• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Frozen Fireworks": what time? I've heard both...

Bonacker

Mouseketeer
What time is the Frozen Fireworks Spectacular at Disney Hollywood Studios? I've heard both 9 and 9:30 (which seems awfully late for little kids, the "Frozen" demographic). We're going in August, with the Frozen premium package thing. Thanks!

I checked this site (which is a very good site to keep bookmarked) and it says 9:30:

http://wdwent.com/

In the summer, it's really not going to be dark enough for fireworks before 9:30.

They do not run at 9, no way. Illuminations does though. Frozen stage show starts at 9:30 (not pending any weather or technical delays) and the actual fireworks themselves start basically at 9:45, so I usually go outside around 9:40 so I ready to watch them from the start. For the most part, Wishes runs at 10. By the time Frozen fireworks are over, its just minutes and then Wishes starts. There will be no way of getting out of the park before 10:30 FYI. Maybe worse depending on the post fireworks traffic...

By the way, these are some of the best fireworks choreography that I have ever seen. Not a fan of Frozen. Loved the fireworks.

Idk where anyone said 9 but that is wrong. It just starts getting dark around 7:30-8pm, so it needs to be fully dark for the fireworks.

Dance party 9
Stage show 9:30
Fireworks 9:45
Over at 9:55

It's not that late for majority of kids. You're at Disney, those bed times are out the window!

Definitely 9.30 ... we came back 2 weeks ago. We did Fantasmic, followed by the Frozen Fireworks (not the best time to see them ... better to do one OR the other in my opinion). Because of the weather we never saw the stage show!

Hi! I'm trying to fit these firworks in. How is the stage show? As it stands right now, I think we may just get to the park in time to see the fireworks from the end of the street, so we would miss the show. I have not told the kids there is a show, but if it is not to be missed, I can try to change our plans. I am just not sure how early we need to get to DHS in order to manage a decent viewing spot. This one is new for me so I am struggling with timeing.

Hi! I'm trying to fit these firworks in. How is the stage show? As it stands right now, I think we may just get to the park in time to see the fireworks from the end of the street, so we would miss the show. I have not told the kids there is a show, but if it is not to be missed, I can try to change our plans. I am just not sure how early we need to get to DHS in order to manage a decent viewing spot. This one is new for me so I am struggling with timeing.

If you don't care about the stage show, you can see the fireworks from outside the park.
Saves the trip through security bag-check.

Good views along the plum-colored pathway inside the area that I shaded in green on the map below.

DHS-Epcot-IG-Fwks_071014_zps62eda25b.jpg

Also, they have a big screen on stage so those not so close can still see. So you very well could view it from decently far down the road close to the HS exit as long as your view isn't obstructed. It's not too bad of a show, I'm sure your kids would love it if they like Frozen. Features all the main characters. And then there's a brief show after the fireworks when Elsa comes out.

If you don't care about the stage show, you can see the fireworks from outside the park.
Saves the trip through security bag-check.

Good views along the plum-colored pathway inside the area that I shaded in green on the map below.

DHS-Epcot-IG-Fwks_071014_zps62eda25b.jpg
Thank you!!!

Also, they have a big screen on stage so those not so close can still see. So you very well could view it from decently far down the road close to the HS exit as long as your view isn't obstructed. It's not too bad of a show, I'm sure your kids would love it if they like Frozen. Features all the main characters. And then there's a brief show after the fireworks when Elsa comes out.

I really want to bring them in, but if it is not possible, I am glad I can at least find a place for them to see the fireworks.

They are scheduled for 9:00 when we are going in early September, so that is correct at least for some days.

They are scheduled for 9:00 when we are going in early September, so that is correct at least for some days.

Yes. It will be much darker by 9PM at that time of year, and DHS will tend to close earlier.

We just returned from our trip. We saw Frozen Fireworks two times this past week (Thursday and Friday nights). The posted time for the show is 9:30pm. However, BOTH nights they started the stage show around 9:45pm. Cast Members directing foot traffic said they have been holding the fireworks so the 9pm Fantasmic crowd could make it to the show. I would assume the show starts at 9:30pm though.

While I thought it was nice that Disney made accommodations for guests to see both shows I really wish they would just officially schedule the fireworks for 9:45 instead of starting the show late. Personally we found this to be very frustrating. Thursday night we purposely did not go to Fantasmic so we could watch the fireworks. We had to make the choice on what we wanted to do, why not the other guests? If Disney would have just simply announced their intentions we could have done both instead of risking not seeing one or the other. We found communication in general a MAJOR issue throughout our entire trip.

The show is REALLY well done. It was the surprise moment of the trip, which is why we went a second night. Even though you can view the fireworks from outside the park, the view inside the park can not be beat (even the walk out of the park is magical). The finale is one of those great Disney moments that is just pure magic.

We saw them on Monday night and same thing, scheduled for 9:30 but the stage show did not start until 9:45. We had decided to do the late Fantasmic! because we wanted to see the fireworks first and foremost. I was getting a little nervous that we might have trouble getting to F! but it all turned out okay. If I had known they held the Frozen fireworks we would have gone to the first F! and not had such a late night but all is well that ends well I guess. My friend was at the first F! and said they stopped in the middle (she thinks someone may have been injured or something). She did not stay to see if they finished the show but again I would have been sweating out not getting out in time. In the end we saw both right after the other and loved both!

What time is the Frozen Fireworks Spectacular at Disney Hollywood Studios? I've heard both 9 and 9:30 (which seems awfully late for little kids, the "Frozen" demographic). We're going in August, with the Frozen premium package thing. Thanks!

They started at 9:45 tonight and were AMAZING!!

They started at 9:45 tonight and were AMAZING!!
Yep, it was a great night. I've seen them a dozen times from home and gotten rained out most of the times I tried to stay, and yesterday we finally got a great night and I was able to take my own video so I can sync with what I see from home. I feel bad for anyone who missed them to see F!

Good to know, thanks! I noticed that Wishes got bumped down to 9 during Easter Break, so I wonder if it has to do with Labor Day or something, either that or school goes back in session and they rely on us local FLRs and so earlier is better. I can't wait to see both Illuminations and Frozen going off at the same time! I've seen Wishes and Frozen together but they show up in different places. HS and EP are in the same viewing place....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter