From Certifiably Insane to Shockingly Lucid: 10/20 - TR Link Posted, We're Back!!!

I also started putting together my "Disney box" today. I stole this idea from KathyRN :goodvibes

Puh-leez! Me and half the DIS-boards!! :laughing:

Basically, it provided me with one central location to keep everything that I plan on packing. From costume components, to travel sized toiletries to earbuds for my iPOD, the box is already overflowing...

I'm planning on mailing the bulkier costume items (like four pirate hats!) to the resort. Mail a box addressed to yourself, include your dates of stay on the label. Ask for it at check-in and you can pick it up with your KTTW cards! :thumbsup2

I've done this on every Disney trip and it works out well. . . plus, you've got the box with you in your room so you can use it as a convenient spot to corral all the purchases :rolleyes1 you make during your vacation.

Kathy

Puh-leez! Me and half the DIS-boards!! :laughing:

I honestly have never heard of such a box before. Usually I start loading stuff into my suitcase a while in advance----but a box? Never. I like the idea, since we are only doing carry-ons and didn't really have anything big enough as a central packing location/container.

I'm planning on mailing the bulkier costume items (like four pirate hats!) to the resort. Mail a box addressed to yourself, include your dates of stay on the label. Ask for it at check-in and you can pick it up with your KTTW cards! :thumbsup2

I've done this on every Disney trip and it works out well. . . plus, you've got the box with you in your room so you can use it as a convenient spot to corral all the purchases :rolleyes1 you make during your vacation.

Kathy

That's a great idea! I am already mailing my tripod (and paying to have CSR receive it :rolleyes:) so I might as well toss in some odds and ends like sunscreen and various costume components to ease up the load in our carry-ons. Maybe I'll even put my pins in there, since I'm super paranoid that TSA won't allow me to carry them on and I'll have to throw a couple hundred bucks in the trash. :eek:

Ok I just sat here and read this entire trip thread and you have me seriously more excited than I was before. I thought I would join this thread since there is a small chance I will be in the actual trip part of the report ... I was happy to read you will be wearing a dress to MNSSHP .. might give me a slight advantage during the mud wrestling bout to get my 10.5mm back in time to shoot HalloWishes :lmao:

Ok I just sat here and read this entire trip thread and you have me seriously more excited than I was before. I thought I would join this thread since there is a small chance I will be in the actual trip part of the report ... I was happy to read you will be wearing a dress to MNSSHP .. might give me a slight advantage during the mud wrestling bout to get my 10.5mm back in time to shoot HalloWishes :lmao:

Wow, Karyl---you have a lot of time on your hands tonight, huh?? ;)

Thanks for stopping in. You most definitely will be part of the TR, so it's good of you to check in every once in a while to see what I'm eventually writing about you. Could be good, could be not so good. Bwahahahaha!! ::insert evil smiley here::

Like I said, we can call off any mud wrestling---I'm going to use the 10.5 for Wishes the night before (at least I hope to), that way you can experiment with it for HalloWishes. I mean cmon---it's your lens, who am I to hog it? :cutie:

Less than two weeks now!! Glad to see this TR helped you to get excited and provided some sort of brief weekend entertainment. :thumbsup2

Thanks for stopping in. You most definitely will be part of the TR, so it's good of you to check in every once in a while to see what I'm eventually writing about you. Could be good, could be not so good. Bwahahahaha!! ::insert evil smiley here::

Like I said, we can call off any mud wrestling---I'm going to use the 10.5 for Wishes the night before (at least I hope to), that way you can experiment with it for HalloWishes. I mean cmon---it's your lens, who am I to hog it? :cutie:

Less than two weeks now!! Glad to see this TR helped you to get excited and provided some sort of brief weekend entertainment. :thumbsup2

Mud wrestling? You are bringing a video camera, right? :rotfl:

LOL I did have some time on my hands tonight and somehow managed to get sucked into this thread and couldnt get out. Actually I didnt have so much time as much as I just needed a break from PP photos. I shot ummmmmmmmmmm <cough cough> 700+ photos the past two days. The first 200+ were pictures of an adorable grandson of my friend. Then this morning I shot another 200+ for another friend whose daughter and granddaughters are in town from North Carolina. I had just got back from that and realized our small town Halloween parade was today at 2:30 so I hopped back in the car, went and staked out a good spot and shot another almost 300 pics of the parade ... needless to say I have a few evenings of PP ahead of me.

Its hard to believe there is only one weekend left between now and our trips to the World ... It seems like just last week that I decided to take a solo trip and now its almost here :yay::yay:

Yes, that counts! :lmao:

Have you used the D90s HD video? Does it work well?

Nope, haven't used it at all. Not big on video---we don't have any kids yet so there really isn't much I have an interest in recording. From what I understand, it takes very nice video, but it doesn't continually focus so you have to do so while shooting. I'm sooo not interested in doing that.

Nope, haven't used it at all. Not big on video---we don't have any kids yet so there really isn't much I have an interest in recording. From what I understand, it takes very nice video, but it doesn't continually focus so you have to do so while shooting. I'm sooo not interested in doing that.

Continuous manual focus? No thanks! Maybe you could set the lens to infinity?I doubt I'd use it much either.

I called out of work today. I didn't pretend to be sick, I didn't fake a cough or sniffle when I called out---I just couldn't go in. I needed a mental health day, as I like to call them.

This weekend was very productive in terms of house cleaning and trip prepping. We got most of the upstairs sorted/packed away/cleaned and straightened up the downstairs. The real cleaning part (the dusting, sweeping, last minute straightening, dishes, etc.) will be done next weekend/week before we leave.

Here's the thing about me. In my normal everyday life, I'm a bit unorganized and a bit lazy when it comes to keeping the house super tidy. It's not a total mess or anything, but definitely wouldn't pass the Mary Poppins white glove test. BUT, all that goes out the window when we're about to leave for a trip. There are few things I like more than coming home to a nice clean house after a vacation. I love not having to worry about anything for the first few days after we are back. It's nice and definitely helps ease me back into the real world.

So anywho, today I decided that I wanted to do some more pre-vacation stuff, as well as just take a day to relax. It seems like recently between work, vacation prepping, etc. I just haven't had the time to really sit around and do nothing and I stongly believe that's something we should all do every once in a while.

I didn't sleep in today, but I did get our ADRs/dining credit situation worked out, I added the DME for our December trip, I called up CSR to figure out where we ship a package and how much it'll cost (my tripod), I cut the grass, cleaned the bathroom and did some dishes. I also started to organize my "Disney box" and lots of other fun stuff.

All in all the day wasn't very relaxing at all, but it was productive and was definitely more fun than being at work, for sure.

Only 9.5 more work days until we leave for Disney!! :woohoo:

I called out of work today. I didn't pretend to be sick, I didn't fake a cough or sniffle when I called out---I just couldn't go in. I needed a mental health day, as I like to call them.

This weekend was very productive in terms of house cleaning and trip prepping. We got most of the upstairs sorted/packed away/cleaned and straightened up the downstairs. The real cleaning part (the dusting, sweeping, last minute straightening, dishes, etc.) will be done next weekend/week before we leave.

Here's the thing about me. In my normal everyday life, I'm a bit unorganized and a bit lazy when it comes to keeping the house super tidy. It's not a total mess or anything, but definitely wouldn't pass the Mary Poppins white glove test. BUT, all that goes out the window when we're about to leave for a trip. There are few things I like more than coming home to a nice clean house after a vacation. I love not having to worry about anything for the first few days after we are back. It's nice and definitely helps ease me back into the real world.

So anywho, today I decided that I wanted to do some more pre-vacation stuff, as well as just take a day to relax. It seems like recently between work, vacation prepping, etc. I just haven't had the time to really sit around and do nothing and I stongly believe that's something we should all do every once in a while.

I didn't sleep in today, but I did get our ADRs/dining credit situation worked out, I added the DME for our December trip, I called up CSR to figure out where we ship a package and how much it'll cost (my tripod), I cut the grass, cleaned the bathroom and did some dishes. I also started to organize my "Disney box" and lots of other fun stuff.

All in all the day wasn't very relaxing at all, but it was productive and was definitely more fun than being at work, for sure.

Only 9.5 more work days until we leave for Disney!! :woohoo:

Yay for lazy productivity! Life is better when you can do everything in jammies!

Yay for lazy productivity! Life is better when you can do everything in jammies!

I couldn't agree more. PJs and bare feet all day every day would be the life for me.

all caught up! great find on the dress....and now heading to the dining report.. :)

I appreciate that you are catching up on my PTRs, but we need photos and dining reviews from your trip! I'm getting antsy!! :hyper: :hyper: :rotfl2:

Oh..........my...........gosh..........

we are only 10 (almost 9) mother effing days away from our trip!!!

It hadn't set in yet, but I think it just did when I got an e-mail from Disney telling me I could do online check-in for our trip. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I can't freakin believe it's almost time. I'm excited, maybe even too excited to sleep tonight. ;)

On a trip planning note, I went out to Party City tonight and found some costume components, which is such a load off because I was really starting to get stressed about the costumes coming together. I bought DH a dixie cup cap, since we couldn't find one of his official Navy hats. He dug up some of his uniforms and now his costume is set.

My costume, on the other hand, I need some input on. I have a dress that I'm fringing up and fringe flip flops, as well as a beaded necklace and bracelet, but I'm a little stumped on the headband/headdress situation.

At Party City today, I bought a headband that looks similar to this:

2_Feather_Head_Band.JPG

I also bought another that looks similar to this:

LA_3571_MI.jpg

The first, to me, looks more like something a woman would wear. The second, looks more like something an Indian Chief would wear. Now, I am a woman, so I have a tendency to like the first best. BUT I am dressing as a Village Person, who were all men, so the second seems to make more sense.

What do you guys think??

So did you actually check in online?

I think I like the second set of feathers, but I'm a guy. :rotfl:

So did you actually check in online?

I think I like the second set of feathers, but I'm a guy. :rotfl:

I did check-in online. I wasn't going to because secretly I thought to myself "if I check-in with a person, maybe they'll see it's my birthday today and give me an upgraded room", but then I decided that whatever happens, we're still in Disney and I'll at the very least get what I paid for, so no biggie.

I like the second set of feathers also, they're just huge. They must stand a foot and a half higher than my head and I can only imagine that might be annoying for me, and for the guests behind me on whatever rides we do.

Hmmmmmmmm.

I loved online check in when we did it. They also gave us a very close room to everything so who knows if we got some pixie dust thrown in there. :)

As for the headdresses... the first one is cute! I think it'll be easier to manage in the parks. The 2nd one is awesome but I think it might get annoying after awhile. :)

I promise I'm close to getting a first installment of a TR soon! :)

I loved online check in when we did it. They also gave us a very close room to everything so who knows if we got some pixie dust thrown in there. :)

I promise I'm close to getting a first installment of a TR soon! :)

Yeah, online checkin was really smooth for me too. We got what we requested, and that's all I was really hoping for.

The word "soon" always reminds me of Spaceballs. "When will then be now?" "Soon." "How soon?"

Alright folks, it's that time already. "What time is that?" you may be thinking. Well I'll tell ya, it's time for....

THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!

(The "Cabbage Patch" is my personal fave)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I can't believe that in only 9 short days, we'll finally be there. We'll get to see the new rooms at CSR. We'll get to have dinner at bluezoo. We'll get to see the MK for the first time in over 2 years. We'll get to celebrate my birthday in Disney!

I'm going to be a frazzled mess for the next 9 days, but I know it'll all be worth it in the end. :cloud9:

....so excited....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter