Friends from Hell... A Disney's Hilton Head Island Trip Report 7/5 updated

Oh, this just keeps getting better! I can't wait to read more.

A Tale of Two Cities Charles Dickens

"It was the best of times; it was the worst of times."

Thanks for the link from the Community Board ;)

Oh yeah we had two full weeks of that… Replaced the battery, checked the electrical system, checked the belts, etc but no matter what we did, sporadically fail to start. No clicking, no rrrr rrrrr rrrr, nothing. Just nothing.
We pick it up, it starts like a dream :banana: take it home… and that was the last time we were able to start it on our own. :guilty: Haha

And then.... And then it happens... our phone rings and it's our neighbor calling and she says the tow truck DROPPED our van. Hard. Hard enough for them to hear it inside their house.
And now I am suppose to drive a van that was DROPPED? :scared1:

I was first intrigued by your title. We have been talking to some friends about going with us to Disney in November. :rolleyes1 Then I see this about the van and OMG...You are describing my van! It randomly dies on me. No rhyme, no reason, just a pain in the you know what!!!!! And of course it is almost paid off. That is how our luck works.
But, it has never been DROPPED :eek:
Can't wait to hear the rest of thispopcorn::

OMG! This is the best TR I've ever read...LMAO!!! :rotfl2: Sorry to hear of your voodoo woes, but can't wait to hear the rest of the story!
We had the trip with friends from hell in Dec...I always cringe when people say they're going with friends...:scared:

OMG! This is the best TR I've ever read...LMAO!!! :rotfl2: Sorry to hear of your voodoo woes, but can't wait to hear the rest of the story!
We had the trip with friends from hell in Dec...I always cringe when people say they're going with friends...:scared:

Awe thanks. It's been fun to write. And I am not against bringing friends at all! We have had many great trips with friends and family!

Here is a great pic of our trip last October with my BIL. Fantastic trip as always. This was his third time coming with us.

We love traveling with people, sadly not everyone travels well together. But in the case of my *cough* friends, as you will see, how could anyone be friends with them lol

A Tale of Two Cities Charles Dickens

"It was the best of times; it was the worst of times."

Thanks for the link from the Community Board ;)

It's always scary to link things there :rotfl:

And ... And?

I know I know I am sooooooooo slow with the updates. But I have a really really good excuse.

Somehow an iPhone came into my possession and I have become App Happy :yay::dance3::yay:

(my thumbs hurt too)

LAURA!!!! Hi!!!:) Can't wait to read this! It was soooo cool meeting you at HHI and sharing our "stories" about "ungrateful friends". Hope you had a quick and uneventful trip home. Did you leave at 4:30?;)

We actually were on the road by 5 am believe it or not!! And home by 830 Chicago time. :woohoo: Dh and I decided that's the way to go. Spend a leisurely day packing up and leave bright and early the next day. :thumbsup2 Oh and on the upside, since we wont be bringing our friends ever again we can stay longer :cool1:

Oh.... Another cliff hanger.... :yay:

Like you have anything better to do :rotfl:

:grouphug:

I was first intrigued by your title. We have been talking to some friends about going with us to Disney in November. :rolleyes1 Then I see this about the van and OMG...You are describing my van! It randomly dies on me. No rhyme, no reason, just a pain in the you know what!!!!! And of course it is almost paid off. That is how our luck works.
But, it has never been DROPPED :eek:
Can't wait to hear the rest of thispopcorn::

It could be the ignition. They said it was going bad so the anti theft kill switch would go off. Everything else check out, as will a lot of intermittent problems you find out a lot of things it's NOT before you find out what it IS.

The DROPPING of the Van is in it's own category altogether though lol :scared:

I will take pictures of the damage tomorrow to show you. It's quite stunning :lmao:

OMG I read your post on the CB and saw the link to the TR and I'm sitting here in awe (1. because your soon to be x-friend blames you?? and 2. at the whole Tow Truck Incident).

I understand the whole, some people just shouldn't travel together thing. I had a trip to WDW in 2006 that was a Trip from Hell with someone who is now no longer a friend. The Kids were adorable, the husband not that bad but the Wife was a complete pyscho and boy am I glad she is no longer a part of my life.

I can't wait to hear about your trip, your writing style is very entertaining!

Like you have anything better to do :rotfl:

Well, technically I should be writing my trip report but I am enjoying yours way too much! Awesome updates.

Anywho! We had a few "Those who shall not be named" on our trip last summer. Unfortunately they are family and are a lot harder to get rid of. :scared:

can't wait to see what happens next....our Vacation rental got flooded 1 week before arrival so we got moved up to week of July 9th-19th go figure something always go wrong here too.

I tossed and turned all night that night… Visions of my van dropping off the back of the tow truck played over and over in my head. Are the Struts ok? Are the Shocks ok? Are Struts and Shocks the same thing? Is my Muffler smushed? All while the red sports car spins around my head, like I was in a dream… Oh wait, all this IS in my dream!! Maybe I dreamt it ALL!!
Heck for a split second when I woke up, I thought it all could have been a dream. But as the fog lifted, and the Diet Pepsi kicked in, my heart sank and then… then it occurred to me….

RENT A FREAKING VAN FOR THE TRIP!!

:dancer:

OMG Instantly I felt a zillion times better, I can’t even describe it. I actually felt the weight lifted from me. (too bad it didn’t actually take some of my extra pounds with it lol)

But how would this go over with Mister Cheap-oh. I suppose will have to offer up my Art Fair Money to defray the costs and skip buying my usual tonz of great art.

Here are a few photos of my fair from last year (I didn’t take my camera this year)
Early in the morning just one artist out of 150 set up lol

DSC00641.jpg

And things are really hopping now, on a good weekend we can get upwards of 50,000 people come through our lovely fair.

DSC00662.jpg

I hire Inner City kids to help out, here is our group shot.

DSC00673.jpg

Many have worked for me for years, and it’s great to follow their progress as they grow up, many go on to college or trade schools, a few we lose back to the streets though

Last year I bought this over the top wonderful painting for a great artist. Not only gifted in talent but in spirit too. Her Karma just oozes from her, I love it!

DSC00645.jpg

This picture does NOT do this painting justice at all. The paint is so thick and lush it’s insane. I take it in when I do Art Moms to help show kids that paintings are not just 2D.

DSC00677.jpg

And I had hoped to add more lovelys this year, but having peace of mind for our road trip outweighs anything.

Now would Mister Cheap-oh see it my way?

Ha! He has to!! It’s my money, so he really has no say in the matter so I hunker down in front of my computer, pen and paper in hand, crack open an icy cold Diet Pepsi, and take a deep breath. :surfweb:

So the cliffhanger of the day is…
Will any of the codes on Mousesavers work for me in Chicago?

Last year I bought this over the top wonderful painting for a great artist. Not only gifted in talent but in spirit too. Her Karma just oozes from her, I love it!
This picture does NOT do this painting justice at all. The paint is so thick and lush it’s insane. I take it in when I do Art Moms to help show kids that paintings are not just 2D.

DSC00677.jpg

That painting is absolutely gorgeous! Do the kids you hire paint as well? Whoever painted this is super talented! It really is beautiful!

Saw the CB link to here.

Not. Your. Fault. I repeat, it's SO not your fault, not even close!

You could have called me. I have plenty of rollover minutes. :rotfl2:

Coming out of Lurkdom (a little town east of Buffalo) to say your art show looks really cool! :cool1:

Sorry about your van! Looking forward to hearing about your trip, tho.

I don't know why your TR caught my eye, anyways.
:rotfl: I'm glad there were a few posts and not just one. Looking forward to the rest.

What kind of cruise are you going on?
I can't figure out the initials.

I'm going on my first cruise, and I know absolutely nothing.
Any pointers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter