• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Cast Member to Annual Passholder! Updated 03/14/16

Ugh, I can't see your pictures anymore!!! :sad: I think I have to upgrade something on my computer......time for DH to have a look lol!!
Glad you're enjoying learning the Starbucks routine! I think I mentioned DH is a district manager for Starbucks. I know you technically don't work for them but they're a great company :thumbsup2 I told him what you learned your first couple days :)

Hmm, might have to try Chefs again! We ate there in 2012 and thought it was just ok, but I've seen quite a few really good reviews lately. The kids enjoyed it back then, they still had Remy there.

Looks like you're having an amazing time! I hope we can wave at you when we go to the World in June!!!!

I sure am! I hope to see you in June!

Loving following along with all of your new excitement. So thrilled that your following your dreams and having a wonderful time. Look forward to your upcoming posts. CONGRATULATIONS.

Glad you are here, and thank you for following along!!

That food looks amazing

Everything has been delicious!
So what does the grey stuff taste like?
It takes like a cookies and cream mousse.
Looks like you are having a blast!
I am!
Yes I'm curious about what the grey stuff tastes like too!! It is funny that it's become such a "thing". Still loving reading along with your adventures!! Also, learning about all that coffee would be fun...do you get to taste all the drinks too?

The best I can describe is like a cookies and cream mousse!

Learning all of drink recipes can be difficult at times, but it is fun and the trainers are very helpful! We do get to taste the drinks, which is great! LOTS OF CAFFEINE!
Ugh, I can't see your pictures anymore!!! :sad: I think I have to upgrade something on my computer......time for DH to have a look lol!!
Glad you're enjoying learning the Starbucks routine! I think I mentioned DH is a district manager for Starbucks. I know you technically don't work for them but they're a great company :thumbsup2 I told him what you learned your first couple days :)

Hmm, might have to try Chefs again! We ate there in 2012 and thought it was just ok, but I've seen quite a few really good reviews lately. The kids enjoyed it back then, they still had Remy there.

I had to upload my Photobucket account! Apparently my photos were getting a lot of views so I had to upgrade! (Not a bad thing!!!)

I have been enjoying learning the "Starbucks Routine" and doing it the "Disney Way"! That is awesome that he is a DM for Starbucks! That was my first experience at Les Chefs and I was really pleased with the friendliness of the waitstaff and my dish was excellent!!

I had to upload my Photobucket account! Apparently my photos were getting a lot of views so I had to upgrade! (Not a bad thing!!!)

I have been enjoying learning the "Starbucks Routine" and doing it the "Disney Way"! That is awesome that he is a DM for Starbucks! That was my first experience at Les Chefs and I was really pleased with the friendliness of the waitstaff and my dish was excellent!!

YAY!! Now I see them :cool:

So excited for your report! It looks like you are having an amazing time and meeting lots of new people! Such a brave and wonderful thing to just up and go! I love Starbucks so can't wait to read more!!

Wow you sure I doing many things around the world.

Your meals look really good, we have done BOG for lunch only so far and really enjoyed it

Epcot would be a great park to work in, so much to explore after work.

So fun reading about your Disney fun. How cool would it be if, after reading and following this, you make my Starbucks in October when we are there for vacation! :) Maybe you'll be a princess by then.

Glad you got to eat at BOG! We had dinner there Sept. 2013 and I loved it! Just an amazing atmosphere and of course great food. Sounds like you're having a great time and I'm really enjoying reading this!

So excited for your report! It looks like you are having an amazing time and meeting lots of new people! Such a brave and wonderful thing to just up and go! I love Starbucks so can't wait to read more!!
Glad to have you here!!!
Wow you sure I doing many things around the world.

Your meals look really good, we have done BOG for lunch only so far and really enjoyed it

Epcot would be a great park to work in, so much to explore after work.
It is a great park, I'm so proud to work at it!
So fun reading about your Disney fun. How cool would it be if, after reading and following this, you make my Starbucks in October when we are there for vacation! :) Maybe you'll be a princess by then.
That would be wonderful if I could make your drink in October!

That sounds delicious indeed :)
It was!
Glad you got to eat at BOG! We had dinner there Sept. 2013 and I loved it! Just an amazing atmosphere and of course great food. Sounds like you're having a great time and I'm really enjoying reading this!

Glad you are enjoying the read!

Days 3 and 4 of Training!

Training has been absolutely wonderful. There are times when I mess up of course, but I have just been blessed by meeting the most amazing coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and my trainer said she is so happy I am joining the team which is always so nice to hear!

Yesterday we had part one of our skills assessments and I did pretty good! I'm getting down making the drinks, the recipes are the harder to remember but I'll get it! After work I just went home to go for a run, and I just watched television until it was time for bed.

Today we had more skills tests and we just had an absolute blast, we were practicing on the registers and calling out beverages and practice closing the restaurant. I have never had so much fun at a job!! I have gotten along so well with everyone so far and I'm really happy!

I am so excited about the choice I made to move here and I am just in love with every second of my life! I can't wait to get to my work location and start making magic for my guests!!

So happy that it's going so well for you!! I'm sure learning everything is overwhelming at first but soon it will all be second nature.

Day 5 of Training!

Today was definitely the best/most stressful day of training so far! It was the last day of our "Coffee Lab" week before we start on the job training next week. We all had to rotate through all of the stations: POS (register), Guest, Hot Bar (Latte's/Espresso machines), and Cold Bar (Frappuchinos/Smoothies/Shaken Teas). The goal was to make at least 1 perfect drink each time we were on Hot and Cold Bar otherwise we would not meet the minimum and we wouldn't pass the final assessment. I was actually really proud of myself because I did really well on each of the sections! I was very happy at the end to hear that I passed and would be moving on to the next portion! I actually really enjoy the routine and the steps of this job. I think I am really going to love it! I just want to support my team and do the best that I can so that I can maybe become a trainer or move up on the ladder!

Yay!! My family will be there in October, and if you're still there, I'm sure I'll run into you. I live in the NW and we're a bit addicted to coffee up here. Since I've read your story, I've dreamt about working at Disney. What a dream come true!

Way to go on doing so well!! You are so positive about everything you are bound to do amazing there. And what a fun atmosphere is sounds like.

Congrats on moving on. It's great that they give u so much hands on training before they send you out to the masses. By far better customer training I have heard of in a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter