• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Kick'n It at Kidani to Play'n It at Pop adults only p62/63 last thoughts&request

Awwww, I was so excited for you to be able to stay at the Beach Club. What a bummer!! :sad2: I would have been very sad!

Thanks for the beautiful light though. I need to get over there for sure!

Sounds like a great trip. Sorry that you couldn't stay in beach club for one one. My DD wants to stay there after going to breakfast at CMC. I might try to stay there in 2011 depending on when we go.

Awwww...MEK I'm so sorry you weren't able to stay at BC!! I so want to stay there at some point!!!! I would have been very sad also!!! However I know you will be able to stay there someday!!!

I am however glad you had such a good meal and I'm glad that you were able to have some great character interaction!!!!

I am keeping an eye out for the January AP rates and I will let you know what we finally decide!!!!! We don't even know yet what we are doing LOL!!!!!

Oh, I'm sorry you weren't able to stay at BC that night!! I understand the double-booking policy, but come on?! Oh well - maybe gives you something to look forward to on another trip! I would love to stay there as well - it just looks SO peaceful and wonderful!

I am going to post this picture to show you that I really DO know how to smile..........

Sept2009-Disney165.jpg

Awwww Mary Ellen you're beautiful when you smile!

i'm sorry you didn't get to stay at the Beach Club - that's one of my dream resorts too. i don't really understand the double booking problem: if you're willing to pay for two rooms and only use one, you would think they'd be happy to let you? :confused3

i'm glad your breakfast went well, at any rate, and that your buttons are bringing you just the right amount of special attention :goodvibes

I have noticed the different time dimension at Disney as well -- I really think it moves differently there -- I wonder if Einstein would be able to explain the phenomenon. :rolleyes:

Breakfast sounds wonderful at Beach Club -- I really want to try it one day!

Ah, what a disappointment for you, Mary Ellen!!! Did you at least promise yourself that you would stay there soon?

What wonderful breakfast pictures. You look like you are having so much fun!

I have to admit, I don't get the double booking thing. I mean you paid for the room at Pop, they had a room available, why do they care if you pay twice? They are your points. :confused3 It just doesn't really make any sense to me.

I'm sure you will stay there someday but oh, that must have just felt like one big tease!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just adore Beach Club! Just what I needed to see on this dreary Kansas day.
I can't believe that you were so close to a night at the villas. UGH! Double booking what a headache!:headache:

Glad I could help make a dreary day a little brighter. Did you know that about double booking????? I had NO idea.

Awwww, I was so excited for you to be able to stay at the Beach Club. What a bummer!! :sad2: I would have been very sad!

Thanks for the beautiful light though. I need to get over there for sure!

Oh well - it just wasn't meant to be. If you haven't spent much time at the BC, I would highly recommend it. It is such a cool place.

Sounds like a great trip. Sorry that you couldn't stay in beach club for one one. My DD wants to stay there after going to breakfast at CMC. I might try to stay there in 2011 depending on when we go.

Hi jcrochet....Welcome! :cool1::banana::cool1: Oh, you will love the CMC and I hope you get a chance to stay at the BC. Now that I own DVC the only way I can justify staying there is on points, so one of these days I know I will get my chance and it will be so worth it!

Awwww...MEK I'm so sorry you weren't able to stay at BC!! I so want to stay there at some point!!!! I would have been very sad also!!! However I know you will be able to stay there someday!!!

I am however glad you had such a good meal and I'm glad that you were able to have some great character interaction!!!!

It was a tad of a bummer, but once we left and walked back into Epcot I really didn't think about it anymore. And you're right - I will get there someday. We had a really fun meal and the characters were great. I definately recommend it!

I am keeping an eye out for the January AP rates and I will let you know what we finally decide!!!!! We don't even know yet what we are doing LOL!!!!!

I predict that you guys won't know your final plans until a few weeks before the trip - that's part of the fun. I know you will get a killer AP rate somewhere. I just know it! :wizard:

Oh, I'm sorry you weren't able to stay at BC that night!! I understand the double-booking policy, but come on?! Oh well - maybe gives you something to look forward to on another trip! I would love to stay there as well - it just looks SO peaceful and wonderful!

Yeah, I guess that double-booking policy is pretty strict. Oh well. It does give me something to look forward to, so I'm good! I can't wait until C (too excited to sleep) really gets into her TR because she stayed there for 10 days. I will live vicariously through her! :laughing:

Awwww Mary Ellen you're beautiful when you smile!

Thanks. I am really trying to break that frowning habit! :laughing:

i'm sorry you didn't get to stay at the Beach Club - that's one of my dream resorts too. i don't really understand the double booking problem: if you're willing to pay for two rooms and only use one, you would think they'd be happy to let you? :confused3

That was my thinking. If I am willing to pay you points to stay in an unoccupied room, was the problem? I don't quite get that, but I guess there is a reason behind it. Maybe they are afraid you will give the unoccupied room to someone else? :confused3 Not sure.

i'm glad your breakfast went well, at any rate, and that your buttons are bringing you just the right amount of special attention :goodvibes

We got the buttons because I was trying to be a little dorky. I honestly did not know that those buttons would bring us so much attention. It was truely unexpected. I am not one of those people who go to Disney world expecting the red carpet treatment and I've never been disappointed in the past when I missed the dream team. But, wow....those buttons work!

I have noticed the different time dimension at Disney as well -- I really think it moves differently there -- I wonder if Einstein would be able to explain the phenomenon. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes on "Disney time". Hmmmmmmm, too bad Einstein isn't around to explain this unique phenomenon. :laughing:

Breakfast sounds wonderful at Beach Club -- I really want to try it one day!

Ah, what a disappointment for you, Mary Ellen!!! Did you at least promise yourself that you would stay there soon?

Breakfast was yummy. I love the whole late breakfast, almost lunch thing because I usually eat lunch early. I am always starving by 11am.

I was thinking BC for my May trip. It was on the list of places I wanted to try. But I named VWL first and it was available. I snatched it up because I was afraid if I remained indecisive while they search BC I might end up with nothing. So since I want to try all the DVC resort, BC will have to wait for a future trip. But I also know if we do all meet up for a food and wine trip, if I plan right I might get to stay there a night or two! :thumbsup2

What wonderful breakfast pictures. You look like you are having so much fun!

We did have a blast there. I am so glad we did a character meal, because we missed our character meal in June because of LJ's rash. When I tried to rebook something else for LJ, everything was booked solid.

I have to admit, I don't get the double booking thing. I mean you paid for the room at Pop, they had a room available, why do they care if you pay twice? They are your points. :confused3 It just doesn't really make any sense to me.

I'm sure you will stay there someday but oh, that must have just felt like one big tease!

My thoughts exactly. I guess I should probably investigate the reason for no double booking. Someone here probably knows enough to comment.

It felt a bit like a tease, but mostly I just felt really stupid for not knowing the policy. You know how we Dis'ers get - we are used to knowing "everything", so when we learn something knew we feel overly dumb for not knowing it!

Hmmm I'd be curious why they wouldn't let you double book I mean they are getting more money out of the deal .... o well you can looked forward to staying at BC in the future!

I have no clue about the double booking thing. It may be a way to keep a person from using those few points to get the ddp for a day in the middle of a stay when you aren't using it otherwise. I'll bet many points are lost every year because there aren't enough for an entire stay....

Great first full day so far! I am so glad I don't drink coffee after reading everyone's TR's and comments on the WDW coffee!!! LOL We have been there several times and DH always drinks coffee everyday. He doesn't complain???? Maybe his own that he makes at home is that bad that Disney's coffee doesn't bother him! :lmao:
Can't believe you walked on Soarin'! Amazing!
I'm glad the walk over to the BC is short and easy. We have never done it before, but plan on it during our trip in December. I love the Cape May Cafe breakfast! The characters really are great and the food is also! Cute pix!
Sorry your stay did not work out, but something tells me you will be staying there someday!!! I don't think you are going to give up until you get to!

We've done the dinner at Cape May, but not the breakfast. Glad you enjoyed it! We love, love, love the Beach Club!!! :lovestruc We loved it even more than the Poly. Shhhh, don't tell anyone!

Denise

I have no clue about the double booking thing. It may be a way to keep a person from using those few points to get the ddp for a day in the middle of a stay when you aren't using it otherwise. .

You mean like what I was trying to do? :laughing: In actuality it would have cost us more to stay on points and keep out Pop reservation for that one night than it would have to stay on points and add the DDP.

My math says: $82 a night for Pop plus about aother $60 a night to add the DxDP. So roughly $142. My cost for staying on points and paying for the DxDP would have been about $120, so I would definately not be getting the better end of the deal for that one night.

Great first full day so far! I am so glad I don't drink coffee after reading everyone's TR's and comments on the WDW coffee!!! LOL We have been there several times and DH always drinks coffee everyday. He doesn't complain???? Maybe his own that he makes at home is that bad that Disney's coffee doesn't bother him! :lmao:

DH is not a coffee connoisseur, I take it! :rotfl: Seriously, its not the greatest coffee but it serves the purpose!

:
Can't believe you walked on Soarin'! Amazing!
I'm glad the walk over to the BC is short and easy. We have never done it before, but plan on it during our trip in December. I love the Cape May Cafe breakfast! The characters really are great and the food is also! Cute pix!
Sorry your stay did not work out, but something tells me you will be staying there someday!!! I don't think you are going to give up until you get to!

Walk - on soarin....I wonder if that will ever happen again?

The walk over to BC is nice and easy. Do you have breakfast planned there??? It really is a great place to hang with the characters.

I got over my disappointment pretty quickly. And....yes....I WILL get there on my quest to stay at every DVC resort!

We've done the dinner at Cape May, but not the breakfast. Glad you enjoyed it!

If you liked dinner you will probably also like breakfast! It's so bright and airy in there. Perfect for a morning meal!

We love, love, love the Beach Club!!! :lovestruc We loved it even more than the Poly. Shhhh, don't tell anyone!

Denise

Is that bad to love the beach club more than the Poly????? (I know there are a lot of Poly lovers on this board). Poly is cool, but I would pick the beach club first, too!

I would love to stay at the Poly some day, but gosh I love the Beach Club. It would take some extraordinary circumstances to get me over there now that we stay on points. Like buy 1 get 4 free!:lmao:

I would love to stay at the Poly some day, but gosh I love the Beach Club. It would take some extraordinary circumstances to get me over there now that we stay on points. Like buy 1 get 4 free!:lmao:

Now that is DEFINATELY my kind of deal!!!!!!!!

Happy Monday Everyone.....

I regret not getting a chance to update last night. I tried to around 10pm but I started nodding off before my computer completly booted up. Not a good sign, so I decided not to bother.

I will try REALLY hard to update tonight. I probably could write it at work, but its Epcot and what's Epcot without pictures????? And I DID get that flash photo of the wall opposite the caveman in spaceship earth, so I know what's there now. :rolleyes1 I will give you advanced notice before I post that picture in case you want to be surprised for your next trip!

Aww, Mary Ellen! I was sorry to read your "fish that got away" story about the Beach Club Studio! :sad2:

You seem to be smiling in a lot more pix this trip! :goodvibes

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter