Friends seeking travel friends thread!

Hello all :wave:
Argh!! I'm upset I only JUST found this thread! Oh bother. pooh:
I jrecently returned from my first completely, 100% solo trip at the end of October (MNSSHP included). I have traveled in larger groups (ughhhh :furious:) when I was younger and in very recent years, smaller groups of a couple people and myself. I was kind of unsure about how this solo adventure would go, but it turns out I absolutely LOVE solo Disney! :love: That being said, I wouldn't mind making new Disney friends and/or travel buddies.

I have had some brief meet-ups of sorts on the past few trips with people from other social media things, and they have just rubbed me the wrong way. I keep telling myself that I'm done with meeting people from the internet, but idk, I have a good feeling about this group. :goodvibes Just to get it out of the way, I am introverted as well as shy, and not good at making friends. But when it comes to my fellow Disney freaks...well it's not as difficult for me I guess. I love chatting it up with anyone when I'm in that Disney bubble. :blush:

A bit about you: My name is Megan, I am 25 years old and live in NY. princess: I am a runner/marathoner. I'm finding it increasing difficult to plan trips that work around my running schedule, but I'm making it work I guess. :upsidedow I visit WDW at least once a year to participant in a runDisney weekend which are SO MUCH FUN! I'm not a professional by any means, but I'm very passionate about photography and I lug photography equipment around the parks with me pretty much always.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Anything and everything

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): DVC member and AP holder so I am always at a DVC resort. I get a deluxe studio since it's just me, and normally I'm not in the room long enough to really justify anything bigger.
The length of the trip usually determines the dining situation. I do prefer table service to QS/CS and I think the extra cost of a TS is worth it. No more than one TS a day. :mickeybar

Planned or laid back trip: I am a good trip planner. But since I am there so often, I am embracing the laid back life and trying to just go with the flow a little more.

Morning or night person: No sleeping in Disney :stitch:

Favorite parks: MK & Epcot

Are you a leader or a follower: Almost always the planner, but being a follower can open up many new experiences that one would other wise never have.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
1 - Character experiences
2 - Food
3 - Rides
4 - Shopping (my wallet says otherwise)
5 - Down time
6 - Tours (There are some that I want to go on!...but maybe with someone)

Feel free to talk to meeee:stitch2:princess:

Hello all :wave:
Argh!! I'm upset I only JUST found this thread! Oh bother. pooh:
I jrecently returned from my first completely, 100% solo trip at the end of October (MNSSHP included). I have traveled in larger groups (ughhhh :furious:) when I was younger and in very recent years, smaller groups of a couple people and myself. I was kind of unsure about how this solo adventure would go, but it turns out I absolutely LOVE solo Disney! :love: That being said, I wouldn't mind making new Disney friends and/or travel buddies.

I have had some brief meet-ups of sorts on the past few trips with people from other social media things, and they have just rubbed me the wrong way. I keep telling myself that I'm done with meeting people from the internet, but idk, I have a good feeling about this group. :goodvibes Just to get it out of the way, I am introverted as well as shy, and not good at making friends. But when it comes to my fellow Disney freaks...well it's not as difficult for me I guess. I love chatting it up with anyone when I'm in that Disney bubble. :blush:

A bit about you: My name is Megan, I am 25 years old and live in NY. princess: I am a runner/marathoner. I'm finding it increasing difficult to plan trips that work around my running schedule, but I'm making it work I guess. :upsidedow I visit WDW at least once a year to participant in a runDisney weekend which are SO MUCH FUN! I'm not a professional by any means, but I'm very passionate about photography and I lug photography equipment around the parks with me pretty much always.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Anything and everything

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): DVC member and AP holder so I am always at a DVC resort. I get a deluxe studio since it's just me, and normally I'm not in the room long enough to really justify anything bigger.
The length of the trip usually determines the dining situation. I do prefer table service to QS/CS and I think the extra cost of a TS is worth it. No more than one TS a day. :mickeybar

Planned or laid back trip: I am a good trip planner. But since I am there so often, I am embracing the laid back life and trying to just go with the flow a little more.

Morning or night person: No sleeping in Disney :stitch:

Favorite parks: MK & Epcot

Are you a leader or a follower: Almost always the planner, but being a follower can open up many new experiences that one would other wise never have.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
1 - Character experiences
2 - Food
3 - Rides
4 - Shopping (my wallet says otherwise)
5 - Down time
6 - Tours (There are some that I want to go on!...but maybe with someone)

Feel free to talk to meeee:stitch2:princess:

Ahh what days were you there? What party? I went Oct 28-nov 4th ... already have a trip planned again! I think these boards were a trip saver for me! The ones i did get to meet up with were amazing and truly great new friends! I have had internet meet up troubles in the past too and was so anxious but I too liked QS better.. the few TS I did do were amazing but cant imagine doing only those all the time! I want to get an AP so much because I am def a disney addict

Ahh what days were you there? What party? I went Oct 28-nov 4th ... already have a trip planned again! I think these boards were a trip saver for me! The ones i did get to meet up with were amazing and truly great new friends! I have had internet meet up troubles in the past too and was so anxious but I too liked QS better.. the few TS I did do were amazing but cant imagine doing only those all the time! I want to get an AP so much because I am def a disney addict

We just missed each other, I was there from Oct 24 - Oct 27.
I have several tripped planned again...2 actually booked and 3 in the works; I can't stop!! :laughing:

I think I also do better overall with more planned meal times. My feeding schedule got all wonky when I didn't have ADRs, and I think that might have had a little impact on how I was feeling. Ruhrow.

Time for the next trip and might be the one I'm most excited for!!!! I'm moving to Orlando with my daughter and this is the find a place to call home trip!! (Easter week will be the actual move if successful).

Name: Bryan
Currently: NYC
When/Where: WDW February 22-26, 2016, POFQ

This is a solo trip for me unless my daughter suddenly decides to join for a couple days. The one thing I've never fell in love with is Epcot and would love to meet up with anyone that loves the place and wants to show me around. This is partially because my daughter hates epcot so I've never really explored it except for some quick in and out trips. I'm a huge live music fan and made it my career for more years that I want to admit so I might go exploring outside of property to see what's out there.

Last edited:
Time for the next trip and might be the one I'm most excited for!!!! I'm moving to Orlando with my daughter and this is the find a place to call home trip!! (Easter week will be the actual move if successful).

Name: Bryan
Currently: NYC
When/Where: WDW February 21-27, 2016, booked at POP Century

This is a solo trip for me unless my daughter suddenly decides to join for a couple days. The one thing I've never fell in love with is Epcot and would love to meet up with anyone that loves the place and wants to show me around. This is partially because my daughter hates epcot so I've never really explored it except for some quick in and out trips. I'm a huge live music fan and made it my career for more years that I want to admit so I might go exploring outside of property to see what's out there.

I'm just going to miss you i will be there from march 5-15 and LOVE ok i have a problem LOVE Epcot world showcase i could live there. The drinks the food the atmosphere in every country i have been about 5 times for at least a week each time and i feel like i still haven't seen everything there.

I would be interested in this too. My DH works out of town a lot and would love new girlfriends to hang with especially at Disney! I'm not employed and would be free to go anytime. I'm always up for new things to do and see at Disney.

Im looking for some Disney girlfriends to hang out with too. I'm about an hour and a half outside Disney!!! If you ever want anyone to hang out with at Disney I'm always down :) my husband is always working too lol.

I have a convention in Orlando Dec 11-15 and am hitting the MVMCP on the 11th and will have the 12th to roam around as well. Haven't booked anything yet for the 12th, but was thinking the Segway tour at the campgrounds in the morning and then tour some resorts and hit HS for the Osborne Lights. Set in stone yet by anymeans. Has anyone ever done that tour? I wish they still had the Epcot Segway one.

Staying offsite at my convention hotel, anyone else hitting the MVMCP on the 11th??

Just thought I would say hello and introduce myself to the thread. I will be going solo for the 2nd consecutive year. My dates are from feb 1st to the 12th. If anyone would like to meet up for a meal or explore the parks together, please let me know. I would love some great, friendly company. Last trip, I met up with some people and it made the trip that much better. Just a little about me. I am very outgoing, a lot of fun, laid back and love taking my tour touring the parks and enjoying everything Disney has to offer. I actually have two tours planned as well. Take care!!!

Name: Erin

Age/Kids/Job: I fail to see the relevance of this question.

Where/When I want to go: I'm up for a trip almost any time, as long as I can clear my schedule.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I adjust my pace according to my travel party, though I've been known to hit Disney pretty hard.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Um, I try to err on the side of common sense-unless it's my birthday.

Planned or laid back trip: I've been known to plan every tiny detail, but I've also gone with the flow. I'm cool like that.

Morning or night person: Sun up til sun down, please.

Favorite parks: MK, HS, AK, EP

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I'm always the leader, but it would be nice to just be a follower for a change.

1. Rides
2. Characters
3. Shopping
4. Food
5. Downtime
6. Tours

What time of year do you most like to travel: I've been to Disney during every season. Summer is my favorite, though it's hot. Winter is next, with spring and fall bringing up the rear. But honestly, anytime!

Name: Erin

Age/Kids/Job: I fail to see the relevance of this question.

Where/When I want to go: I'm up for a trip almost any time, as long as I can clear my schedule.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I adjust my pace according to my travel party, though I've been known to hit Disney pretty hard.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Um, I try to err on the side of common sense-unless it's my birthday.

Planned or laid back trip: I've been known to plan every tiny detail, but I've also gone with the flow. I'm cool like that.

Morning or night person: Sun up til sun down, please.

Favorite parks: MK, HS, AK, EP

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I'm always the leader, but it would be nice to just be a follower for a change.

1. Rides
2. Characters
3. Shopping
4. Food
5. Downtime
6. Tours

What time of year do you most like to travel: I've been to Disney during every season. Summer is my favorite, though it's hot. Winter is next, with spring and fall bringing up the rear. But honestly, anytime!
I liked your answers and your right what's age got to do with.

I liked your answers and your right what's age got to do with.

Thanks! My very best friends range in age from 19 to 40 (Thats what I get from living on a college campus). I guess I just dislike the stigma that age is the determining factor between two or more people bonding and forming a friendship. Everyone who loves Disney is a kid at heart!

I'm looking to either take a weekend trip in a couple of months-I REALLY miss Disney. Or planing at least 10 days over the summer-May or June. Funny how Haunted Mansion just came on HBO Family as I sit here typing this. It's a sign! :)

I'm looking to either take a weekend trip in a couple of months-I REALLY miss Disney. Or planing at least 10 days over the summer-May or June. Funny how Haunted Mansion just came on HBO Family as I sit here typing this. It's a sign! :)

The haunted mansion! Ha ha that is amazing! (It happens to be my favorite ride so when I see people talk about the ride or the movie I get all warm and fuzzy feeling!) ha ha. :hmghost:

Really miss Disney? I think most of us here can relate... the feeling hit me as soon as I left :bored: :rotfl:. when was the last time you were there?

Welcome to the addiction group I'm sure you will fit right in! :grouphug: :jumping1:

when was the last time you were there?

I was there twice this year- Early March for a weekend Disney trip that included Clearwater Marine Aquarium, and then I did the 24 hour party solo. It was fantastic, but I got bored at 4am and went back to the hotel. I completed 22 hours of it though!

The haunted mansion! Ha ha that is amazing! (It happens to be my favorite ride so when I see people talk about the ride or the movie I get all warm and fuzzy feeling!) ha ha. :hmghost:

Mine too! I forced myself to stay up for the whole movie just to hear the spiel at the end- it reminds me so much of the actual ride.

I did the 24 hour party solo. It was fantastic, but I got bored at 4am and went back to the hotel. I completed 22 hours of it though!

I have yet to do the 24 hour Disney party... I want to try it, I wonder if I could stay awake/interested for the full 24 hours. :cat: I'm sure I'd enjoy it no matter how long I made it! :rotfl2:

Clearwater Marine Aquarium? I have never been. Is it pretty interesting? I do enjoy zoos and aquariums quite a bit. I haven't done much else in Florida besides WDW and universal. :goodvibes

The Dis is having a 10 year anniversary week around orlando the week of July 24th. No further details except it'll be something special and things will be happening all week :) I'm planning to be around for this.

The Dis is having a 10 year anniversary week around orlando the week of July 24th. No further details except it'll be something special and things will be happening all week :) I'm planning to be around for this.

You know, I've always wanted to do a DIS event, but ... I don't have a good reason. I just haven't. It's doubtful I'll go this specific week because of probable school committments, but we'll see.

I would love, love to know if and when you all plan a trip for everyone to meet up at WDW!!! I work in education so have time off when hubby does not and usually head down alone for a day or so on the way to my mom's in central FL. Hoping to keep posted on the meetup! I will be there week of Dec 19th

Age/Kids/Job: 40 something/grown childlren

Where/When I want to go: Just say when!

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Depends on who I'm with.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): probably moderate unless a special occassion
Planned or laid back trip: again, depends

Morning or night person: crack of dawn but if the party is still going, I'm awake!

Favorite parks: whichever one I'm in!

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): both. I love to lead but also to go with the flow

1. Rides
2. Food
3. Shopping
4. Downtime
5. Characters
6. Tours

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter