From Cast Member to Annual Passholder! Updated 03/14/16

Congrats on passing your final assessment!
Thank you!! :goodvibes
Congrats on living you dream. I have enjoyed reading your reviews
Thank you! Glad you're enjoying the read!! :cheer2:
Yay!! My family will be there in October, and if you're still there, I'm sure I'll run into you. I live in the NW and we're a bit addicted to coffee up here. Since I've read your story, I've dreamt about working at Disney. What a dream come true!
Well I hope to see you come October! Thank you for following along! :thumbsup2
Congratulations on living your dream! I love reading about your days.
Thank you!! :cool1:
Congrats on moving on. It's great that they give u so much hands on training before they send you out to the masses. By far better customer training I have heard of in a long time.
It really was great, I had no idea what to expect but it was definitely a great week of training!

Do you train at night or do they have another place set up for training?
That's a great question! Disney actually has a "coffee lab" set up at another location just specifically used for training new Disney Starbucks cast members. I was pretty impressed by that, and thought it was a great idea!

Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom Fun!

This past weekend was really, really, really mobbed at all of the parks. I mean I saw wait times for Pirates of the Caribbean shoot to 85 minutes and for Spaceship Earth to 60 minutes. All of the big ticket attractions were 100+ minute waits. I was really surprised. I suppose it was a mixture of Valentine's Day and President's Day, but I have really never seen the parks so busy this time of year.

The UK Pavilion literally has THE BEST Fish and Chips I've ever tasted. Definitely worth the price! (And the view?!)

Cinderella's Cupcake! This was a vanilla cupcake with sweet icing and it was delicious! Happy to say I finally got my cupcake from Starring Rolls Cafe!

I know it's nerdy, but I had to meet some princesses! (The wait was only 20 minutes!)

Delurking to say that I love your trip report and am enjoying learning more about DCP. thanks for taking the time to update when I know you must be so busy!

Wow those are some crazy wait times. You're lucky that you know you can come back another day when it isn't so nuts. That cupcake and fish and chips looks awesome. Makes me want them right now!

Absolutely loving this report it looks like your having an amazing time cant wait to hear more!

Glad things are going so wellbandbyou are happy with your position - and congratulations on doing so well with your assessment! :goodvibes

I'd say that is a pretty good view with your fish and chips:thumbsup2

I can't believe those wait times :scared1: We were there last year for Valentines/Presidents weekend and it was definitely not that bad! Looks like you managed to have fun anyway :jumping3:

Do you know yet when you start working in the store? Hoping you're there when we come down in 13 days!

Great training and so nice that you get things down before meeting the mass of customers. So my question is who drinks all those drinks and can you sleep after a day of testing all those yummy drinks?

I definitely want to follow your journey as I really want to work at WDW as well as a cast member, can't wait to hear all about your experiences!! Best of luck and I sent you a friend request on FB!!

I'm glad all is going well with you! We just came back today. We were there for the President's weekend (and week!) crowds! As always, such a great time. We were sad to leave today!

Busy times! Glad your last day went well and yum to the fish and chips and cupcakes!

Hi Robin! I'm finally all caught up and subscribing. I've also found you on Instagram! (Nemweh) I'm loving your report so far! Can't wait to see the rest of your adventures!

Delurking to say that I love your trip report and am enjoying learning more about DCP. thanks for taking the time to update when I know you must be so busy!
You are very welcome, glad to have you following along!:goodvibes
Wow those are some crazy wait times. You're lucky that you know you can come back another day when it isn't so nuts. That cupcake and fish and chips looks awesome. Makes me want them right now!
Everything I have eaten here so far has been wonderful!!!
I love the look of that cupcake. I will need to check it out in about 12 more days.
I would highly recommend it!!
Absolutely loving this report it looks like your having an amazing time cant wait to hear more!
So glad you are enjoying!!

Glad things are going so wellbandbyou are happy with your position - and congratulations on doing so well with your assessment! :goodvibes

I'd say that is a pretty good view with your fish and chips:thumbsup2
Thank you so much! :goodvibes
Nothing nerdy about Princesses - do what makes you happy!
:thumbsup2
Great training and so nice that you get things down before meeting the mass of customers. So my question is who drinks all those drinks and can you sleep after a day of testing all those yummy drinks?
Sadly there is a lot of waste that goes into training! We did get to sample a few but mostly just went down the drain!
I definitely want to follow your journey as I really want to work at WDW as well as a cast member, can't wait to hear all about your experiences!! Best of luck and I sent you a friend request on FB!!
:thumbsup2 Glad you have you here! Didn't get your friend request! Try again!!
I'm glad all is going well with you! We just came back today. We were there for the President's weekend (and week!) crowds! As always, such a great time. We were sad to leave today!
Such a busy time this past weekend, glad you enjoyed your stay!!!
Busy times! Glad your last day went well and yum to the fish and chips and cupcakes!
:goodvibes
Hi Robin! I'm finally all caught up and subscribing. I've also found you on Instagram! (Nemweh) I'm loving your report so far! Can't wait to see the rest of your adventures!
Yay thank you for following along with me!

First Official Week of Work, 46 Hours Complete!

This has been one crazy week but I've loved every minute of it! I just have to say that I never gave Barista's enough credit before I worked here. I mean this job is not for the faint of heart! It's both physically and mentally demanding and when I get off work I am exhausted, and it might sound odd but that's a great feeling! I like coming home knowing that I worked really hard! :lovestruc

I worked 6 days this week, Tuesday- Sunday. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were my "On the Job" training days where I had the help of a trainer throughout the day as they explained all of the positions in the store and their responsibilities. There is the busser, stocker, store greeter, pastry case, hot bar, cold bar, cup writer, and kitchen...so many positions to learn! :crazy:

I had my second and final assessment on Thursday and "Earned My Ears" which was a super proud moment for me! I really love the routine of this job. Everything has an order to be done and it just clicks with me. I like being constantly busy and we see so many guests that there is never not people ordering drinks. The days just fly by! I worked two 11 hour days this week and it really didn't feel like it until I got home and realized my feet hurt and I was exhausted! I definitely make mistakes still, but I know that with practice I will know all of the positions like the back of my hand and I hope to be able to help teach new cast members the ropes and be a trainer one day!

But I'm on the floor and officially a Walt Disney World Barista so everyone please come and visit and say "hi!"

I am off tomorrow and Tuesday and I plan on going to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom tomorrow (so expect pictures!!), and my roomies and I are going to Jellyrolls on Tuesday night which I am really looking forward to!

That sounds like a really long week! Congrats on earning your ears! Can't wait to hear how you like Jellyrolls!

Hi Robin, thank you for letting me be your FB "friend" :goodvibes DH and I definitely want to come say hello when we're down there in.........10 days!!:dancer:So I'll message you when it's closer and see what your schedule is.
I do know being a Barista is hard work! I've mentioned before DH is a DM for Starbucks; my stepsons GF is also a Starbucks Barista. While her store cannot be nearly as busy as yours, it's right off a major highway that leads to NYC so it gets crazy. Definitely harder than people think, and many who start training don't last! So a big congrats againpixiedust:

Very interested to hear about Jellyrolls as we've never been but plan to go when we're down there:thumbsup2

I just started reading about your experiences in the CP. That was a really long week. I'm in retail and a five day 40 hr. week is about all I can handle. Your job sounds very interesting. I can't wait to read more.
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter