Fun things for 21st birthday?

erika21

Earning My Ears
I am so excited to be going to Disney for my 21st birthday, which is 12/13. I have been there many, many times, but this will be different as I will really be the one planning it and also doing many more 'adult' activities. For the day of my birthday I plan to drink around the world at epcot, but I'm wondering what to do for the night before. I need something open past 12am (so I can actually drink) but I have a teenaged sister and it would be nice if she could be included so that it's not just me and my parents lol. I'm not a big partier so I'm not necessarily looking for something too club-ish but just something fun to do to celebrate turning 21 right when I technically become legal. party: Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

P.S. Is it tacky to get a shirt that says 'Celebrating my 21st in Disney or something'? I know I'll get the pin but I'd still like wearing a shirt even though I'm old for it lol! princess:

Splitsville in DTD is open until 2:00 a.m. You may want to call first to confirm that they would serve you alcohol.

Is it tacky to get a shirt that says 'Celebrating my 21st in Disney or something'? I know I'll get the pin but I'd still like wearing a shirt even though I'm old for it lol! princess:

You're never too old to celebrate at Disney. But how about "Celebrating my 21st Birthday on Friday the 13th?" Decorate the shirt with Mickey heads or your favorite Disney character.

Splitsville in DTD is open until 2:00 a.m. You may want to call first to confirm that they would serve you alcohol.

Probably best to call ahead, but they should serve you alcohol since it would be after midnight. Not at Disney, but my DD was served alcohol just after midnight on her 21st birthday.

I would definitely wear a special shirt commemorating your 21st birthday!

I don't know your exact "drink around the world" plans, but I wanna throw in my two cents. DH & I found that to be a LOT of alcohol. We have since modified our plans to splitting a drink from each country. That way you are less likely to feel like this :sick: the next day!! Also, the pub at the Rose & Crown is a nice place to enjoy a happy crowd, a pint, and an appetizer and lil sis is certainly welcome.

Thanks so much for the responses so far! I like the idea of splitsville, that sounds like fun. I'm thinking of that or Raglan Road in DD.

I'm excited about the shirt, thanks for the input on that! I'll probably do something like "21st birthday princess" or something with one of the princesses on it lol.

As for the drinking around the world, I'll probably just get drinks from a few different places or split them with people in my family. I am going to take pictures holding them but I'm sure I won't be able to drink in all the countries. I probably won't finish them all but I don't want to be wasteful either.

Thanks so much for the responses so far! I like the idea of splitsville, that sounds like fun. I'm thinking of that or Raglan Road in DD.

I'm excited about the shirt, thanks for the input on that! I'll probably do something like "21st birthday princess" or something with one of the princesses on it lol.

As for the drinking around the world, I'll probably just get drinks from a few different places or split them with people in my family. I am going to take pictures holding them but I'm sure I won't be able to drink in all the countries. I probably won't finish them all but I don't want to be wasteful either.

Not yet 21 and already wise when it comes to drinking...good for you! Many people decades older than you don't know or forget that you don't have to finish a drink. You might have fun between now and your trip researching. I know when we ate at LeCellier a few years ago there was a beer there not available outside of Canada usually, so we gave that a try. Maybe there is something like it at the outside kiosk? Maybe a flavored sake in Japan? I like cold apple-flavored sake and I find it mild. And I don't remember the name but there is a frozen drink in France that lots of people rave about. Gosh, now you have me wanting to do a mini drink around the world on my trip next month!

A tip for drinking around the world: If you don't like beer or non-mixed drinks, skip Canada, Norway, and Germany.

You can get a Strongbow Hard Cider in England instead of a beer.

If you do like beer, then you're in for a treat. I know that many people don't like beer (or they only like very, very light beers) and that this is especially prevalent in people who have only recently turned 21 and haven't experienced the higher quality beers or had the opportunity to experience many beers at all.

That said, I recommend any of the Unibroue-style beers in Canada, a Guinness in England (or head inside the Rose and Crown Pub for a scotch if you're daring), a Kir Royal in France, if you must get something from every country then get the strawberry daiquiri-type drink in Morocco, an apple or cherry-flavored sake in Japan, white wine in Italy, the Red Stag Lemonade in America, Altenmunster Oktoberfest in Germany, Green Tea Plum Slush in China, the Aquavit in Norway, and the Patron Lime Margarita in Mexico.

DEFINITELY share your drinks (sharing is caring) AND DRINK WATER. LOTS OF IT.

Thanks for the tip about the beer and non-mixed drinks, I'm definitely more into the mixed drinks!! I may get a beer from Germany as thats my heritage, and have a sip or two and take a picture, then give it to a family member who likes it lol. But that's probably all the beer I'll have!

Not yet 21 and already wise when it comes to drinking...good for you! Many people decades older than you don't know or forget that you don't have to finish a drink. You might have fun between now and your trip researching. I know when we ate at LeCellier a few years ago there was a beer there not available outside of Canada usually, so we gave that a try. Maybe there is something like it at the outside kiosk? Maybe a flavored sake in Japan? I like cold apple-flavored sake and I find it mild. And I don't remember the name but there is a frozen drink in France that lots of people rave about. Gosh, now you have me wanting to do a mini drink around the world on my trip next month!

thanks for these suggestions, I love the idea of the sake and I'll definitely look into the one in France! I'm getting so excited about this! :drinking1

I've been thinking of Raglan Road the night into my birthday. Anyone have any experience there? I've heard good things... I'm going to epcot the night of my birthday because if I go the night before I won't be able to drink (legally lol) since it closes before midnight, I believe.

Oh, how I love drinking around the world. I also love eating around the world, and one tip from me would be not to have a blood orange margarita from La Cava, immediately followed by a chewy caramel bar from Kuchen. Both are delightful on their own, but they didn't quite sit right together. :crazy2:

I do love that margarita, and I also love the grey goose slush in France and the Moroccan Sunset. Morocco used to have something called the Sultan Colada which I didn't see last time I was there. If you see it, get one, it was awesome!

Have a wonderful time, pace yourself, and BE SAFE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter