Funniest Storys From 50's Primetime Cafe

My family and I have been to 50's prime time on each of our last 5 trips and are looking forward to going again in November.

Althought we have all been scolded for elbows, talking on the cell phone, and not eating our veggies the best was last year.

We brought a friend and her son with us for their first trip. The little guy is 7 and was having a very hard time deciding on what he wanted to drink. He was tired and being a bit grumpy. Well our cousin took our drink order and told our young friend that he should take some more time to think about it and he would come back.

A few minutes later he comes back with a huge tray full of drinks and sets each one down in front of him and says "if figured since you could not decide I would bring you one of each" and he litteraly did that there was coke, diet coke, sprite, lemonaide, milk, chocholate milk, water, a shirley temple, and even a couple of small milk shakes. The whole meal he kept stopping by to see if he needed any refills. :lmao:

To this day that is all my kids ever talk about and of course the time Daddy had to wear a dunce hat and stand in the cornor.

A few minutes later he comes back with a huge tray full of drinks and sets each one down in front of him and says "if figured since you could not decide I would bring you one of each" and he litteraly did that there was coke, diet coke, sprite, lemonaide, milk, chocholate milk, water, a shirley temple, and even a couple of small milk shakes. The whole meal he kept stopping by to see if he needed any refills. :lmao:

To this day that is all my kids ever talk about and of course the time Daddy had to wear a dunce hat and stand in the cornor.

What did the 7 year old eventually pick? Knowing our son, he probably would have taken a sip from each glass :rolleyes:

I miss the fact there's no Reuben anymore! No sandwiches either, just "heavy" meals. When I asked "mom" about it she told me stop complaining and eat my meatloaf. I was like... "But I'm not complaining I'm just..." and she wags her finger in my face and says "ahh ahh ahh, no no." then proceeds to fork me up my meatloaf.

I just booked an ADR at 50's PT because of all these hilarious stories! One of my friends coming with me hates veggies so that should be very interesting! :goodvibes

We tried 50's for the first time on our last trip (Sept 10) and can't wait to go back. Our waiter was awesome. We were questioned about washing hands. My daughter was scolded for not eating all her food and put in the corner when she ordered dessert. My son kept putting his elbows on the table and after being yelled at a dozen times the waiter drew a line on the table with ketchup to keep his elbows off. My son's response was to use a green bean to "clean" up the ketchup and eat it (gross i know but oh was it funny). I was made to stand with my hands on my head when i got caught texting at the table. Hubby was given a gold star for helping clean everyones plates (oh the man can eat lol).

This is one of those places that the menu (more of comfort food types) didn't really wow me so i never wanted to go. The kids convinced me last trip to try it and i am so glad they did. The food was very good but atmosphere was great. We had so much fun and are looking forward to going back this sept.

I was reminiscing with my mom about 50's PT. She laughed when I told her some of the stories on here regarding the green beans. Thankfully, everyone in our party likes them.

That's what I was gonna ask is how bad are the veggies since it seems so many people aren't eating them LOL!!

That's what I was gonna ask is how bad are the veggies since it seems so many people aren't eating them LOL!!

I love veggies myself! My problem is always with the portion sizes b/c they're so huge. When I went last I slipped about half my pot roast to my friend's husband whom she lovingly refers to as the "garbage disposal" lol.

I wonder if the delightful "Auntie Claire" is still at 50's PT.
She had us laughing until our sides were sore! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter