Funniest Storys From 50's Primetime Cafe

When we there last October, I had received a text from our dogsitter, so I checked it just do be sure nothing was wrong. Our server caught me just as he was serving dessert. He refused to give me mine until I stood up to the entire table (and there-by the entire area we were sitting in) and apologized for messing around with my "new-fanlged phone machine".

Everyone got a good laugh out of it!

We've been there a few times with varying levels of interaction. It really does depend on how you present your party. For example, I went with my father-in-law, mother-in-law, and an aunt-in-law. None of them really wanted to be there (maybe my father-in-law but the other two ladies were NOT into it). We were totally left alone. And once I was miserable because it was summer and I was in a neck brace so my husband and I were left alone.

However, there have been times when we've been in great spirits and it does show. We were there with a vegetarian friend from Utah. "Mom" asked us where we were all from and when my friend mentioned her state, "Mom" sat down and whispered that she once got a speeding ticket in Utah and didn't pay it so we wouldn't tattle on her would we? Then when we gave our orders, my friend ordered the turkey sandwich without the turkey. "Mom" did a double take, we explain the vegetarianism so "Mom" rattled off three or four veggie choices that were not on the menu. That was nice.

Our last trip, I was scolded by a different server because I was looking over at a couple at the next table and I was told not to stare. I've been called a princess for ordering a margarita. Another time, another friend was made to wear a bib because he spilled his milkshake (his two elementary age girls LOVED that).

And the absolute best was when a little boy asked a server for directions to the bathroom. I can't remember the exact words but it was to basically go out the front door, turn right, go down Hollywood Boulevard, out the front gates, take the boat over to Epcot and they should have some there. The look on the boy's face was priceless. Then the server said "or, you can just go down the hall."

We've had some ho hum servers and some great ones. Our favorite had to be uncle Tim, big bouncer type guy. WE had poor guy rolling on floor by end of our meal. I don't even remeber what we said/did but iut was our favorite trip.
One trip we took my 5 yo niece with us her first trip and earlier in week she had eaten Donald's out of house and home. Our only rule for trip was she had to eat something before she had dessert, she ordered uncrustable for dinner that night and ate everything but 1 potato chip, poor child was in tears because she thought she'd get in trouble for leaving 1 chip. I told her to turn away for a sec and while she was looking else where that chip disappeared and she got a clean plate cupcake and card from server, I never saw a kid light up so much.

we went in 2011 with my surly 14 year old daughter, she kept getting yelled at for putting her elbows on the table so the waitress put ketchup in the shape of mickeys head then same daughter kept getting her cell phone out and repeatedly told to put it away when she didnt listen they made a dunce cap for her and made her wear it for the entire meal her step dad and I were laughing our heads off but hubby got it in the end he did not finish his green beans so they made him take another bite via the airplane trick it was absolutely hilarious:rotfl:

A few years back I was eating at the 50's with my sister. We had just finished eating when her boyfriend called. When our waitress came to the table, she told my sister we were not to have phones at the dinner table. She then took the phone and told my sister's boyfriend that he would have to call back at a better time because we were at the dinner table. Before she hung up, she said (very loudly) "Be sure you always use protection!". My sister was so embarrassed because everyone in the resteraunt heard her. It was pretty inappropriate but still hilarious. 50's is always such a good time...we go on every trip!

One of my twin's last year didn't clean his plate so they told him he had to do the dishes. They actually made him get up and head to the kitchen, I think they just took him to the door and then brought him back. You should have seen how big his eyes got! We still talk about it!

Nothing makes a 9 year old and a 6 year old laugh harder then watching their grandmother get fed her green beans before she could have dessert

IMG_2344.jpg

Thanks to this thread, and the dang tasty fried chicken there, I booked a return visit to 50PT for Labor Day this morning. I'll need the OP's home address so I know where to send the bill.

100_0359.jpg

We celebrated my mom and aunt's 70th birthdays this past June. Fun trip! We had the awesomest server ever. He hassled my aunt all during the meal. She ordered a root beer float. He brought it out later, after everyone else's drink order. That's what you see in the pic. Byron knew all the tricks. He had everyone sing happy birthday to my mom and my aunt, "your majesty". Good times!

Also, I don't want to post his pic without his permission, but another person in our party kept ordering Coke refills. She brought him a pitcher full of Coke and a park map with all the bathrooms circled on it.

That sounds just like my DH! What the server did is something I would do to DH as well :rotfl2:

Our first visit was for my dad's birthday. My kids were shocked that they had to set the table and that Aunt Elaine was giving my dad so much crap. We ordered a bottle of champagne and the whole room had to sing. After dinner we were going to take pictures in the kitchen area and my mom had gone out for a smoke. Aunt Elaine went outside and yelled at my mom to get back so we could take pictures. It was a hoot.

Last trip my family of four went for lunch. Cousin Tim came over and asked us if we had washed our hands. We replied that we had not and he told us to get up and go wash our hands or we were not going to have any lunch. The people at the table next to us were still in hysterics when we got back.

When we were there a few years ago we had two servers that played off of each other very well. Our mother was awesome and uses many of the gags mentioned but the funniest was the cousin waiting on the next table was holding a "cleanest plate" contest to which each time he had a winner he announced it and held the plate in the air for everyone to see before placing it on the shelf and removing the previous plate. It was quite entertaining to watch everyone literally licking their plate clean for cousin while mother berated him for encouraging poor table manners.

I had a old friend from high school who worked there (Cousin Joey). But I don't know how I feel about that place even though we are going there for our next trip. I don't really want to be picked on when I am eating, though I don't mind watching others get picked on ;)

Laughing at all of these replies, I had to share our experience... My Sister got in trouble for being bad and not eating all of her food so she had to stand in the corner... She played along and (she is a very cute girl) one of the male servers told "Ma she was being bad... Ma said to spank her... He proceeded to remove his belt! :lmao: As if to whip her.

The first visit, our kids were younger and we also had grandma with us. The boys (9 & 6) went to the restroom and were questioned about washing their hands, then promptly sent back giggling after saying the wrong color of soap. DH was laughing about that, but "Mom" got him later for not eating his veggies. She announced it to everyone, then played airplane with a forkful while telling him to open the hanger. Our 12 yr old daughter had witnessed things happening at tables around us, so only ordered a salad. It turned out to be huge, so she was begging our family to help her eat it so as not to get yelled at by "Mom". Grandma was not seeing the humor and ended up laying her napkin across the food left on her own plate. "Mom" came over and picked up the napkin while announcing "Grandma's over here pitching a tent!"

Our latest escapade there was with both boys again (now in their 20's) "Mom" came over after we'd been waiting at an empty table, put down a pile of utensils and napkins. She reprimanded the boys for not having the table ready for dinner, then told them get it set pronto and she'd be back when they were done. Well, one knife was missing from the table setting and a son proceeded to draw an outline of the missing knife on his neatly folded napkin. "Mom" came back, saw what he'd done, and lost it. She tried to stay in character without laughing, but finally had to disappear into the kitchen area.

We've had some ho hum servers and some great ones. Our favorite had to be uncle Tim, big bouncer type guy.

We had Uncle Tim in Dec. 2010 & he was great! He asked our 18 year old daughter & her best friend (1st time visit) about washing their hands in the bathroom. Our DD had the right answer, but her friend failed & had to go back a 2nd time. After not eating her green beans and pressing her luck with Uncle Tim she ended up standing with her nose in the corner. It was great fun, and after the meal the girls got their picture taken with Uncle Tim.

When we were there in March 2012 he wasn't there much to our disappointment. Hopefully it was his day off and we'll run into him again sometime.

We love 50s Prime Time, and make sure to go every trip. :thumbsup2

During our trip this past January, we were served by Cousin Mark. While my in-laws weren't too sure at first about being told to set their own table, they soon got into it. Cousin Mark did the usual stuff like introducing everyone in the room, and sharing what he learned about us with other tables. But the best part was when he asked my DS8 to come back to the kitchen with him. They both came back out, drinks in hand, and Cousin Mark had him help serve the whole room! After he finished, DS went up to him and asked for part of the tip. Cousin Mark looked up at the ceiling, rolled his eyes, but then laughed and gave him a dollar! We tried to give it back to him but he wouldn't take it - so we just added it onto our own tip. ;)

I know it's not for everyone (including the couple in that room whose language barrier, I think, kept them from really getting the humor of it all), but I think if you go in knowing what to expect you'll have an unforgettable experience! ::yes::

When we were there in 2009 I shot a spit ball at DD7 and she told on me. Uncle Dave gave me a thumbs up for it and yelled at her for being a tattletale. We also saw him take away all the cell phones from the table of teenage girls next to us. Love the experience and the food is good too!

The best time was when I was about 13 years old in the year 1999. It was me, my friend and her sister and our parents. My friend's sister had big frizzy hair (before straighteners were real popular) Anyway the waiter wanted to see how many straws he could put in her hair....it was over 50! Then he asked where our husbands were and we told him that we didn't have any and he said he would be right back. A few minutes later he came back with 3 boys about our age and told them to have a seat and introduce themselves. They looked at him like he was crazy! We still laugh about this I don't know where the boys came from because they weren't in our section at all. :rotfl:

About a year later we went and I had just gotten braces. My mom and I stopped in to just grab dessert. I got the Smores and it was HUGE I couldn't eat even half of it. It was sticking bad to my braces and I was full. Well our waiter kept telling me I needed to eat and I told him I was full and it was sticking. Well he came and sat next to me and started feeding me like a baby. I was aggervated but it was funny. He only did this for like one or two bites. It was just enough to be funny and a good photo op.

The only time I've had the privilege of eating at 50's a server (different from our own) kept tickling the back of my friend's neck from around a corner with a long feather. I was across the table from my friend and her DH, so I saw what was happening, but she was bewildered! At one point I thought she was going to wig out! :rotfl2:

Oh and the pot roast is AMAZING!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter