"Frozen Fireworks": what time? I've heard both...

What is the quickest way to get to DHS from Epcot (and how long will it take)? We have an 6:40 ADR at Akershus and was wondering if it might be possible to see Frozen fireworks and stages how that night at DHS.

What is the quickest way to get to DHS from Epcot (and how long will it take)? We have an 6:40 ADR at Akershus and was wondering if it might be possible to see Frozen fireworks and stages how that night at DHS.
You can leave Epcot from the back entrance. Once you pass England, keep walking straight--do not go over the bridge into France. You can get a boat back there. It will stop at the Boardwalk, Beach/Yacht Club, then Swan/Dolphin and then go to DHS. It will take 20-30 minutes dock to dock.
You could also walk but it will take almost as long.

I really want to see these! How long are they supposed to be doing this through? We will be there December 18-22!

THanks, everyone! We are planning to see the Frozen fireworks the night of August 30th. We have the "Frozen Premium Package" thing, which includes a dessert party and a viewing area for the fireworks, I think.

Last edited:
Oh, wait, I just noticed this on the Disney website's details page, for the Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package:

"The dessert party begins at 8:15 PM from June 17 to August 20 and 7:45 PM from August 21 to September 7."

Sounds like they will start the fireworks show at the earlier time — 9 pm, instead of 9:30 — from Aug. 21 thru Sept. 7th.

I saw on wdwent that they are not doing the Frozen Fireworks this Wednesday. Is that just for this week? Do they usually have these fireworks every night? Sounds like it should not be missed, and we are planning in being there on a Wednesday! Want to make sure they will be going off, or I need to change plans ASAP!!

Does anyone know if you can see the Frozen fireworks from Coronado Springs? We will be arriving Thursday night around 830 or so, and if we can see them from an upper level, I'd rather not fight the traffic.

No idea why they aren't on 7/15, I found that odd too but the only other day they weren't on was 7/4, and that was because they had a whole big shabang, not Frozen. Guess I'll have to see what happens tomorrow instead.

Does anyone know if you can see the Frozen fireworks from Coronado Springs? We will be arriving Thursday night around 830 or so, and if we can see them from an upper level, I'd rather not fight the traffic.
We went on Sunday, crowds not too bad, finally the first time we were stormed out and could stay, and we got right on the second or third tram and outta the park and were home 20 min later. No problem. NOTHING nearly like Star Wars fireworks traffic, yikes! Anyway, they are quite nice in person. Worth watching from far away AND at least once in person, I think....

We are going the last week of August, and the day I have scheduled for Hollywood Studios it lists the Frozen Fireworks at 9 pm.

Maggie

I saw on wdwent that they are not doing the Frozen Fireworks this Wednesday. Is that just for this week? Do they usually have these fireworks every night? Sounds like it should not be missed, and we are planning in being there on a Wednesday! Want to make sure they will be going off, or I need to change plans ASAP!!

DHS is closing early this Wednesday. It's a special case, not a regular occurrence.

Has anyone seen the Frozen fireworks and then caught the second F! ? THat's my hope for July 24...

Has anyone seen the Frozen fireworks and then caught the second F! ? THat's my hope for July 24...
that's what we would like to do too on 7/29. Right now I have the premium package reserved but I think I may cancel it. From the reviews it seems like it is a waste of money.

Where is the best place to view the fireworks with out the package? Hollywood Blvd? what time should we line up? Is there a FP+ for the Frozen fireworks?

We just returned from our trip. We saw Frozen Fireworks two times this past week (Thursday and Friday nights). The posted time for the show is 9:30pm. However, BOTH nights they started the stage show around 9:45pm. Cast Members directing foot traffic said they have been holding the fireworks so the 9pm Fantasmic crowd could make it to the show.

Or maybe it just took longer than Disney expected for the frozen fireworks to thaw. :yo-yo:

You can leave Epcot from the back entrance. Once you pass England, keep walking straight--do not go over the bridge into France. You can get a boat back there. It will stop at the Boardwalk, Beach/Yacht Club, then Swan/Dolphin and then go to DHS. It will take 20-30 minutes dock to dock.
You could also walk but it will take almost as long.

DHS-Epcot-IG_012311.jpg

that's what we would like to do too on 7/29. Right now I have the premium package reserved but I think I may cancel it. From the reviews it seems like it is a waste of money.

Where is the best place to view the fireworks with out the package? Hollywood Blvd? what time should we line up? Is there a FP+ for the Frozen fireworks?
I don't know, my go to spot has been behind echo lake where the 50s prime time is. There are so many buildings and trees that it's hard to nail a spot. You can't really see the characters on stage, but they are on so short, the fireworks are what its really about. I might try way at the back of the strip, but I would not get anywhere near the stage, myself. It blocks out all the fireworks. We had to instantly abandon it when the SWW fireworks started, and we have avoided the stage area ever since. Got GREAT video from echo lake on Sunday! But audio slightly echo-ey, for some odd reason, they didn't fully pipe the music right there like they had for SWW....?

I've done this 3 or 4 times without any issue - both FP and stand by. I do suggest grabbing a FP for it (I've never had an issue grabbing one. I think the latest I've checked is 8pm for the 10:30 showing, and there were still 9pm passes as well)

They plan it so that the shows do not run simultaneously, and if the first F! showing is delayed for any reason, they will delay Frozen

I don't know, my go to spot has been behind echo lake where the 50s prime time is. There are so many buildings and trees that it's hard to nail a spot. You can't really see the characters on stage, but they are on so short, the fireworks are what its really about. I might try way at the back of the strip, but I would not get anywhere near the stage, myself. It blocks out all the fireworks. We had to instantly abandon it when the SWW fireworks started, and we have avoided the stage area ever since. Got GREAT video from echo lake on Sunday! But audio slightly echo-ey, for some odd reason, they didn't fully pipe the music right there like they had for SWW....?

Probably because of the number of people that are out. SWW was packed and people waited 1.5+ hours for the show. Frozen happens every night and it is more than possible to walk up 5 minutes before the show starts and get a great spot. With the amount of space available on Hollywood Blvd, there isn't really a reason to plan for people to be watching from the side because it really isn't necessary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter