the GA discount last year too. Or maybe it was the year before?

I was over on the restaurant board and the interactive banner at the top of the page said something like "Georgia residents get this deal before it disappears..." and then said select moderate resorts for up to 36% off. When I click on the ad, it takes me to a blank disneyworld.com page, and it's not listed under special offers, only FL residents.

Any thoughts?

Try this link:
http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=gafy09augsept&market=gafy09augsept

This is from MouseSavers:

"Florida Neighbors" Rates - AL, GA, SC and NC Resident Discount Codes

Discounts for states neighboring Florida were offered for a couple of years after 9/11, because of a downturn in travel. No doubt due to the current economic situation, they reappeared in Fall 2008.

No "Florida Neighbors" discounts are currently being offered, but they may come back, so watch this space!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter