Friends from Hell... A Disney's Hilton Head Island Trip Report 7/5 updated

When I become boss of the world, I am going to make it illegal to leave dis readers hanging on like this. I'm not trying to be pushy....I'm just saying...ya know? ;)

Hi all.

Please do not think I am flaming anyone because including myself, I have written I want to read more. Just some food for thought here as I am finishing up my TR.

I have a question.

(For those who have read my TR - I do have an introspective side not filled with one liners and zingers. College grad in Social Work here and sometimes you can't take the counselor out of the comedian.)

Has anyone tried to get ahold of her via her main e-mai or have a phone numberl? Like I am set up to automatically get notified by my yahoo site when anything I am subscribed to gets new posts but I know you can alter that so you are not. I also am friends with some people off line here that I am in contact on here with.

I took a long hiatus from my TR last spring after my son was burned in an accident and I truthfully had no idea people cared as much as they did that I abandoned ship. I isolated myself from checking my TR thread so I was trying to think of ways just to let her know we did care.

Writing personally was out of the question because being in a funk means ya don't feel very funny and she, like I write in a humorous style. Everyone was saying how witty I was and made them spew their coffee and when I knew I wa not lighthearted, I felt I would let everyone down so I took that hiatus until I was back there mentally.

People follow these threads based on writing styles and how that author makes you feel connected to them as a family or individual. People write these threads for many reasons including those of us who have yearned to be appreciated and live in the world of "One Day Maybe I can be published."

I check my numbers everytime I post here to my TR and live in anxiety over people not responding or wondering if I have so many readers than why would they not post.

You will here that same self-doubt from many comedians who always wonder if they are funny, fear walking onto a stage and having a empty audience.

For me - I wrote in a comedic style and there was nothing funny going on in my life at that moment and I could not deal with one less dissapointment.

Who knows why she left but I checked and she is on here still. I actually am starting to worry and hope that she and her family have not gone through anything substantially difficult. I will send her a PM if she accepts them later this morning.

Again, I am not criticizing anyone here for their posts of wanting more. I did and do. :love:

Update:
K - I spent some time and I know from her posts that she is heading to Florida (she may be there already) for a trip to Universal and has planned a trip for next year. If this is not a crisis - we need to PM and direct e-mail the cr@p out of her and threaten to shave off half of each eyebrow.

Just sayin!

Hi all.

Please do not think I am flaming anyone because including myself, I have written I want to read more. Just some food for thought here as I am finishing up my TR.

I have a question.

(For those who have read my TR - I do have an introspective side not filled with one liners and zingers. College grad in Social Work here and sometimes you can't take the counselor out of the comedian.)

Has anyone tried to get ahold of her via her main e-mai or have a phone numberl? Like I am set up to automatically get notified by my yahoo site when anything I am subscribed to gets new posts but I know you can alter that so you are not. I also am friends with some people off line here that I am in contact on here with.

I took a long hiatus from my TR last spring after my son was burned in an accident and I truthfully had no idea people cared as much as they did that I abandoned ship. I isolated myself from checking my TR thread so I was trying to think of ways just to let her know we did care.

Writing personally was out of the question because being in a funk means ya don't feel very funny and she, like I write in a humorous style. Everyone was saying how witty I was and made them spew their coffee and when I knew I wa not lighthearted, I felt I would let everyone down so I took that hiatus until I was back there mentally.

People follow these threads based on writing styles and how that author makes you feel connected to them as a family or individual. People write these threads for many reasons including those of us who have yearned to be appreciated and live in the world of "One Day Maybe I can be published."

I check my numbers everytime I post here to my TR and live in anxiety over people not responding or wondering if I have so many readers than why would they not post.

You will here that same self-doubt from many comedians who always wonder if they are funny, fear walking onto a stage and having a empty audience.

For me - I wrote in a comedic style and there was nothing funny going on in my life at that moment and I could not deal with one less dissapointment.

Who knows why she left but I checked and she is on here still. I actually am starting to worry and hope that she and her family have not gone through anything substantially difficult. I will send her a PM if she accepts them later this morning.

Again, I am not criticizing anyone here for their posts of wanting more. I did and do. :love:

Update:
K - I spent some time and I know from her posts that she is heading to Florida (she may be there already) for a trip to Universal and has planned a trip for next year. If this is not a crisis - we need to PM and direct e-mail the cr@p out of her and threaten to shave off half of each eyebrow.

Just sayin!

Thank you so much for the update on her. I was beginning to worry about her, myself. NOrmally I will just unsubscribe if someone hasn't posted in awhile, but I'm thinking that this TR would be too good to miss, so I'm hanging in there!

And on a side note, to anyone who has not visited Dawn's TR, you need to visit! She is so funny and it only gets better and better, the further you go along. So stop by if you like to laugh!

Dawn: I know just what you mean about people reading your TR and you can see how many people have visited, but no comments. I used to feel like I was talking to myself there for awhile. I had actually started a PTR for my March trip and NOT ONE person commented, so I dropped it altogether. It could be that it was my first and I had NO idea what I was doing! :laughing: Or I'm boring? :confused3

And then my TR was not full of fun and laughter, but I told the truth about how the whole thing went down, only to get a PM not too long ago that one reader was bummed and stressed out by it. That didn't make me feel so hot, but it is what it is! Hopefully the next one will be full of fun and laughter and excitement. Not that my whole trip was a downer, as you know, just those not so great moments that some people choose to leave out, I left in.

Anyways, just thought I'd comment! Hope you have a good day! And Laura, if you get back, we can't wait to hear how the rest of this trip went. :yay:

And then my TR was not full of fun and laughter, but I told the truth about how the whole thing went down, only to get a PM not too long ago that one reader was bummed and stressed out by it. That didn't make me feel so hot, but it is what it is! Hopefully the next one will be full of fun and laughter and excitement. Not that my whole trip was a downer, as you know, just those not so great moments that some people choose to leave out, I left in.

I think that your style of telling a TR tale is also needed because it helps those with Mary Poppins ideals to realize that most trips are not as bad as Cruella but be happy if you end up somewhere on the level of Ariel.

You have an ideal of what the "world" will be like and dream of gizmo's and gadgets, loose your voice somewhere along the way and get accosted by some eels but in the end...you find after some reflection that a combination of the "world" and your reality below is the best.

Hows that for an early morning analogy! :worship:

Ka Chow! (Said in my best Owen Wilson Car's voice! ):rotfl2:

BTW: tell the pm'er that you shared your life so they could be distracted from the fact that their's sucked so bad!

I'm feelin fiesty this morning! :rolleyes1

I think that your style of telling a TR tale is also needed because it helps those with Mary Poppins ideals to realize that most trips are not as bad as Cruella but be happy if you end up somewhere on the level of Ariel.

You have an ideal of what the "world" will be like and dream of gizmo's and gadgets, loose your voice somewhere along the way and get accosted by some eels but in the end...you find after some reflection that a combination of the "world" and your reality below is the best.

Hows that for an early morning analogy! :worship:

Ka Chow! (Said in my best Owen Wilson Car's voice! ):rotfl2:

BTW: tell the pm'er that you shared your life so they could be distracted from the fact that their's sucked so bad!

I'm feelin fiesty this morning! :rolleyes1

:rotfl: I like your fiestiness! And I like your analogy, too. Sooo much better than I ever could have put it! :laughing:

See, that was my problem going in: I just knew it was gonna be everything I dreamed of and more. Mitchell and I were gonna get on a rainbow and land in the pot of gold. We were gonna cry together as we watched the fireworks and he was going to smile and laugh and not be sad or misbehave b/c we were in the happiest place on Earth. Yeah, right! He's FOUR! :faint:

I learned that lesson the hard way, so the next trip I go on, I will know what's coming and be better prepared for it, LOL!

By the way, I loved your Ka Chow!

My Mitchell would have loved it, too. :thumbsup2

Dizneydawn- I wouldn't flame anybody for being concerned. I guess we all forget that people have lives outside of the Disboards. I like the writing style of this TR and will wait as long as needed in hopes of reading it to the end.

MICKEY4EVER- I love an honest TR, it means alot to me as a reader when the person writing put their heart out there and tells it like it happened. If you don't mind posting the link or PMing it to me, I would like to read it.:)

Dizneydawn- I wouldn't flame anybody for being concerned. I guess we all forget that people have lives outside of the Disboards. I like the writing style of this TR and will wait as long as needed in hopes of reading it to the end.

MICKEY4EVER- I love an honest TR, it means alot to me as a reader when the person writing put their heart out there and tells it like it happened. If you don't mind posting the link or PMing it to me, I would like to read it.:)

Will do! Sending a PM now. Please let me know your thoughts when you're done! And there are other TR's of other trips following our Disney one, so I'd love to have you along for the rides.

I will do my best to make this more of a lovely Hilton Head trip report and less of an OMG my FRIENDS TOTALLY SUCK report, but since my friends EXCELLED at SUCKING it will be hard to contain myself :lmao: Thank Goodness I have a sense of Humor and even more Thanks to Bug Bug whom I called often to vent!

Ok on with the story....

Cast of Characters...

The Good

Myself, The Meanest Mother in the World (no you can't have pizza, french fries and a shake for breakfast) and trip planner. Known across the land for her Blue Toes, whatever that means :rotfl:

DH, Tom, Sports lover and coaster nut who loves nothing more than to explore his own personal buoyancy in the various bodies of water available on Hilton Head.. He loves how well he floats in salt water, and the crashing of the waves is ... :woohoo:

Madeline 10, knows everything pre-tween. When I think of her, I think of the first line of that book (what book I have no idea, but it’s a famous book lol) It was the Best of Times and it was the Worst of Times. She can be a pure joy and turn right around and bite your head off. Caused a room full of moms to gasp, when she was trying to be amusing, but more on that later! :upsidedow

Abigail 8, fashionista extraordinaire, collects cute spots on her nose, loves to annoy her older sister then claiming innocence, makes friends easily, easy going, likes sugar. But really can be a major pain in the buttocks :eek:

Charlie, 6, AKA Happy Gilmore. A pure ball of happy go lucky goo, with ears. :tigger:

Here is a picture of us at MNSSHP this past October.

My BIL David, top left, was not with us this trip, but is a pure joy to travel with :thumbsup2

DSC03987.jpg

Ok now onto...

THE BAD…. <insert scary music here>

The Chubs. :scared1:

Mrs Chubs and Mr Chubby De Marco. :maleficen :chewy:
This of course are their nicknames, And is my way of protecting the innocent (if by innocent you mean the extremely rude ha)

Nick 8, Handsome caring fellow who will be scarred for life because of his parents and younger sister. :simba:

Sarah 6, my mom taught me if you have nothing nice to say about someone don’t say anything at all…. :wave2:

So that concludes the introductions :rotfl:

Stay tuned for a Photo and Video Filled trip report which includes Bits of
6 Flags Over Georgia
and
Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort

i think the title of the quote come from A TALE OF TWO CITIES but not positive lol

Subbing. I have confindence that Laurabearz will return!

And, MICKEY4EVER! I loved your trip report. We took our two 4yo boys to WDW last year (June 2008) and it was very stressful. They acted like your son did, but there were two of them! At least DH was there to help!

And now, on to Dizneydawn's TR!

Subbing. I have confindence that Laurabearz will return!

And, MICKEY4EVER! I loved your trip report. We took our two 4yo boys to WDW last year (June 2008) and it was very stressful. They acted like your son did, but there were two of them! At least DH was there to help!

And now, on to Dizneydawn's TR!
I hope she returns also. I have not unsubscribes, b/c I want to HEAR this story! That title just sucks you in.

And thanks for reading my report! Oh my - TWO four year olds acting the way mine did - makes me glad that I only had ONE. :laughing: And it makes me feel quite - normal. :goodvibes

AHHHH now I got sucked in! I wanted to hear about Hilton Head since I have not gone there.

Hope she comes back soon!

:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter