Friends & Family Discount for Orange Lake Resort, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, and More

hello Shelby! We are getting ready to do some traveling next week in the Virginia and DC areas. I just want to make sure it is really okay to use this code. I do not want to get you in any trouble! :thumbsup2 How do I use this if I am doing a walk-in or is this something to only use with booking online? And do I need to provide any extra info when I check in? Do I still give them my Priority Club number as well?

Thank you so much for your help and generosity in sharing this!

You are all free to use the code! :thumbsup2 I forgot to update that I stayed at the Holiday Inn Capitol in Washington, DC. It has an amazing location and is a short walk to the metro and the Mall. I found the hotel to be very comfortable, but if you are parking, check on the prices directly with the garage before committing to parking with the hotel. I didn't realize that there was a weekend rate of something like $11 a day when I was paying over $30 through the hotel. :eek:

Just provide the voucher on the website with my name if they ask for it...these rates are not eligible for Priority Club...soon to be IHG Rewards in July. So, make sure you check what the regular rate will be compared with the Friends and Family. It may be more worthwhile to pay for a rate that gives you points. I hope you enjoy your trip!

You are all free to use the code! :thumbsup2 I forgot to update that I stayed at the Holiday Inn Capitol in Washington, DC. It has an amazing location and is a short walk to the metro and the Mall. I found the hotel to be very comfortable, but if you are parking, check on the prices directly with the garage before committing to parking with the hotel. I didn't realize that there was a weekend rate of something like $11 a day when I was paying over $30 through the hotel. :eek:

Just provide the voucher on the website with my name if they ask for it...these rates are not eligible for Priority Club...soon to be IHG Rewards in July. So, make sure you check what the regular rate will be compared with the Friends and Family. It may be more worthwhile to pay for a rate that gives you points. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Shelby,
This code is good for IHG hotels all over the country? I am going to NY with my sister in August and am thinking about using this code for that - if that's okay. :goodvibes :cool1:

This code is good for IHG hotels worldwide. Keep in mind that some rates aren't discounted until you are within 90 days out. So, I would suggest if the F&F rate isn't much different then the full rate, to keep trying. It all depends on the hotel and market. These rates do not get you rewards points through Priority Club, soon to be IHG Rewards.

Hope you find some great deals!

I have been asked if I get anything for people using this code. I do not. So, it doesn't make any difference to me if you choose to use the code or not. I just hope that it ends up being a huge benefit for those that do find good deals using it!

This code is good for IHG hotels worldwide. Keep in mind that some rates aren't discounted until you are within 90 days out. So, I would suggest if the F&F rate isn't much different then the full rate, to keep trying. It all depends on the hotel and market. These rates do not get you rewards points through Priority Club, soon to be IHG Rewards.

Hope you find some great deals!

I have been asked if I get anything for people using this code. I do not. So, it doesn't make any difference to me if you choose to use the code or not. I just hope that it ends up being a huge benefit for those that do find good deals using it!

Shelby,

Thanks so much for the extra magic. I found a rate in NY that is going to save me about $250 over the length of my stay compared to the hotel I was looking at. In the end it will be more than that as the Holiday Inn Express has the breakfast bar and the other hotel that I was going to book at did not have a breakfast. So, breakfast for three people for four days will be quite the additional savings. Worth way more than any IHG rewards that I might get. :cool1:

Shelby,

Thanks so much for the extra magic. I found a rate in NY that is going to save me about $250 over the length of my stay compared to the hotel I was looking at. In the end it will be more than that as the Holiday Inn Express has the breakfast bar and the other hotel that I was going to book at did not have a breakfast. So, breakfast for three people for four days will be quite the additional savings. Worth way more than any IHG rewards that I might get. :cool1:

$250 is quite a nice reward! That is great! :)

I can tell you this, you've saved me a LOT of money. We always check this rate to compare with whatever else we qualify for (generally, AARP, AAA, Priority Club, and gov't). MOST of the time, this rate is better than the others. We'll be using it again in Ohio in October for a horse show. Sure helps a bunch! :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing with us Shelby.. I just booked Hadley Mass for a Lacrosse tournamet 7/19 - 21 and saved about $75 .. I appreciate that very much with a teenage boy to feed !!! LOL.. I'll review the hotel when I get back.. but again Thank you very much!!! Michelle

What a wonderful gift.

Just wanted to throw another code out there for all Carlson resorts(Radisson, Country INN and Suites ect...) CARLSONF in the promo section. It does say you need an employee name but I have never ever been asked and have used it many, many times.

Also wanted to asked if anyone know of any IHG hotels that are all inclusive besides Jamacia. Looking for somewhere to go this winter. Thanks

Also wanted to asked if anyone know of any IHG hotels that are all inclusive besides Jamacia. Looking for somewhere to go this winter. Thanks

Just Aruba from what I recall, but a lot of the resorts have all-inclusive packages that you can purchase. I know that a colleague goes to the Aruba location once a year, and so it must be an enjoyable place.

Thank you so much for sharing this! We will be using it for our up and coming trip. For a family of 6, this saves us a bundle! Thank you soo much :)

Just wanted to give a heads up that when I used this at the Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport on July 13th, they told me that I should have been given a white card to present rather than the voucher. I told them that the voucher was what "my friend" (Thanks, Shelby!) had told me to take and that I didn't have any way of getting the white card to them at that moment. The clerk said they would leave a message for the manager and that he would call me if the voucher wouldn't work. I didn't hear from them & my receipt at checkout showed the friends & family rate (which was about 1/2 of the regular rate).

Hopefully this was just because I was using the discount overseas & not a change in the policy.

Again, thank you for sharing this Shelby!

Holiday Inn Hadley/Amherst Mass was soo nice! our room was large, housekeeping and the front desk were nice.. the breakfast buffet was awesome and always stocked.. It was across the street from Target, Dick's Sporting, Walmart, Applebee's, KFC, Mcdonalds, Wendy's, Old Navy and a few gas stations.. plus UMAss was just about 6 mins away by car - very easy to get tooo - well least the athletic fields where we needed to be.. I will post pics soon as i get them uploaded.. I was not asked for the voucher but had it all set just incase.. Thank you Shelby!!!

Just wanted to give a heads up that when I used this at the Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport on July 13th, they told me that I should have been given a white card to present rather than the voucher. I told them that the voucher was what "my friend" (Thanks, Shelby!) had told me to take and that I didn't have any way of getting the white card to them at that moment. The clerk said they would leave a message for the manager and that he would call me if the voucher wouldn't work. I didn't hear from them & my receipt at checkout showed the friends & family rate (which was about 1/2 of the regular rate).

Hopefully this was just because I was using the discount overseas & not a change in the policy.

Again, thank you for sharing this Shelby!

I suspect the desk clerk was confused. The manager probably explained.

It sounds like the desk clerk thought you were an employee and not a friend. We have white cards that we present. In that case, you should have gotten a much lower rate. ;) It must not be as popular outside of the U.S.

Glad you all were able to get the special rates! One of these days I need to travel someplace really interesting to report back! For being in the travel industry, I don't travel so much. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter