From Kick'n It at Kidani to Play'n It at Pop adults only p62/63 last thoughts&request

It really is. You are so lucky to ride it on Halloween!!!!!!! That would be so cool!

I definately thought about walking barefoot a few times. Why not?....My tetanus shot was up to date! Somehow I just couldn't bring myself to do it!

I can't wait for a halloween ride on HM :cloud9:

I couldn't bare to walk in those stinken sandals anymore, I actually thought for a second about tossing them in the garbage!!

I can't wait for a halloween ride on HM :cloud9:

I couldn't bare to walk in those stinken sandals anymore, I actually thought for a second about tossing them in the garbage!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: That's pretty funny.....it's sure one way to destroy the enemy!:laughing:

I was hoping to do a full update tonight, but it is already after 10:30pm. So,,,I decided to show you a few pictures of POP. When we got back to Pop on arrival day, we pretty much just crashed into bed. I heard nothing all night long. Pop is sometimes refered to the as "the home of the turbo toilets", but I heard nothing during our first two nights. No toilets, no showers, no water running, no yelling, no screaming. It was very pleasant. But notice, I said ...."First two nights". I will tell you about night 3 when we get there, so be patient! I stayed in Pop, same room (remember), in 2008 and I heard showers going at 2am every night. I could have used earplugs for that trip.

When I got up I grabbed our mugs and headed for some delicious nescafe coffee, :eek: I really only drank it for my caffiene fix, Every morning I threw out half the mug, Bleeeeech! We got up around 7am, drank yucky coffee, and went for a run along the lake. It was nice and quiet and the morning temperatures were pleasant. We hit the 50's parking lot and circled round to the food court to pick up some muffins with our snack credits.

Here is the view from our room.....

Sept2009-Disney1493.jpg

Here is a view of the front of our building and the stairs. Noticed I focused on the speakers because it played 70's music all day. It was like being on an episode of "That 70's show". Just like Kidani, the music was well suited to the resort theme.

Here is more 70's:

Sept2009-Disney1490.jpg

Sept2009-Disney1492.jpg

As we came down the stairs we could see Goofy to our left:

Sept2009-Disney1564.jpg

We really did have an excellent room location. No complaints there.

So ....

Coffee....check

Run........check

Muffins...check

Time to get dressed and ready to go. Here's a picture of the lovely ADR car waiting for us.......

Sept2009-Disney120.jpg

So, hey....it's not much, but up next......Epcot and "what do you mean its double booking?"

Your feet look much happier!

Not that we saw a picture of you looking oh-so fabulous but....

:)

Sleep is good. Especially with sore tootsies!

Double booking???????????

:scared1:

Hurray for a mini-update! Pop is always so fun-looking -- we have only ever stayed there once, but I loved their food court and all the little nods to the different decades!

Love the mini update!! The pop pics look great!! What's this about double booking?!

My goodness! Where have I been? I didn't know you started! How embarrassing especially after that nice shout-out in your opening. :flower3: I have to go off to stupid work now but am looking forward to coming home tonight and catching up!!

It was so great to meet you and Denny! I'm so glad we were able to make it work! Already looking forward to next time... let's start planning F&W 2010! :thumbsup2

Your feet look much happier!

Not that we saw a picture of you looking oh-so fabulous but....

:)

Sleep is good. Especially with sore tootsies!

Double booking???????????

:scared1:

My feet felt fine again in the morning, but things quickly went downhill from there! :sad2:

Yes....I will tell you the double booking story tonight! It's coming. :surfweb:

Hurray for a mini-update! Pop is always so fun-looking -- we have only ever stayed there once, but I loved their food court and all the little nods to the different decades!

Pop really is so fun looking! I remember the first time I saw it. I was staying at CBR and I kept seeing this strange lights off in the distance. I finally realized that they were the blowling pins of the 50's building. So I took a run over there and was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. I thought it was so animated.

I really wanted to take pictures of all the shadow boxes in the main lobby, but I never got back there to do it. I spent so much time photographing other resorts and I neglected Pop a bit!

Love the mini update!! The pop pics look great!! What's this about double booking?!

Thanks! I will say that one area I really like at POP is the gift shop. I think the resort has one of the best gift shops and I love how it flows right into the food court. Smart.....very smart!

Double booking.....coming up tonight!

My goodness! Where have I been? I didn't know you started! How embarrassing especially after that nice shout-out in your opening. :flower3: I have to go off to stupid work now but am looking forward to coming home tonight and catching up!!

It was so great to meet you and Denny! I'm so glad we were able to make it work! Already looking forward to next time... let's start planning F&W 2010! :thumbsup2

:cool1::banana::cool1: Hey C - So glad you made it! It really was fun meeting you, too! I knew exactly who you were as soon as you walked in, which was so cool! Plus...I want everyone to know that as cute as you are in your pictures, you are even prettier in real life!!!!! :flower3:

I am certain I would like to do a food and wine trip next year. I know I can't leave the home front for a long trip, but I KNOW I can manage a 4 or 5 night trip! Hopefully there will be free dining again, because I'd rather do that then stay on points. I'm saving my points for a 2011 soccer mom's trip.

I always think POP looks so cool and well themed. Our DME pulled in there last November on the way to AKV, and my DH was like "DUH...what's this???"
:rotfl2: Good thing he didn't see it BEFORE we bought those DVC points!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I always think POP looks so cool and well themed. Our DME pulled in there last November on the way to AKV, and my DH was like "DUH...what's this???"
:rotfl2: Good thing he didn't see it BEFORE we bought those DVC points!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yikes! Now that's a scary thought! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: But seriously, that's what I really like about Disney. I love, love, love all the DVC digs (and one of these days I WILL stay at all of them), but I can quickly adapt to a value stay during the low season, especially if that's what my pocket book is calling for! :thumbsup2

Great mini-update! Loved it! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to your update tonight...double booking, huh? The plot thickens....:stir: :rotfl:

AAWWW!! I miss POP. :love: We really liked it there. Loved seeing your pics.

I have never heard of the word "Double Booking" before. I'm scared.:confused:

Great mini-update! Loved it! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to your update tonight...double booking, huh? The plot thickens....:stir: :rotfl:

Thanks! I am so behind right now. I am going to do another short post until my son gets home, then I am going to sleep. Things got a little crazy tonight. I was really hoping to get to the double booking part, but that will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

AAWWW!! I miss POP. :love: We really liked it there. Loved seeing your pics.

I have never heard of the word "Double Booking" before. I'm scared.:confused:

Pop is a pretty cool place. I regret not taking more pictures, but I did save a few more for later.

Ahhhhhh...not to worry......the double booking will make sense very soon.

Love Pop! Did you do the Hustle? ;)

Thanks Mickey Mom - now I am going to have that song stuck in my head for the next 24 hours! :rotfl2: No, I didn't actually "do" the Hustle, but I definately heard it played!

:rotfl2: LOL!! I just got this vision of Mary Ellen stand there rolling her arms and doing the one finger arm pump thing!!

do do, do do, do do do do do......
do do, do do, do do do do do
Do the Hustle.........

Thanks peeps. 11pm and I am ready to get up and do the hustle. :cool1: Yikes!

Yay for the Pop pics we stayed there in august and would def stay again! ;)

:woohoo:Welcome Nicole :woohoo:
I hope you had a great trip! I promise to head over and check out your trippie. I know what your say'in .....I could head right back to Pop tomorrow!

Double booking? Sounds illegal!:lmao:

I guess in WDW it is!!!!!!

You got me wondering about the double booking too.

But when Disney makes a mistake they try to make up for it big time so I'm hoping it all turns out to be in your best interest.

I think I might change this installment to, "Delusions of Grandeur". What made me think I was going to get a post in tonight? I forgot I needed to review all my music for the confirmation at our church tomorrow. That took way too long. I got started late because I spent the dinner hour in the medical aide unit because of Brian's "turf toe". :rotfl2: Oh I just cracked myself up when I thought about all the possible pictures Shocker could post to illustrate that.

Anyway - turf toe is exactly what it says - the great toe gets inflamed and irritated for stubbing into a turf field repeatedly. This doesn't happen as much on grass fields. Brian showed his toe to the athletic trainer who told him to get it checked pronto before the toe nail needed to be removed. So I took him to the medical aide unit. No need for toe nail removal now, but he did get started on antibiotics which required another 30 minutes waiting at the pharmacy.

The worst part .....there was this poor little girl (I'm guessing 6 or 7 yrs old) with the most horrendous cough sitting right near me. :sick: Not only did she sound like she was really sick, but that horrible cough got to be extremely annoying. Just when I thought we would never have to hear her again, guess who shows up in the same pharmacy with her presription. Yup. Little miss whooping cough. :scared1:

So instead of sitting at the computer with a glass of wine, I sat in the doctor's office and the pharmacy. It was not exactly the way I envisioned my evening.

So back to the story........DH and I decided to drive to Epcot. Why? Because we could. Epcot is so close to Pop...love it. We parked in the AAA lot near the kennel club. We arrived at Epcot shortly after park opening and breezed through the bag check and the turnstiles. My plan was pretty loose today. I wanted to ride Soarin, see stormchasers, have late breakfast (1055ADR at Cape May Cafe) and chill in the world showcase. I felt like we spent a good amount of time in Epcot during our June trip and I think we got to do all of future world. I felt like I could easily skip TT and MS plus all the other attractions like Nemo,ect. The only thing I had an interest in doing was Ellen's energy adventure. But even that was a "take it or leave it" visit.

As we were walking over to Soarin it was easy to see how empty the park was. Sorry - no pics to prove it - you'll just have to trust me on this. We reached Soarin around 9:15 and it was pretty empty outside Sunshine Seasons. Normally this area would be busting with people, but not today. We got Soarin FP's and then checked out the standby line which said 10 mins. We, well really I, decided....what the heck?????? Let's go Standby. Can I just tell you that this was my first time riding soarin in the non -fp line. I have never ridden on this side. It was fun just going back through the queue. There were a lot of newbies on the ride, so it was fun listening to their conversations.

After Soarin I felt a little sad because there was no "Living with the Land" to ride. Remember, my batteries went dead on this ride in June. I was hoping for some pics. Instead, I needed to settle for a few balloon pictures....

Sept2009-Disney125.jpg

Sept2009-Disney128.jpg

Our FP return time was after 1030. We left to go find this little attraction:

Sept2009-Disney136.jpg

On the way we took a few pics....

Sept2009-Disney133.jpg

Sept2009-Disney129.jpg

Storm Struck was cute and informative. It was very interactive like the fire safety game. You sit in a very small theatre and on the walls surrounding you is a house, garage, and trees. You watch a simulated storm wipe out a house and many of the items surrounding it. Then the show asked the audience how they would construct certain portions of the property to keep it from getting destroyed. Our audience did well. We answered 9 of 10 questions completely. Once our changes were implemented we saw how our new house and garage would hold up in a storm.

I liked this attraction. I think I really learned some good stuff here. I'm glad I made time for it.

By now its probably 10:30. Time to start making our way over the CMC for some yummy food.

Up next......Over booking explained.

Turf Toe is a new one to me. But then my kids are dancers and hockey players. No turf for them. I'm very familiar with coldbutitis. I get it often myself from sitting at the ice rinks.

Never heard of storm chasers. It sounds cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter