Friends & Family Discount for Orange Lake Resort, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, and More

One of my friends just got back from staying that the Holiday Inn Nearest Universal and liked it. The Suites have fridges in them so depending on the rate, it may be worthwhile. Otherwise, I may just consider the drive from the Holiday Inn Express & Suites at Lake Buena Vista. I know that they had fridges and having the free breakfast saves you some money.

Thanks for sharing this! Do you happen to remember if they said if you could walk to US from the hotel? The HIE nearest Universal is the one on major Blvd. From looking at the website that looks correct. Can you confirm this for me? The Holiday Inn Main Gate is the one undergoing renovations right now. I called and the lady that answered said they are due to be completed in August.

Thanks for sharing this! Do you happen to remember if they said if you could walk to US from the hotel? The HIE nearest Universal is the one on major Blvd. From looking at the website that looks correct. Can you confirm this for me? The Holiday Inn Main Gate is the one undergoing renovations right now. I called and the lady that answered said they are due to be completed in August.

That Holiday Inn Express (sorry I forgot the Express in the name - too tired I guess) is close, but not walking distance or to rephrase not safe walking distance. My understanding is that they have a shuttle to take you over there. :) That is the one on Major.

This question is directed at folks who have already taken advantage of this wonderful Friends & Family Discount! I have a fear of booking a hotel using this discount and once checking in finding out that they have put us in the worse possible room that they have because of the discounted price that we actually paid. Has anyone who has used this rate encountered anything of the kind? TIA!

This question is directed at folks who have already taken advantage of this wonderful Friends & Family Discount! I have a fear of booking a hotel using this discount and once checking in finding out that they have put us in the worse possible room that they have because of the discounted price that we actually paid. Has anyone who has used this rate encountered anything of the kind? TIA!

They gave me the room request that I asked for. I don't know whether it made a difference that I was a Priority Club member or not, but it's free to sign up for. The only thing I noticed is that they generally upgrade me when I stay there, and she told me that there weren't any upgrades available when I asked. The hotel did seem to be very full so that may have just been a coincidence.

Due to technical issues with my personal link, I have deleted it. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Confirmed reservations will not be affected.

Sorry folks...I had to delete the link to my Friends/Family page discount bookings. Change in employment status.

Bummer...I hope you are off to bigger and better things! :)

I am still with IHG so if anyone wants to use my discount code, I put it in my signature.

I am still with IHG so if anyone wants to use my discount code, I put it in my signature.

I am still employed. Just taking a leave of absence and thought it best to remove the link, especially since many folks have had trouble using it lately. Thanks for sharing yours!

Thanks so much for sharing!

I am still employed. Just taking a leave of absence and thought it best to remove the link, especially since many folks have had trouble using it lately. Thanks for sharing yours!

I hope all is well!

I hope everything is okay...regardless, I know a ton of people have probably benefitted from you sharing your link and are grateful for your help! :)

I wanted to get your opinion about booking a room for our trip if that's okay. If we're looking to book November 20th-27th should I wait till it gets a little closer to that date? What is your recommendation? I see that once you book something it's non-refundable so I don't want to book too early just in case something were to come up and we had to cancel our trip (i have elderly parents), but I would hate to wait too long and the hotel I want happens to run out of rooms at this great rate. Do you happen to know how many rooms are allocated for this rate? Thanks so much for any help you can give me! :)

I wanted to get your opinion about booking a room for our trip if that's okay. If we're looking to book November 20th-27th should I wait till it gets a little closer to that date? What is your recommendation? I see that once you book something it's non-refundable so I don't want to book too early just in case something were to come up and we had to cancel our trip (i have elderly parents), but I would hate to wait too long and the hotel I want happens to run out of rooms at this great rate. Do you happen to know how many rooms are allocated for this rate? Thanks so much for any help you can give me! :)

There is no set allocation and the offering depends on availability. Essentially, it is a supply and demand thing. I would book when you are comfortable. Treat it like buying an airline ticket. We all hold out to some point and then accept the rate and non-refundable ticket. But, before I would book the F&F, I would look at the regular rates (ones you can cancel) as sometimes they are the same. You could book one of those and keep checking back for the F&F if you wish and then when you get closer and if the rates get lower, you can book that one and cancel the other.

There just isn't a definitive answer. My family never books more than a month out unless we only have the one option for the hotel.

There is no set allocation and the offering depends on availability. Essentially, it is a supply and demand thing. I would book when you are comfortable. Treat it like buying an airline ticket. We all hold out to some point and then accept the rate and non-refundable ticket. But, before I would book the F&F, I would look at the regular rates (ones you can cancel) as sometimes they are the same. You could book one of those and keep checking back for the F&F if you wish and then when you get closer and if the rates get lower, you can book that one and cancel the other.

There just isn't a definitive answer. My family never books more than a month out unless we only have the one option for the hotel.

Thanks so much for the help, I really appreciate it! I will check the regular rates also. Really appreciate your advice about waiting till about a month out...was thinking about that time frame myself, hopefully they won't be booked!

:goodvibesThanks a lot for posting this link! I know we will be staying somewhere on the way down and on the way back so hopefully we can use this. Much appreciated!

:goodvibesThanks a lot for posting this link! I know we will be staying somewhere on the way down and on the way back so hopefully we can use this. Much appreciated!

Keep some of the forms with your stuff just in case you need to make a reservation with short notice. When you click on my link, it has my full name on the first page, and then it has print waiver - just print out a couple and fill them out so that just in case the front desk asks for the form, you have one. Some front desks don't ask for them...but it is worth having them handy regardless. Oh, and make sure that the hotels you book have the new logos for Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express. They have to meet minimum qualifications, quality scores, etc. to get that signage so you know that those are the good properties. Plus, they have the new comfy bedding. :)

I have a question, but first off, thanks so much for posting this! I had a friend that used to work for choice hotels, and she used to share hers as well, and we were very greatful when travelling with our kids for ringette! So thank you so much!
I am going to Florida in March, and I have been watching and checking on her for Orange Lake, never stayed there but it looks great! I can find other dates that offer the 2 bed villa for like $68 or something. When do you think I will get the price out for March, and can I hold out that long without booking something? Also, does that include the waterpark when you stay there, and can you put in a request for where you would like to be? SO many questions, but again thank you very much!

I have a question, but first off, thanks so much for posting this! I had a friend that used to work for choice hotels, and she used to share hers as well, and we were very greatful when travelling with our kids for ringette! So thank you so much!
I am going to Florida in March, and I have been watching and checking on her for Orange Lake, never stayed there but it looks great! I can find other dates that offer the 2 bed villa for like $68 or something. When do you think I will get the price out for March, and can I hold out that long without booking something? Also, does that include the waterpark when you stay there, and can you put in a request for where you would like to be? SO many questions, but again thank you very much!

Special rates aren't available until 90 days out usually. As far as requests, you can make whatever requests you would like to at any hotel, just prioritize the most important things (most critical in the hotel industry would be things like smoking preference, accessible rooms, ground floor, etc.) first and keep requests pretty short. I have never heard of anyone being treated differently for getting the friends and family rate. I have never stayed at Orange Lake so I am not sure about all their facilities although I have heard great things. My understanding is that for the waterpark, etc. that is included with the daily resort fee.

Thanks Shelby!! We got a GREAT deal for our hotel after our Carnival cruise in 10 days. I really appreciate your help!!

HI Shelby, THanks again. I was able to book a weekend getaway in Toronto at Holiday inn and Suites Markham, for $62 to take my kids to Ontario Place! Now I just hope I can find something for Orange Lake for March! Thanks

HI Shelby, THanks again. I was able to book a weekend getaway in Toronto at Holiday inn and Suites Markham, for $62 to take my kids to Ontario Place! Now I just hope I can find something for Orange Lake for March! Thanks

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in March! But, I have a feeling you won't have any issues...March was pretty slow when I was at WDW this year. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Markham is pretty new - not even two years old so I am sure you will enjoy it. :) So glad you got such a great deal. It isn't much higher than the employee rate! :cool1:

For anyone that does book, please let me know how your stay went. We can only improve if we know how our hotels are, and if they are great that is nice too! In this business, we hear more complaints than compliments and you have no idea how a simple compliment can make a hotel staff's day! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter