From China to Wine & Dine- A Nov 2013 'First' PTR (Trip Report Link)

So, as mentioned previously, we were playing up fake Easter so we could celebrate with family in Arizona.

Princess dutifully wrote out a note to the Easter bunny informing him that she was not in her usual adobe & would he please tell her if he was hiding eggs here for her.

This required the Easter Bunny write back . And the Easter Bunny may have groaned a bit at that. Because writing notes in the opposite hand that the Easter Bunny usually writes in takes FOREVER. Me thinks the Easter Bunny should go digital and send e-mails.

Minnie was up first and having no clue what the heck Easter was...was quite suprised to see a basket full of presents for her.

As you can see, the Easter Bunny is a Disney fan as well.

Soon enough, big sisters heard the commotion and awoke to find their treasures. Both sissys are big BIG pet shop toy fans. And so that is what the bunny brought them much to their delight!

Princess-

Stitch-

As mentioned above. The Easter Bunny returned Princess's note and told him he did indeed hide eggs for them to find. Happy girls!!!

After a succesful egg hunt, we had breakfast. And then went swimming.

After swimming..it was showers & Easter dresses. Matching, of course, because that's how momma rolls............

And off to Maricopa we went to my Aunt's for 'Easter Dinner'. And yet, another fun Egg Hunt!!! (or perhaps, who can find the scorpions under the rock hunt... that is a real possibility in central AZ).

Have I mentioned that I LOVE (like LOVE) these dresses they are wearing. I am going to get professional pics taken in them. Someday. Soon. If I get around to it... kinda thing...........

I attempted my own pictures. Which the girls were not really cooperative. And I tried to pose them by a cactus. And they were unhappy with that choice I made. But I still like the colors- even if they are not the BEST pictures of my girls.

My beautiful girl Stitch.

She's so striking to me... I come from a long line of brown eye'd people. It's a very dominant trait in my family going back generations. No one from that side has blue eyes. No one. And I figured my own children would not.... and I always envied blue eyes.

Along comes the hub who is the youngest of 6 of an Italian family. He happens to be the ONLY of the 6 with blue eyes (both parents are brown). We often joke he is mailman's son which may not be a stretch considering it's rumored his parents hated each other by the time he was born...... just sayin'.....

Anyways....... I still figured the odds were against any of my children having blue eyes. Lo and behold... Stitch came out...with striking blue eyes that stayed that color. And I absolutely LOVE them.

And that was a total tangent that no one really cares about. You are welcome.

Our Fake Easter was wonderful. Until the day we got home and Princesses friends broke it to her that Easter was not the prior week. Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do................

Oops. ;)

OH, I love those dresses too! They are such a nice hue of blue (boy, that rhymed without intent). Your "fake" Easter looks great. I would be scared of all the bugs and scorpions in the yard. When I saw the girls in flip flops I freaked out a bit. I hate the bugs in Maine and they aren't poisionous! :scared1: Your trip sounds so nice!

Fellow Nov '13 planner here, had to check in. I think our trips will overlap.

Your girls are adorable.

I love your fake Easter. We celebrated Easter at my brother's in Texas and kept joking about finding a scorpian in a plastic egg. Not someting we are use to in NJ. Alas, we found no scorpian.

OH, I love those dresses too! They are such a nice hue of blue (boy, that rhymed without intent). Your "fake" Easter looks great. I would be scared of all the bugs and scorpions in the yard. When I saw the girls in flip flops I freaked out a bit. I hate the bugs in Maine and they aren't poisionous! :scared1: Your trip sounds so nice!

Thanks!

And funny thing is- my aunt said 'we havn't seen scorpions since we moved here' and then not a week ago her facebook status said 'we found our first wild rattler in our backyard'. I think that's slightly worse than finding the scorpion. :)

Fellow Nov '13 planner here, had to check in. I think our trips will overlap.

Your girls are adorable.

I love your fake Easter. We celebrated Easter at my brother's in Texas and kept joking about finding a scorpian in a plastic egg. Not someting we are use to in NJ. Alas, we found no scorpian.

Hi!! :welcome:

So great to meet another Nov. Disser. Havn't found too many hanging around......When are you heading down? You are from NJ so are you doing Jersey week? Got your ADR's set? I am working on my spreadsheet of days so I can get those ready to go SOON! Yhea!!!!

Joining in!
We'll be in WDW a few weeks before your run and Minnie's first trip. Loving your PTR so far and I'm looking forward to reading more :)

Joining in!
We'll be in WDW a few weeks before your run and Minnie's first trip. Loving your PTR so far and I'm looking forward to reading more :)

Hi!!!! :welcome:

Thanks! Looks like you are warming up the Beach Club before I arrive for the run? :) I'll have to check out your trip report. (work- what is work? when there is DIS.....)

Loving fake Easter!!! :lmao: I especially love the color of the dresses for the girls! :lovestruc Looks like a great time, even if it was on the wrong day. ;) Now...GET RUNNING before I have to crack the whip on you!

I just realized I didn't post it, but wanted to say your three girls all in the same dresses are adorable!

The matching dresses are adorable! I love making my two match, and three is even more precious.

Fake Easter sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Loving fake Easter!!! :lmao: I especially love the color of the dresses for the girls! :lovestruc Looks like a great time, even if it was on the wrong day. ;) Now...GET RUNNING before I have to crack the whip on you!

I got myself back up to 3.1 last week. Finally. Took way too long. But I'm there. Now just to keep pushing.......... And cool smiley!!! I need that one for when I text my husband to do stuff around the house!!! Ha!!! :)

I just realized I didn't post it, but wanted to say your three girls all in the same dresses are adorable!

Gracias.

The matching dresses are adorable! I love making my two match, and three is even more precious.

Fake Easter sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Thanks! You are back from your solo trip? Can't wait to see an update........

Time to wrap this sucka up. I got actual planning to do here with my ADR window coming up QUICKLY.

So with no further ado... I give you. The last day of our Spring Break.

Also known as... my birthday. Woo.

Now, I generally just really don't care about my birthday. I generally look several decades younger than I am (it's more annoying than one would think to CONSTANTLY be carded....or ask for ID to buy a lotto ticket).

Every year I think... this will be it. I will officially LOOK my age. Doesn't happen. Then again- my mother is 65 and everyone thinks she is my sister. And she constantly gets carded for the senior discount. So I don't think it's going away.........

But here it is... Happy Birthday to me! Courtesy of my mother. Because no one does birthdays like mommas....

She also treated me to a massage. And possibly got in a fender bender getting those balloons which are now referred to the hundreds of dollars balloons. Oops.

I enjoyed them mom... I did... :)

She helped my kidlets make me a cake. We will gloss over the fact that my husband told her HIS favorite type of cake (funfetti with white) and not mine. I don't happen to like funetti with white. I'm more of a yellow cake with chocolate frosting type.... but since my kids decorated it. I loved it... .

Also. Go Cubs. (No comments from the probably known Cardinal Fan who reads this).

The FINE photography skills of father. Who basically sucks at taking pictures. This was the best of the bunch when I asked him to take a picture of me with my girls......

Nice Balloon Pops. Nice Balloon. I didn't say me, my girls and the balloon. Just sayin'.

Anyways....

I was also asked what I wanted to do. That was easy. My favoritest hike in Arizona. In the White Tank Mountains. I call it the 'Waterfall Hike". I think it's actually called... well...'The Waterfall Hike". So not really a stretch there.

I love this hike. My kids like it because there is a teeny tiny trickle of a waterfall at the end & they can totally stand in it. It's not too far & kid friendly.

So that is where we headed......

Oh Minnie SO has Daddy's number......

It was very hot. But that didn't stop these two from being posers.

Little Miss, not to be outdown by her sister, wanted to roll up her shirt as well. And please also notice the necklace. Um.. what can I say.. this girl LOVES her jewelry. And it's worn ALL THE TIME. Even on hot desert hikes....

Hitting the trail with the Grankas....

Of course Stitch located about 100 lizards. So I took a pic for her of one...

She was also pretty desperate to find a rattler and was so disappointed to not find one. (I did see one on this very trail years before).

While hiking.. one should always... well... take a phone call.

I post this soley because my mother is the type to constanly make comments about 'technology' and 'kids today'. And yet, here she is.. taking her call on our hike in the desert. Make me laugh!!!

We made it to the waterfall!!!

Is this not seriously the cutest cowgirl EVER?????

Yup, the necklace DOES have Princess Rapunzel on. Duh. Disney rules!!

This is her with Granka BHS. That's Before Heat Stroke. Granka that is.. not Minnie......

Here they are with Granka PHS. That's Post Heat Stroke.

Granka did NOT do a good job of drinking his water on the hike!!!!

Daddy with his girl. Waiting for the other two to get out of the waterfall pool.

Awww. Us.

Awww. One more of us.

Gram with her girls.......

We made it back down. Granka didn't faint. We fixed him up with some Advil and Gatorade...and all was well. And I got to choose dinner.

I, of course, chose Mexican. Why? Because my family is the worlds' biggest bunch of unadventerous eaters EVER INVENTED and they all hate Mexican. And I LOVE it. So I always pick it for my birthday dinner. Because they all have to go & no one can complain.

And because there are margaritas.

Where I get carded.

Happy Birthday to me.

It was a great great birthday (outside of the heat stroke and hundreds of dollars balloons). And a great end to our Spring Break. We love you Arizona in March. You rock. Thanks for being good to us.

See, bloomin' cacti.
Love to see this in March.

The end.

Real life ensues. And I got a trip to plan!!! ADR thoughts coming up in the next few days. I know ya all can hardly wait.

It is so funny how your girls like to pose. Especially your oldest. So cute!! And....:bday: even though those are the most expensive flowers I've ever heard of!! Ouch! Good for you for choosing Mexican. It is your birthday after all. You should get what you wanted since the cake didn't work out so well.

That was such a nice mini-trip report. I'm glad you had such a nice time! Now get to work on those ADR's!!!!!:thumbsup2

I always pick Mexican too...definitely the margaritas play a factor in that! :lmao:

Great TR! Love the hiking pics, uh...your dad might wanna learn to aim a bit before he clicks...nice balloon though! LOL! Looks like it was a great trip!

I can't wait to hear more about your ADR plans and your RUNNING PLANS!!!!!!! Ahem! ;)

It is so funny how your girls like to pose. Especially your oldest. So cute!! And....:bday: even though those are the most expensive flowers I've ever heard of!! Ouch! Good for you for choosing Mexican. It is your birthday after all. You should get what you wanted since the cake didn't work out so well.

That was such a nice mini-trip report. I'm glad you had such a nice time! Now get to work on those ADR's!!!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks! :goodvibes I do need to get on those ADRS - I feel the pressure of the ADR!!!! Ahhhh!!!! I have a ideas (of course I do- I'm totally Type A!!!) just need to make sure I'm ok with park days AND that I get all I want in there!!!!

I always pick Mexican too...definitely the margaritas play a factor in that! :lmao:

Great TR! Love the hiking pics, uh...your dad might wanna learn to aim a bit before he clicks...nice balloon though! LOL! Looks like it was a great trip!

I can't wait to hear more about your ADR plans and your RUNNING PLANS!!!!!!! Ahem! ;)

My running plans. My running plans. Well, you know I made it to 4 yesterday! And I FINALLY got around to getting running shoes yesterday. I desperatly needed new ones but I kept spending that money elsewhere! I'm kinda excited to try them out today. But not sure I"ll go far since I did 4 yesterday and that was a stretch for me........

Thanks! :goodvibes I do need to get on those ADRS - I feel the pressure of the ADR!!!! Ahhhh!!!! I have a ideas (of course I do- I'm totally Type A!!!) just need to make sure I'm ok with park days AND that I get all I want in there!!!!

My running plans. My running plans. Well, you know I made it to 4 yesterday! And I FINALLY got around to getting running shoes yesterday. I desperatly needed new ones but I kept spending that money elsewhere! I'm kinda excited to try them out today. But not sure I"ll go far since I did 4 yesterday and that was a stretch for me........

Ooooh, new shoes!!! What kind did you get? I definitely would do a couple shorter runs after the 4 and especially to break in your new shoes! :thumbsup2

Ooooh, new shoes!!! What kind did you get? I definitely would do a couple shorter runs after the 4 and especially to break in your new shoes! :thumbsup2

THey are Adidas Performance Supernova. I tried on about 4 pairs the guy brought me after studying my running & found these the most comfortable. I'm a little worried I bypassed the Brooks since everyone raves about them. But these just felt better......

I just did 2 miles & it all seemed ok. So.... hopefully....it's a :thumbsup2

I am quickly coming up on my ADR reservation time. So I guess it's best that I buckle down and figure out what exactly I want to do for food here!!!

Let me preface this with.. my family is the most boring eaters ever. Like . EVER. So I always have to keep that in mind when planning food.

Here we go.....

Pre-Family arrival (AKA That pesky little thing called the 13.1 mile run!)

The days leading up to the hub & the kidlets arriving. This will be with my sis-in-law & my best friend/cuz.

Saturday 11/9: No dining plans. Will probably do quick service. This is day of race.

Sunday 11/10:

Lunch: We are staying at Beach Club Villas so obvious choice here is:

(picture from web)

Beaches and Cream. I have not eaten here since 2001. Am looking forward to it.

Later: I am VERY VERY excited to try out Jellyrolls. I LOVE piano songs! (Billy Joel is someone I could very well consider as my favorite performer/singer- saw him & Elton together in concert twice and both times were amazing!) And I LOVE piano bars. It's the hubby's and my choice of venue way back when prior to children when we actually WENT out. We were never clubbers...and prefer the piano bar!

(picture from web)

Monday 11/11:

We are doing the unthinkable. And heading off-property to Universal. I am a Huge HUGE Potter fan as are my traveling companions. And my cuz has never gotten to go to the great World of Wizarding. So we are going.

"Levioso sister"

Not sure that we'll actaully 'eat' anywhere special. But you can bet your buttons we'll have lots of Butterbeer.

Some pics from 2011 when we went!

Tuesday 11/12:
Sis-in-Law & Cuz leave. Fam arrives. We check into AKV. I plan to probably hit Epcot alone. Since I'm unsure of arrival times of fam... I am unsure of dining here. I may do Saana by myself at AKV here.... or Norway QS, France QS here........... up in air currently.

Wed 11/13: MK
I have to start my vacay in MK. Always!!

Lunch: Be Our Guest

Gotta try it. Hype, long lines, yucky food choices and all!!!

Thur 11/14: EPCOT
Breakfast: Norway Princesses.(I can't spell it, so I don't try!!)

I got a little Minnie that adores Princess. Therefore this is a must.

I have no pictures from there. So you will have to do with pics from Cindy's Royal Breakfast way back in 2008.

Holy cow, look how stinkin' cute those girls are!!! They grow up too fast!

This may have been the only time Stitch wore a princess dress. Ever. However, as you can see, Princess not only lived in that dress.. but got the 'pose' down as well. Princess IS a Princess after all. Still is!

Dinner- Garden Grill with a fellow Disser skier-pete and family! Fun times! I've never been & am excited to try this. Plus it knocks off Mickey, the Chipmunks & Pluto off our list!!

(picture from web)

Friday- 11/15:
Hollywood Studios

Lunch: Prime Time.

Dinner: Possibly late Sci-Fi. Not sure I want two sit downs in one day- on top of each other. But this will be our only day in this park.

Saturday- 11/16:
Animal Kingdom & Downtown Disney

No ADRS for Animal Kingdom Park

Dinner: T-Rex. We got a HUGE dino lover in the fam (Stitch). So this is a must.

Sunday- 11/17:
Back to MK

Breakfast: POSSIBLY (very slim) of trying Crystal Palace

Dinner: Hoop Dee Do. Long on my list of things to try. I'm gonna do it this year!!

Monday- 11/18:Back to Epcot

Breakfast: My favorite of all Character Breakfasts. Ohana. I just love this one!

Dinner: Tepan Edo. This is a requirement for the hubby even though we have Benihana's down the street. Gotta give him one choice, you know!!

Tuesday 11/19:Departure Day

Unsure of times here as of now. Thinking Boma Breakfast at resort.

And there you go! ADR 2013. What do y'all think? Any inserts or removals?

Hey hey! I get a shout-out in your PTR! :cool1: I think you guys will really love Garden Grill. We've been there twice and really enjoyed the food both times. The rotating restaurant part is neater for the kiddos than for the adults, but the character interaction is usually pretty top-notch. It's not a real big location, so the characters don't really blow through so quick that they

I don't really have any issues with your ADRs, but I DO have an issue with your trip - I don't think you are devoting enough time to your resort. You are staying at AKV after-all! You gotta spend some time by the pool and enjoying the animals.

Also, are you at Kidani or Jambo. If at Kidani, you really should take advantage of Saana, though you mention that your family are not adventurous eaters, so maybe not the best choice, but we LOVE the food there! We were not as impressed with Boma, though didn't try it for breakfast.

Hey hey! I get a shout-out in your PTR! :cool1: I think you guys will really love Garden Grill. We've been there twice and really enjoyed the food both times. The rotating restaurant part is neater for the kiddos than for the adults, but the character interaction is usually pretty top-notch. It's not a real big location, so the characters don't really blow through so quick that they

I don't really have any issues with your ADRs, but I DO have an issue with your trip - I don't think you are devoting enough time to your resort. You are staying at AKV after-all! You gotta spend some time by the pool and enjoying the animals.

Also, are you at Kidani or Jambo. If at Kidani, you really should take advantage of Saana, though you mention that your family are not adventurous eaters, so maybe not the best choice, but we LOVE the food there! We were not as impressed with Boma, though didn't try it for breakfast.

We are at Kidani. I am thinking of gong to Saana by myself on the Tuesday before my family arrives (when I check in).

And I know, I know.. I need to work more time in at the resort. Thinking maybe that some of those 2nd day parks (like 2nd day at Epcot) we will maybe spend time at the resort. I dunno.... I got to relook at that...... now... before I put in the ADRS.

I think your line-up is sounding pretty great.

Sound good? Or looking tasty? :) Hahahaha!!!! I'm hungry and so re-reading my choices makes me hungrier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter