FROZEN in Carbonite! Updating for Halloween at Sea World and Disney

My 2nd surgery went well, but recovery has been painful! Despite the pain, I made it to F&W 3 times.

The first time, with ice under my arm, I made it as far as the Festival Center and Innoventions. We did World of Color for the first time. It's really cute and fun. We checked out the chocolate art at the Festival Center. Got a sample of chocolate to eat. That was the extent of what I could handle after surgery. We didn't ride any attractions.

The 2nd time, we went to F&W on a Friday night. World Showcase was full. Again, I had ice under my arm the whole time. We ventured out to World Showcase but didn't make it far, to Canada. Saw the fireworks from DHS from there. We didn't sample any food and Spaceship Earth was the only attraction we went on. I was concerned about the incision hurting when we turned around to go back to Earth, but had no problems. We met up with @Missyrose at the Boardwalk lobby and had a lovely chat with them. Always a pleasure to see them! But they probably ended up very late packing as they were moving to a Universal resort the next day and our meet up was a last minute plan.

The 3rd time, it was on a Sunday that we went to F&W. World Showcase wasn't as busy as we expected. We tried the Loaded mac and cheese at Farm Fresh. And the Cheese soup and filet at Canada. All three were very yummy! Dh and I shared each thing. DS had a pineapple dole whip. He is not an adventurous eater. It was cool enough outside that evening, that I didn't bring an ice pack.

Last Saturday, we went to Sea World's Halloween Spectacular. They changed it up a bit from past years. There were about 10 candy stops. We arrived around 4:30pm. I went with an icepack under my arm. The ice works so much better than anything else I've tried. We did the trick or treat stops and watched the whale show. Each trick or treat stop gave one piece of candy. We had a huge back with 10 pieces of candy, lol.

Even though we have AP to Sea World, this was the first time since the tragic accident that we watched the show. To me and dh it was disappointing in comparison to the old show. But ds didn't remember the old one and he was mesmerized by this one. He didn't realize at first that he whales are trained. He thought they were really waving and stuff like that. Until once where the whale did nothing and there was an awkward silence. I explained to him that they don't force the whales to perform. And that's when he began to notice the trainers hands and when I realized I just ruined his magic.

On the way to the exit, we stopped at the trick or treat stops again. This time, we were given handfuls of candy! I think ds counted 20 twizzlers in his bag!

I'll post the pictures when I get a chance. It was a fun escape from reality for a few hours!

I've moved our December trip, and shortened the number of days. Moved it to TOMORROW!! I need to start packing! I should have moved it to All Star Music which would have been $78 a night. Instead I chose a moderate for $137.25. Since we already had over $200 down, we don't owe that much. But if I had chosen music, we wouldn't owe anything. And looking back, I should have done that.

So tomorrow starts our quick mini-vacation. Tuesday I start radiation and the vacation is over. Back to reality and my fight!

Glad surgery went well but hope the pain gets better.

Have fun on your mini vacation! You deserve it!

Good luck and we know you'll be fine.

We met up with @Missyrose at the Boardwalk lobby and had a lovely chat with them. Always a pleasure to see them! But they probably ended up very late packing as they were moving to a Universal resort the next day and our meet up was a last minute plan.
I'm so grateful that you could swing by , I love getting to spend time with all three of you ! Sleep is overrated , it's way more important to see our Disney friends !

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am sorry that you have more stuff to go through still, but keep your spirits up. We are sending good vibes your way:goodvibes I am glad you are having a good time. It looks like F&W and Halloween were fun. Upgrades rules:thumbsup2

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am sorry that you have more stuff to go through still, but keep your spirits up. We are sending good vibes your way:goodvibes I am glad you are having a good time. It looks like F&W and Halloween were fun. Upgrades rules:thumbsup2

It was so nice staying at Disney October 30th to November 1st. The upgrade was to water view (we booked standard) in the Trinidad North! We were close to the quiet pool and the main building looking at the lake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter