• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friends & Family Discount for Orange Lake Resort, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, and More

Weird, I replied to this thread a couple of hours ago and it's not here.

Thanks for posting this and letting us use the discount. I'm booking for FL later this month. What do I put under name on the certificate? Just Shelby?

When you click the link to the site for Friends and Family, it says my name right there. :)

Hey Shelby! I was searching for info on the Orange Lake Resorts and came across this thread. Thanks so much for your link! I can get a 2-bedroom for only $75 per night :thumbsup2.

Is the discount not avaiable anymore? I checked last week and it worked but this mornong I have been trying but the link is invalid.

Thanks.

Hey Shelby! I was searching for info on the Orange Lake Resorts and came across this thread. Thanks so much for your link! I can get a 2-bedroom for only $75 per night :thumbsup2.

That is a great deal! :)

Is the discount not avaiable anymore? I checked last week and it worked but this mornong I have been trying but the link is invalid.

Thanks.

It is. I think that the website was having issues...but I updated the link just in case. :)

I just got back from the Marine Corps Marathon and stayed in Rosslyn (Arlington), VA at the Holiday Inn. It is a great hotel with a very helpful staff, free parking and is very close to the Rosslyn Metro station. Just a note though, any hotel in that area is in the flight line for DCA, so although I didn't think the plane noise was horrible, it may be for some. Highly recommend it if you need a location close to the Metro.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Maingate East this past weekend, and just thought I would share the overall experience so that if people are looking at hotels, they know what to expect.

This one is right across from Celebration, so it is really close to the parks, particularly Epcot and Hollywood Studios. It has been redone and the rooms are pretty nice. They have a lot of Food and Beverage Options and some very close restaurants. So, the location is great. Because I was staying one night, they upgraded me to one of the Family Suites. It has a King Bed and a Bunk Bed. I can see it being very convenient for families. The room had a refrigerator as well, and I can't remember if it had a microwave. :( It isn't the largest room ever, but if you plan on exploring the parks and just sleeping in the room, that shouldn't be a problem.

The only thing that I didn't like so much was arriving late after the Wine & Dine Half Marathon, the parking was just about entirely full. The hotel was sold out, so it may be an issue. They do have a shuttle to the parks, so a car is not necessary.

Hi Shelby,
Thanks again for allowing us to use your discount. I stayed at the hotel this weekend with my friend and my godkids at the Holiday Inn Downtown Disney. Check-in was fast, and parking was easy. The room was spotless. The beds are very comfortable too. I didn't have any neck pain while I was there, but of course it came back right when I got home! The breakfast buffet was great. I had no idea that kids ate breakfast free at Palm Breezes so that was a nice surprise on Saturday morning. I don't know if this is a temporary promotion or if this is the way it always is.

The only negative that I have about the hotel is the location. We experienced a ton a traffic each night coming back from the parks. I don't know if it's always like this, but it was especially bad on Saturday. Next time, I'll walk to Downtown Disney instead of driving. That way, I can avoid traffic on Hotel Plaza Blvd and also avoid the parking nightmare at DTD. 535 and all of the restaurants up and down the street are super close and convenient, but it can take a while just to travel that short distance. Traffic on 535 was equally bad. I'll have to think about a way to avoid this traffic next time. Great hotel though!

Hi Shelby,
Thanks again for allowing us to use your discount. I stayed at the hotel this weekend with my friend and my godkids at the Holiday Inn Downtown Disney. Check-in was fast, and parking was easy. The room was spotless. The beds are very comfortable too. I didn't have any neck pain while I was there, but of course it came back right when I got home! The breakfast buffet was great. I had no idea that kids ate breakfast free at Palm Breezes so that was a nice surprise on Saturday morning. I don't know if this is a temporary promotion or if this is the way it always is.

The only negative that I have about the hotel is the location. We experienced a ton a traffic each night coming back from the parks. I don't know if it's always like this, but it was especially bad on Saturday. Next time, I'll walk to Downtown Disney instead of driving. That way, I can avoid traffic on Hotel Plaza Blvd and also avoid the parking nightmare at DTD. 535 and all of the restaurants up and down the street are super close and convenient, but it can take a while just to travel that short distance. Traffic on 535 was equally bad. I'll have to think about a way to avoid this traffic next time. Great hotel though!

I agree about the traffic! That area somehow has the worst of it and I wish they would figure out a better way to control it all! So, yes, I do walk a lot to DTD when staying there. Or, eat at odd times to avoid the worst of the traffic. I think that breakfast promotion must be a long lasting thing. Because, they said kids ate free that last time I was there, which was probably a year ago now. Glad you liked the stay! If you call the hotel, they may be able to order you an entire bed. We used to have an actual site with all of that, but I can't seem to find it. :(

Just wanted to say thank you Shelby for allowing us to use your discount, just saved $$ on a 3BR at Orange Lake for next weekend.

Just wanted to say thank you Shelby for allowing us to use your discount, just saved $$ on a 3BR at Orange Lake for next weekend.

Hopefully you love it like I did! We finally tried it out during Marathon weekend and it was so much better than I imagined. I thought we would be out of place as a couple vs. a family, but that wasn't the case. Although the property itself is huge, we were surprised at how close it was to the parks, to shopping and dining options outside of the resort. I will post pictures soon for anyone thinking about trying it out. We stayed in a studio in the main building where registration is and it was perfect for us. It may just be our favorite - especially with the lazy river! That was fun.

Hi, thank you so much for sharing your discount with us! It really makes such a difference. After I print my confirmation and voucher, should I add the name of the IHG employee? You can pm me if you need to. Thanks

Hi, thank you so much for sharing your discount with us! It really makes such a difference. After I print my confirmation and voucher, should I add the name of the IHG employee? You can pm me if you need to. Thanks

It has my name on the website you book through, you just add that on the form. You could probably put Mickey Mouse and they may not even question it. :lmao: 99% of the time, I haven't been asked for the form. Not sure about everyone else here. Carry a blank one and if they ask for it, fill it out. :)

hello Shelby! We are getting ready to do some traveling next week in the Virginia and DC areas. I just want to make sure it is really okay to use this code. I do not want to get you in any trouble! :thumbsup2 How do I use this if I am doing a walk-in or is this something to only use with booking online? And do I need to provide any extra info when I check in? Do I still give them my Priority Club number as well?

Thank you so much for your help and generosity in sharing this!

Is there a code for this discount?

Yes. You need to print out a voucher and bring it along.

Look for Shelby's signature link (Rupert B. Puppenstein), three posts above yours. There's a link there that says: Friends and family link

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter