Friends seeking travel friends thread!

Name: Elizabeth
Dates: Feb. 26-March 2
Touring Style: Fun and Fancy Free, thank you.

I'm up for sharing a Mickey bar with anyone on my first solo trip.

I am going to put this out here to you ladies. There is a group of 100 of us who go to Disneyland every year at the end of February. We are the Dis Divas....women only, over the age of 18 and our one commonality is that we love all things Disney. The group began with 10 women and has grown over the years.

Our trip is Wednesday to Sunday and we get a group rate at the Grand Californian Hotel which is a deluxe. It is affordable because we sleep 3 - 4 to a room. And yes, I have roomed with strangers. We have a Meet-and-Greet party on Wednesday, and meals and events are scheduled throughout the 5 days we are together. Every year we take a group photo in front of the castle with our matching t shirts and tiaras. Our ages range from 18 to 65...and there is fun for all including pub crawls, a scavenger hunt and group rides on attractions.

You all should consider doing the same for Disney World. In fact I would probably come!!! Here is our thread over on the Disneyland boards: http://www.disboards.com/threads/dis-divas-back-from-disney-and-ready-to-plan-for-2016.3386049/ although we now do most of our planning on Facebook. But the thread is worthwhile because you can see what we have done in the past few years.

And....I would like to add... if you want to enjoy Disneyland with a friendly group of like-minded ladies, join us!

Last edited:
Just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone else is going during this time as well. :)

Name: Krista

Age/Kids/Job: 25, None, Librarian

Where/When I want to go: March 3-7

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I enjoy them all.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Staying at Pop Century

Planned or laid back trip: Planned meals and FP+

Morning or night person: All day.

Favorite parks: MK & EP

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Leader usually.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
1. Rides
2. Food
3. Shopping
4. Characters
5. Downtime
6. Tours

Looks like we will be there at the same time :)

I am going to put this out here to you ladies. There is a group of 100 of us who go to Disneyland every year at the end of February. We are the Dis Divas....women only, over the age of 18 and our one commonality is that we love all things Disney. The group began with 10 women and has grown over the years.

Our trip is Wednesday to Sunday and we get a group rate at the Grand Californian Hotel which is a deluxe. It is affordable because we sleep 3 - 4 to a room. And yes, I have roomed with strangers. We have a Meet-and-Greet party on Wednesday, and meals and events are scheduled throughout the 5 days we are together. Every year we take a group photo in front of the castle with our matching t shirts and tiaras. Our ages range from 18 to 65...and there is fun for all including pub crawls, a scavenger hunt and group rides on attractions.

You all should consider doing the same for Disney World. In fact I would probably come!!! Here is our thread over on the Disneyland boards: http://www.disboards.com/threads/dis-divas-back-from-disney-and-ready-to-plan-for-2016.3386049/ although we now do most of our planning on Facebook. But the thread is worthwhile because you can see what we have done in the past few years.

And....I would like to add... if you want to enjoy Disneyland with a friendly group of like-minded ladies, join us!

This sounds like a lot of fun!

However, not quite a strong enough reason to undergo gender reassignment!

Sounds like we're going the same time, my first solo trip too! Feb 29th to March 2nd. Let me know if you are still up for that Mickey bar! :)

Hey, Mouseketeers!

I'll be at WDW October 28-November 8, 2016.

Anyone else going around then? Maybe meet up for some meals, park touring, Jellyrolls, etc.?

I already have plans with family, friends, and other Dis-ers for parts of the trip, but during other times, I have space in some of my dining reservations for someone to join.

Feel free to send me a message for more info. I won't be able to check messages during the trip, but happy to plan ahead.

Last edited:

I'll be at WDW from March 19-24, if anyone wants to meet up for a Mickey bar, time at Trader Sams, or a sampling of the outdoor kitchens.

Hi everyone..just found this thread. I'm a single traveler in search of fellow girlfriend travelers too! Divorced for a long time, but love Disney. I have been lucky in finding some awesome travel buddies. I am a DVC member and go down a lot. I also would love a friend that is like me...late 50's early 60's. Young at heart. DVC member would be great. Love to cruise and Adventure by Disney too..which really needs roommates!! My next trip is in April.
Name: Blossom
Kids: Grown...25 and 28
Travel: Fun and Frequent! All places Disney
Work: Own my own Educational Therapy company so my travel is flexible. No more teacher breaks only trips for me! lol

I've been part of a Disney Divas group on the DVC member cruises and some WDW and ABD trips. SO much fun! Always looking to join up with other Divas!!

Last edited:

I'll be there 2/29-3/3 always up for a drink if you don't mind drinking with a 55 year old

Hey, Mouseketeers!

I'll be at WDW April 8-21, 2016, and again around October 29-November 9, 2016. The autumn dates are tentative but it will probably be close to that, if not exactly that.

Anyone else going during either of those ranges? Maybe meet up for some meals, park touring, Jellyrolls, etc.?

I already have plans with family, friends, and other Dis-ers for parts of the April trip, but during other times, I have space in some of my April dining reservations for someone to join.

Will be reserving autumn restaurants when window opens up in late April.

Feel free to send me a message for more info. I won't be able to check these messages during the trip, but happy to plan ahead.

I actually may be a few days around your Fall Trip! ... Changed it from Oct to Nov... Nov 5-12!

Hi everyone..just found this thread. I'm a single traveler in search of fellow girlfriend travelers too! Divorced for a long time, but love Disney. I have been lucky in finding some awesome travel buddies. I am a DVC member and go down a lot. I also would love a friend that is like me...late 50's early 60's. Young at heart. DVC member would be great. Love to cruise and Adventure by Disney too..which really needs roommates!! My next trip is in April.
Name: Blossom
Kids: Grown...25 and 28
Travel: Fun and Frequent! All places Disney
Work: Own my own Educational Therapy company so my travel is flexible. No more teacher breaks only trips for me! lol

Hi blossomz,

It's too bad I'm going March19-28 and you're going in April as it sounds like we have a lot in common. I travel solo some of the time, DVC member, late 50's, grown kids and a teacher too!

April 2016

As of tomorrow, there will be just one more month until my next trip!

This trip will include meeting up at various times with family, friends, and Dis'ers. As of now, I also have some solo times, but would be glad to meet up if anyone would like to, for any of these --

April 9 Universal Luau (park admission not required)
April 10 dinner at Ohana (reserved for four; two spots currently available)
April 11 dinner at Skipper Canteen
April 12 lunch at Captain's Grille
April 13 amphicar ride in afternoon
April 13 Yehaa Bob show in evening
April 14 late breakfast at Tusker House
April 18 lunch at Whispering Canyon
April 18 dinner at The Wave
April 19 lunch at 50's Prime Time

If anyone might like to meet up, you're welcome to send me a message.

Last edited:
I'll be in WDW March 19-24 on my second solo trip. If anyone wants to meet up to do a little tasting around Flower and Garden that might be fun.

Hi. I'm a 51 year old mom of two teenagers and married for 24 years. Love everything about Disney and go often with my family. I'm taking my first solo trip this April and I'm very excited. I too am from York, Pa. It's always wonderful to hear from other ladies with the same interests -- especially locals! :flower1:

Hi. I'm a 51 year old mom of two teenagers and married for 24 years. Love everything about Disney and go often with my family. I'm taking my first solo trip this April and I'm very excited. I too am from York, Pa. It's always wonderful to hear from other ladies with the same interests -- especially locals! :flower1:
Hi, then you're going this month? What days? I'll be there April 8-21.

October 28 - November 8, 2016

Hi Folks, I'm currently solo for the meals and activities listed below. Would anyone like to meet up for any of these?

Oct. 28 Yehaa Bob show
Oct. 29 dinner at Captain's Grille
Oct. 30 lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern; early dinner at Skipper Canteen
Nov. 4 dinner at Boma
Nov. 5 lunch at Whispering Canyon
Nov. 6 lunch at Via Napoli
Nov. 7 late breakfast at Cape May Café
Nov. 8 lunch at Sci Fi Dine In

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!