Friends and Family Discount

Can I get our tickets from Undercover Tourist? And then add them to the room our cast member is getting for us? Or is it better to get them at the same time as the reservation is made? I can save a little on the UT ticket but don't want to make the process difficult!

Edited to add:

The 40% is off the rack rate not any discounted rate - Correct?

Thank you!

Can I get our tickets from Undercover Tourist? And then add them to the room our cast member is getting for us? Or is it better to get them at the same time as the reservation is made? I can save a little on the UT ticket but don't want to make the process difficult!

Edited to add:

The 40% is off the rack rate not any discounted rate - Correct?

Thank you!
I can actually speak from experience on this one. I bought elsewhere, through Working Advantage, and it worked fine. It was a little cheaper than going through Disney. All you have to do is enter in some numbers, not difficult at all. Just try to get those tickets before the 60 day window if you can to get the fast passes.
As to discount, I'm pretty sure it's off the rack rate, not off something like the current promotion. Of course, if you've been reading the thread availability varies, quite a bit. Sounds like your cast member is not staying with you, they will just need to send in a copy of their ID 10 days before. That's where I'm at. The hardest part for me was making the initial decision from SO MANY resorts. My cast member friend was looking up all over and sending the PDF of what was available. But then again, it's been 17 years since I've been, so hard to remember and so many new hotels available! Good Luck and patience!

Thanks Belle!

No she is not staying with us. I might go ahead and order the tickets from UT so that they get here before my 60 days then.

Thanks again.

Thanks Belle!

No she is not staying with us. I might go ahead and order the tickets from UT so that they get here before my 60 days then.

Thanks again.
I ended up pushing it a bit and buying a couple days before. I bought electronic tickets, and think added to my account at 61 days! Glad I was able to help!

Perhaps I have too much pixie dust in my head, but I seem to be confused by the whole family and friends discount thing. My daughter is slated to start her CP in a few days. Her dad and I want to visit it May, using her discount. Can someone explain how it works? I have heard discounts quoted from 30% to 60%. Is that on rooms only, or can we get a package at a discount? I would love to include the dining plan.

Are there exclusions when we cannot use her discount? Does she need to make the ressies, or can I with her employee number? Any clarification would help me. She was just too nervous and excited to explain it all before she left for Florida, and I have no patience. I am jonesing for my Disney fix.

She needs to make the friends & family reservation, and discounts do vary, depending on the business of the season and availability. She can check availability on the HUB, and even use your credit card information when making the deposit. Usually you can add the dining plan, and there are sometimes special rates for that too.

Has any CM's booked a room with dining plan in the last couple weeks? When we tried to book a room with dining plan added (CM is staying in the room too), we were told if dining plan was added the package had to be paid in FULL at time of booking. :confused3 Before we have always just paid the deposit and paid in full at 45 days. When asked why as we never had to pay before, we were told it was a new rule that had just started.

Anyone know anything about this?
Thanks!

I think what happened is that they're running a discount on the dining plan along with an extended discount on the room and when that happens it's booked as a package and must be paid in full at the time of booking. That happened to us last year for our summer vacay. We had an other guest bedroom 40% off room booked and when I called within 21 days of arrival to add the dining plan to our room I was told I could get a 50% discount on my room and the regular dining plan at $49.99 (full price is like $65). But they had to cancel our room only reservation and rebook it as a package. Because we were within 45 days of arrival (21 days out) it had to be paid in full right then. But it saved us a bunch!! I got my refund for the room only reservation a few days later.

omg..Duh! My DD is the one taking the trip and I didn't even think about it being within 45 days. In my mind it was still months away. lol
Thanks so much for clearing that up for me. Now it makes perfect sense. :goodvibes

When a CM looks up which rooms are available for a discount, does it tell the CM if a discount is available on the dining plan or is that something they have to call and ask about? TIA!

When a CM looks up which rooms are available for a discount, does it tell the CM if a discount is available on the dining plan or is that something they have to call and ask about? TIA!

I don't believe the HUB shows the deeper room discounts or dining discounts that are attached to them.

I'd have them call and inquire.

I don't believe the HUB shows the deeper room discounts or dining discounts that are attached to them.

I'd have them call and inquire.
Thank you

I'm sorry, one more question......Do you know if a dining discount for June would be available now, or would it only show closer to the date?

Any better discount beyond the 40% for April (and/or June) yet? Anyone able to get the discounted dining plan in the next few weeks? Thanks.

We had a friend book a room for us under the CM discount. My MIL is now looking to come for a few days but won't fit in our room so we have to book another room for a few nights. Is there a limit to how many rooms at once can be booked with a CM discount? Just figured I'd check before bothering to ask her if she's willing to look for availability.

TIA!

Can a DCP employee get both a room discount and a dining plan discount? My daughter is trying to book, but it keeps adding to more than what the discount should be. So I am wondering, if she books the DDP discount, does she lose the room discount? She is more timid about asking questions when she has them on the phone, so I figured someone here may know!
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter