fuel rods locations

Yeah, he completely left out those like me. Who have fabulous very high capacity chargers for my cell phone but don't always want to drag them around or don't plan ahead properly. They work great when your only other option is a totally dead battery
Otherwise I agree with him. They are dismal chargers as far as chargers go and you can get a great one for the same, or even less.
Exactly, I wouldn't think about buying one. I have a large charger that can charge 3 phones at once.

BUT, if something happens and I don't have it with me, I would get one and use it. I would then store it in my car or travel bags.

When I read about these things I thought they were interesting but I couldn't see myself buying one, I've got a couple of the larger ones. That all changed earlier this month.
On my flight down I was watching videos on my phone with the large powerbank I travel with connected (draws power from the charger and leaves the phone battery full).
Well, I either had a bad cable or the charger failed because when I landed I had very little charge left in the phone. Not the end of the world except - my wall charger was in my checked luggage (on it's way directly to the resort with DME), and my daughter was flying in on a later flight to meet me, and now I had no way to communicate with her.
While sitting around the bar at ASMovies with my battery icon flashing red I remembered reading about these Fuel Rods and did a quick internet search before the phone quit completely. I discovered a post saying there was a machine outside the arcade at ASSports. I figured I'd check the arcade at my resort and there it was. $30 later I was back in business, drinking Grand Margaritas and waiting for my daughters call and the text with my room number.
It actually got a lot more use that weekend from me and others in my group. One evening, after a long day of dance competition at WWOS all of the available outlets were in use and many of the parents in our group were running low. I passed the Fuel Rod around for them to use and when it started to get discharged I went to the gift shop and swapped it out. Probably swapped it 3 or 4 times that night alone.
My wife carries it in her purse now, just in case.
This little device wouldn't be my first choice but saved my hide that trip.

It's convenience you are paying for. With the added locations it's making more and more sense. Less to carry. Always a (relatively) fresh battery.

If I hadn't taken a trip down to WDW where i forgot to bring charging cables for my batteries, I never would've thought to"waste" $30. Now I can't imagine not having it.

Can somebody post a pic of their Fuel Rod in their hand or next to a phone for comparison? I'm trying to decide if the size difference between these and our better chargers is big enough to make these more convenient to carry around the parks.

For reference, we have a couple of these 10000mAh ones, and I'm guessing the Fuel Rods are smaller:
51Fh2GHKP6L.jpg

Can somebody post a pic of their Fuel Rod in their hand or next to a phone for comparison? I'm trying to decide if the size difference between these and our better chargers is big enough to make these more convenient to carry around the parks.

For reference, we have a couple of these 10000mAh ones, and I'm guessing the Fuel Rods are smaller:
51Fh2GHKP6L.jpg

MUCH,MUCH smaller and they are cylindrical.

Thanks guys! I'm going to order. They do seem so convenient to swap out, and small enough I can probably get my menfolk to carry them in their pockets without complaining!

This is what I do with mine. I bought a "Love Handle" from Amazon for like $6 that I stuck on the back of my phone. It's great for added security to hold the phone when doing walking or running (fingers slide in), and when I'm in the parks or need a spare battery, the stretchy party holds the Fuel Rod nicely as well. This is a basic iPhone 6 for size comparison:

IMG_0992.JPG IMG_0993.JPG

The review I read on them states they only give about 75% charge. Just easier to buy one for 1/2 the price off Amazon and recharge it at night

I have a different experience. I have been able to charge my phone completely off of one. Not only that, it's so easy to swap that you just go to the next spot and grab another.

The problem this has solved is a: remembering to plug something in b: remembering to get it from your room c: making it so that you don't have to worry about a charge.

I bought two of these. I keep one in my purse. When I enter a park, I grab a new one and I can hold on to it until I need it. Then, I just swap it out. I don't have to remember to get it from my room, I don't have to remember to plug it in, and when it goes dead, I just go get a new one.

I have a different experience. I have been able to charge my phone completely off of one. Not only that, it's so easy to swap that you just go to the next spot and grab another.

I guess I just do this differently than everyone else. I just keep mine plugged in and constantly charging and even if I'm on the phone constantly, it will stay at 100% charged for about 4-5 hours. Then once the fuel rod is empty, I unplug it and have a fully charged phone and just swap it out whenever I'm next by one of the stations. Since I'm local and rarely in the parks longer than that in one day, more of the time I'm just recharging it at home. But if I'm ever there longer or forget to recharge it or am using my phone more extensively, I'm sure I have somewhere to grab a new one. Probably the only thing that's different/annoying compared to a normal charger (like the Anker one above) is that there is no light/signal to show you when it's losing charge. Basically it will be charging and my phone at 100% and then it just stops completely. It doesn't go from 4 lights to 3 to 2 to 1 so I know when it's getting low, which is why I prefer to keep the phone fully charged rather than try to have it charge up slowly. One more issue - I have an iphone (as shown above) and the adapter cable they provide with the kit is for a micro USB and then has an adapter on top for the lightning charger. A good percentage of the time mine says "This accessory not supported" so I just use a regular Apple cable. But better to know that and have one with you rather than counting on theirs. If you have just a micro (ie non-Apple) charge port, you probably wouldn't have this issue.

I guess I just do this differently than everyone else. I just keep mine plugged in and constantly charging and even if I'm on the phone constantly, it will stay at 100% charged for about 4-5 hours. Then once the fuel rod is empty, I unplug it and have a fully charged phone and just swap it out whenever I'm next by one of the stations. Since I'm local and rarely in the parks longer than that in one day, more of the time I'm just recharging it at home. But if I'm ever there longer or forget to recharge it or am using my phone more extensively, I'm sure I have somewhere to grab a new one. Probably the only thing that's different/annoying compared to a normal charger (like the Anker one above) is that there is no light/signal to show you when it's losing charge. Basically it will be charging and my phone at 100% and then it just stops completely. It doesn't go from 4 lights to 3 to 2 to 1 so I know when it's getting low, which is why I prefer to keep the phone fully charged rather than try to have it charge up slowly. One more issue - I have an iphone (as shown above) and the adapter cable they provide with the kit is for a micro USB and then has an adapter on top for the lightning charger. A good percentage of the time mine says "This accessory not supported" so I just use a regular Apple cable. But better to know that and have one with you rather than counting on theirs. If you have just a micro (ie non-Apple) charge port, you probably wouldn't have this issue.

I'm confused. How is this different than what anyone else is doing?

I'm confused. How is this different than what anyone else is doing?
Seems like everyone else waits until their phone battery is low to then plug in the fuel rod and expect it to charge it up. I use the fuel rod to keep the phone charged fully. I thought most people didn't like to keep the rod plugged in unless necessary since I always see people saying "it only gives 75% of a charge", which I wouldn't know because I rarely try to power up with it.

Seems like everyone else waits until their phone battery is low to then plug in the fuel rod and expect it to charge it up. I use the fuel rod to keep the phone charged fully. I thought most people didn't like to keep the rod plugged in unless necessary since I always see people saying "it only gives 75% of a charge", which I wouldn't know because I rarely try to power up with it.

Oh ok, I understand. Yeah, I do it the same way you do. I have a little flap in my purse I use just for the fuel rod.

Best thing i ever bought! But i wish i had bought it before i got to disney. I could have gotten it at my airport for $20. No big deal though. My phone was always dead by mid day. With the fuelrod i dont have to sit somewhere to charge. I can ride and tour the parks. When the rod is used i exchange it for another. At the end of the day i exchange for a full one so i already have a full one to start the next day. Dont have to stress over dead phone at the parks anymore. I generally plug in when my phone gets to 40 %.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link to an update map of all kiosks with their recent expansion?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter