fuel rods locations

Last trip we had a huge heavy portable battery we were using well it was dead one day and my phone was dead had no other choice I found that two of them will give a a full charge and so I carry two with me always they are light weight plus I forgot my camera charger at home found that one will charge my camera two time plus when they are dead I swap them out at home I also use them I just charge them when they are dead I ordered them off the website as that is ten dollars cheaper then at the parks also it's nice not to have to search for a outlet

The Fuel Rod stations provide a service that makes it easy to charge your device and thats what you're paying for. Can you find better portable batteries for cheaper? Absolutely, but you're paying for the luxury of always having a fully charged battery at a stones throw away. I used the stations constantly when I was in Disney in October and I am looking forward to using them on my upcoming trip.

I'm local and use mine all the time, in or out of the parks. I do have a better (10000 vs 2600) one but this one is so much more compact and of course when I'm at Disney I can just swap it out. I'm really glad to learn about the new locations - we were at Epcot yesterday from around noon using them all the time and they went dead while waiting for the concert around 5. I didn't want to run all the way around World Showcase to the only stop I knew about so we just turned off all the battery drainers and stopped using the phone. We exited through IG and asked in the gift shop there and were thrilled to find the one there since we were heading for Boardwalk for the evening.

My experience is that they keep your phone (I have an iphone 6 that drains pretty quickly) 100% charged for about 4-5 hours, assuming you are using the phone constantly with apps that draw heavy usage (Pokemon Go, MDE, Reddit/FB or anything with videos). If you're just using your phone for texts or quick calls, I would assume one would last all day easily.

Definitely some of the better $30 options we've spent at Disney.

Can they only be purchased ahead of time direct, or are they available via Amazon or local retailers?

Last edited:

Can they only be purchased ahead of time direct, or address that available via Amazon or local retailers?
They can be purchased at the kiosk/vending machine. It's set up so that you can buy a new set or exchange for a new battery.

These kiosks are also in airports.

s-l300.jpg

6000mAh Portable Charger Power Bank and costs only about $20.00. I have had mine for 2 years and its great. I will charge while eating lunch or dinner and it fully charges my phone and it will fit inyour pocket. I would recommend this.

Can they only be purchased ahead of time direct, or address that available via Amazon or local retailers?

edit: I read the question backwards my answer is reverse and yes they can be purchased at the kiosks for a $10 more premium.

yes, it's not a disney made product you can find them online or other locations they have kiosks (airports, etc) where you can get them also. They will be lower cost there as well.

I like them but you can get the same amount of recharge power in smaller lipstick or credit card sized chargers for less (and for the same price much larger capacity units) as pointed out. The convenience of them at disney is you can get a fully charged one for no cost just walking up to the kiosks and exchanging it. handy at disney but if you don't pass them when not at disney the larger capacity for same cost might fit your lifestyle better. as a local, I love them but I do have others when I'm not going to be around disney.

Last edited:

yes, it's not a disney made product you can find them online or other locations they have kiosks (airports, etc) where you can get them also. They will be lower cost there as well.

I like them but you can get the same amount of recharge power in smaller lipstick or credit card sized chargers for less (and for the same price much larger capacity units) as pointed out. The convenience of them at disney is you can get a fully charged one for no cost just walking up to the kiosks and exchanging it. handy at disney but if you don't pass them when not at disney the larger capacity for same cost might fit your lifestyle better. as a local, I love them but I do have others when I'm not going to be around disney.
I don't think you understood the question of the poster you quoted. They asked if it can "only" be purchased ahead of time, and the answer is no. You can purchase them at the parks in the same swap kiosks

I bought two of them last year at the airport haven't change them in yet. I was reading the battery has to be dead to change it in. Is this correct? Can it tell your battery has more charge left on it and it won't accept it?

I bought two of them last year at the airport haven't change them in yet. I was reading the battery has to be dead to change it in. Is this correct? Can it tell your battery has more charge left on it and it won't accept it?
not correct, I have swaped them without draining them completely

I don't think you understood the question of the poster you quoted. They asked if it can "only" be purchased ahead of time, and the answer is no. You can purchase them at the parks in the same swap kiosks

thanks I edited my post.

We love our fuel rods. We have other higher power chargers that we put our phones and ipads on overnight but for in the parks, the fuel rods work well enough at a cheap enough initial cost to be very effective for us.

I have never looked but according to the website they aren't. but according to the website disney doesn't have them either so you'll need to be on the look out when passing through.
It's the issue of dealing with making sure I found the correct type that just drove me to get ours in the park anyway. That way, I knew the one I bought was the correct brand/version. Yeah, I paid $10 more but at least all doubt was removed

Sorry, what I meant was, if I want to pre-purchase, do I have to get it from the manufacturer? Or can I buy it on Amazon or in a store somewhere local to me.

But i think I got the right answer.
No amazon. Possibly local at an airport.
I'll probably just get it in the park.

Edit: idk why but disboards is suddenly running very clunky on my phone. I don't remember it being this clunky last year. Hmm
Anyway sorry for all the typos, the post screen freezes up a lot!

Last edited:
I bought one in the Las Vegas airport last year ($20), just to try it. I have several better ones that I use when I travel, so I have found I only use this one at Disney because of the number of locations that I can swap it out. My phone battery is 3400mAh, and this is only rated 2600mAh, so it won't fully charge me if I am near dead, but it's a good top off, and I can swap it out in any park without taking the time to charge the old one.

Sorry, what I meant was, if I want to pre-purchase, do I have to get it from the manufacturer? Or can I buy it on Amazon or in a store somewhere local to me.

If you want to swap it in the machines, it has to be a fuel-rod brand and they only make 1 model so that's pretty easy to sort out. http://www.fuel-rod.com/ has a picture of it. as far as I know you can't get it anywhere but the kiosks and direct from company but the kisoks are in more than disney and they have a search for one on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter