Friends & Family Discount for Orange Lake Resort, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, and More

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Debonna, Aug 29, 2009.

1. horseshowmom

horseshowmom DIS Veteran

I used it last weekend for a horse show and saved about $150 on two rooms. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein DIS Veteran

That's awesome!! :) It feels good to save money! :cloud9:

4. jazz0007

jazz0007 DIS Veteran

Thank you!!

5. darrius1st

darrius1st Mouseketeer

i notice you get better prices if you book during the week instead of the weekend

6. Friendly Frog

Friendly Frog DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

I am embarrased but I must be doing something wrong. When I checked on Orange Lake I get the same pricing as booking directly from them. ( Both offers are for prepaid in full, no refund so I see no difference?)

7. smileycrissy

smileycrissy DIS Veteran

Bumping this up.... with it being summertime, I'm sure people are planning get-aways and would love to save the money.

8. Rupert B Puppenstein

That just means that the F&F rate is not available. :( They are just giving you the best rate available. I would keep trying as you get closer. If you are trying to book more than 90 days out, you may run into issues. I can't even get the employee rate usually outside of 90 days...it is just a revenue management thing. If you can get full rates or higher rates, then you want to. Then, you go for the discounted rates. I didn't notice the whole booking during the week being any different than booking on the weekend.

9. Friendly Frog

Thank you! I bet that is it as I am looking just outside of the 90 day timeframe.

10. Luv Bunnies

Luv Bunnies DIS Veteran

Wow! This really is a great deal. I've been researching hotels for a trip to Universal Studios Hollywood next summer. Hollywood has some really crummy neighborhoods and it was looking like we'd have to pay a fortune just to feel safe. This offer has a nice-looking Holiday Inn for $50 less per night than the AAA rate on their website. Looks like we'll be able to get a nice hotel and not worry about experiencing too much of Hollywood!

11. darrius1st

darrius1st Mouseketeer

Sunday the price for Orange Lake 2bdrm 2bath was $110 per night at river island and today it's $90

12. Rupert B Puppenstein

I think it has more to do with the number of days until arrival moreso than if it is a weekend or not. But, that is a nice change and a great price for a two bedroom. I am curious about staying there, but I like the Holiday Inn DTD and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Buena Vista and didn't know if Orange Lake would be a bit too much space for two people.

13. erinmomof2

erinmomof2 Mouseketeer

This is a great deal. Thank you!

14. mickeyluv

mickeyluv DIS Veteran

Just wondering which Holiday Inn you're referring to? We're planning a trip to US/IOA Nov. 20th - 27th and are looking at Holiday Inn Main Gate but waiting for their renovations to be completed so that I can try to see more reviews. The reviews I've read so far are not that great.

15. Rupert B Puppenstein

Are you talking about the Universal Studios-Hollywood Holiday Inn? That hotel is much improved. They are so much better! Hotels are supposed to be fully relaunched by the end of this year. So, pretty soon you won't have to worry about who isn't relaunched and who isn't. :) If they have the new logo on the website, they are relaunched.

16. mickeyluv

mickeyluv DIS Veteran

Thanks! I'm hoping that you're right! :goodvibes

17. Rupert B Puppenstein

Of course I am right! :goodvibes Seriously though...I would never recommend a hotel that isn't relaunched or that has great quality scores. I check them out before I choose any hotel. It could be the most beautiful hotel in the world, but if the quality scores suck, then I am not staying there. Even if it was the difference between getting the employee rate or not.

18. Friendly Frog

We are just two people but we love having the space. We have not been to Orange Lake since 2003 but I hear that they have a nice lazy river and I would love to utilize it. :goodvibes

Unfortunately, this year we need to keep the budget tight as I am not working now. If OL doesn't work out, do you have a recommendation for an inexpensive hotel with fridge and microwave, near Universal.

And thank you so much for sharing this!

19. mickeyluv

mickeyluv DIS Veteran

I hope you don't mind me asking. I'm looking at the Holiday Inn at 5905Kirkman Road and Holiday Inn Express 5605 Major Blvd. Which one of these two would you choose if you were going to US/IOA? On their website they both say they are right next door to Universal...Kirkman Road location is .50mi and Major Blvd. .25mi

Have you stayed at either of these hotels before?

20. Rupert B Puppenstein

One of my friends just got back from staying that the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nearest Universal and liked it. The Suites have fridges in them so depending on the rate, it may be worthwhile.

21. Rupert B Puppenstein

I haven't stayed at either. But, if I was to choose one, I would go for the one I just recommended above. They are relaunched and I have heard great things.