• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Funny problem on CoP

DisneyWorldWisher

DIS Veteran
When we were on CoP in MK on 9/25 for some reason the ride stopped at the end of the scene and the CM came on and said 'Sorry for the problem! The ride will restart shortly'. And then the entire scene repeated! About a 7 minute long scene just repeated itself. :rotfl:

Did this ever happen to you?

Yes, in June of 05 we sat through the same scene like 6 times. DD says she never wants to ride that ride again and hates hearing the song because of that. The first few times everyone was laughing and joking about it but then it was like we were in a torture chamber. I know the rest of the day someone in my family would just start singing It's a great big beautiful tommorow without meaning to.

I believe this happens when some one opens an exit [emergency door]. If it is a true emergency, and the ride needs to be evacuated, this safety feature will prevent the carousel from turning as guests depart.

Yes, this has happened, except we must have seen the opening scene, the one where the show is introduced, about 5 times. LoL. :lmao:

Something that was actually funny a few weeks ago, Grandma's game skipped ahead about 30 seconds, so she was still playing even though the video had finished playing.

WE never repeated a scene but one time (can't remember what year) we went backwards :lmao:

We were there on 9/19 and had to repeat a scene. When the CM came over the loudspeaker, it was so loud, it made me jump. I swear, I bet she came on about 6 or 7 times telling us to remain seated and we would continue shortly. I didn't mind it too much; CoP is one of my favorites, but I really think the CM was screaming into her microphone it was so loud.

I saw the second scene at least 4 times one day about 5 years ago. By the third time, most of the audience was reciting the dialog!!

That happened to us once too! Isn't it amazing how that song gets in your head and will not leave!

OH my gosh! This happened to us in July and we thought we were gonna go crazy! :eek: lol. Everyone thought it was funny the first two times the scene repeated, by the end of that everyone was pulling their hair! It's one of those attractions that are fine and dandy to go on one time around, but no more than that!

I have two funny CoP stories:

In June 2004, my mom and I were caught in a (surprise) rain storm. The CMs opened up CoP for guests to sit in, and it didn't move; however, we had to hear the music from the last scene and the narrator say, "Please gather your belongings...have a great, big beautiful day!" over, and over, and over....I already know all the words to There's A Great Big, Beautiful Tomorrow, but I was tired of hearing it, and being the only one singing, so I sang loudly, and pretty soon the rest of the people in there could handle the chorus. Making the best out of a bad situation :thumbsup2

This past July my brother and I rode CoP and the 2nd and 3rd scenes had no music. For example, all the dialog, and John singing the words to the song, but no instrumental music at all. It was kind of creepy just hearing him sing. Also, it made me realize how the background music during the scenes affects the experience. It was very interesting. Afterward, I told the CM outside, "Uh, the music on scenes 2 and 3 isn't playing, just the dialog," to which she said, "You're kidding." Uh, no, I'm not. She ran to get the other CM.

Happened to us about 2 years ago. We sat through the same scene at least 4 times! The CM kept saying for people to stay in their seats or the ride couldn't go on. No one in our room was standing up so we thought maybe some kids were messing around in one of the other rooms. It was awful! I'm pretty certain we will never do CoP again!

Actually, that happened to my friend and I today. She'd never seen the show before and we wanted to get in from the rain. When it was time for scene two to move along, it just repeated itself. Strange, but the rest of the show went along smoothly.

Be glad you only had to sit through it twice! :) The second time is a fun fluke. After that, it starts getting annoying.

CoP is our favorite attraction because of a similar experience. We watched the 1st scene about 6 times before they finally ushered us out of the theatre. However, we got lucky and had some college students in the theatre with us. They were a great bunch of kids. They got us all doing the wave. They sang songs. They spread some of that Disney magic and made something that could have been horrible into a funny, happy memory. Even the young kids weren't acting up because these college kids took the stress out of the situation.

This past summer we got stuck in between two scenes! It was fine while they were singing the song but it was crazy to hear the dialogue from both scenes. Fortunately, we were only stuck once through and then moved onto the next scene.

We rode it for a break one day and got stuck on the same scene for about 3 repeats. Let's just say I havent wanted to get off of a break as bad as then.

It happened to us in August. It was the 50's style scene. We ended up sitting through it twice. I wanted to slap the family sitting 2 rows infront of us - they talked through the entire scene the first time, and when it was ending I asked them to can it so I could hear it the second time around. The mom looked kind of p.o.'d but I must have looked fiercer, so she shut the heck up.

I think they need to reset the system when someone exits through the doors. Until it is reset, it will keep on repeating.

This happened to us a couple of days ago and the girl CM was sooooo loud when she came on the speaker. She was pretty cranky, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter