Friends and Family Discount

I have a reservation for December but when I called to add the DP the CM staff says that I can't added at that moment that I should check back at the end of September or first week of October. Anyone know why?

I have a reservation for December but when I called to add the DP the CM staff says that I can't added at that moment that I should check back at the end of September or first week of October. Anyone know why?

Call back and talk to another cast member. Explain that you know there isn't a discount for it yet and you want to apply the full priced plan. I have had to call back a few times to get a cast member who knew what to do!

Call back and talk to another cast member. Explain that you know there isn't a discount for it yet and you want to apply the full priced plan. I have had to call back a few times to get a cast member who knew what to do!

Thanks!! I will call!!

Pay for it when you check in. Your deposit may go up a little, I really don't remember. It is still considered a room only reservation to be paid in full at check in. I love that we can now add the dinning plan to reservations.

Thank you!

This leads me to as if I can cancel the DP off if it does not get the F&F discount by my stay? I did research and my family can eat for way less OOP since my kids will most likely eat off our counter service meals, I only wanted to do the DP so we could do character meals, but they are not a necessity.

And, would my CM need to add the plan to the res or can I do it?

Thank you!

This leads me to as if I can cancel the DP off if it does not get the F&F discount by my stay? I did research and my family can eat for way less OOP since my kids will most likely eat off our counter service meals, I only wanted to do the DP so we could do character meals, but they are not a necessity.

And, would my CM need to add the plan to the res or can I do it?

CM needs to make the initial reservation. You can add it on or take it off after that. Adding or removing it won't have an effect on your room discount.

For those wondering about booking. I went ahead and booked the resort that I wanted and my cousin was able to call and apply his discount. It is 40% and I'm so happy. I received an updated invoice once he applied his discount. Of course, there's no guarantee that this (or any) promotion will be available when you call, so if you need the discount, I would have your CM friend/family check for you first.

aaarcher86 - thank you for all the info that you have shared. With the ability to purchase full price DDP, can you also purchase full price DxDP? Can you purchase tickets?

I'm patiently waiting to see if a 50% offer comes out for January. If it doesn't or it required QSDP, that's OK, I'm happy with the 40%

Has the discount been extended past Oct 26th? My trip is 25-30 so can't get the extra discount unless it is extended to include ALL of my days. Hoping for the DDP discount to be extended as well!

Has the discount been extended past Oct 26th? My trip is 25-30 so can't get the extra discount unless it is extended to include ALL of my days. Hoping for the DDP discount to be extended as well!

Not yet. Probably won't know until beginning of Oct. or later.

For those wondering about booking. I went ahead and booked the resort that I wanted and my cousin was able to call and apply his discount. It is 40% and I'm so happy. I received an updated invoice once he applied his discount. Of course, there's no guarantee that this (or any) promotion will be available when you call, so if you need the discount, I would have your CM friend/family check for you first.

aaarcher86 - thank you for all the info that you have shared. With the ability to purchase full price DDP, can you also purchase full price DxDP? Can you purchase tickets?

I'm patiently waiting to see if a 50% offer comes out for January. If it doesn't or it required QSDP, that's OK, I'm happy with the 40%

With a 40% and full price DDP you CAN get the DXDP! If you're doing the 50% discount you'd only be able to do the discounted DDP associated with the offer.

For tickets, you'd just get those on your own via phone, website, or in person.

My niece has made a reservation for me for December. I'd like to call to see if another resort has opened up. Do I just call the regular reservation number?

Thanks!

This might be a stretch..but historicaly what would be better chance of 50% beginning or end of oct?

And another thing..do they ever offer discounts for beach or yacht club....or even the wilderness lodge?..just tryn to figure out what time of the year would be best opportunity to get one of these resorts..tia

This might be a stretch..but historicaly what would be better chance of 50% beginning or end of oct?

And another thing..do they ever offer discounts for beach or yacht club....or even the wilderness lodge?..just tryn to figure out what time of the year would be best opportunity to get one of these resorts..tia

I don't think either makes much of a difference, but since broad offers were out for the latter part of October I'd go with that if you have a choice.

Those resorts are all included - it just depends on how many rooms they make available which just depends on regular bookings.

Yeah, they can help you.

Thank you aaarcher86. I called them to see if a discounted dining plan was available and she said the only way to do that was to add it to my reservation and see what the price changed to. It was a very long phone call, lol.

I have 4 rooms booked at the Beach Club for Dec.3 -10 with my cast discount, stayed at YC in May and have WL club level booked for next week and February. All with my cast discount.

Thank you aaarcher86. I called them to see if a discounted dining plan was available and she said the only way to do that was to add it to my reservation and see what the price changed to. It was a very long phone call, lol.

OMG lol. Totally incorrect. They can see what the discounted price is before the dining plan gets added on a per night basis. They just can't see the total until it's added, but knowing if it's available is entirely different.

I'd call back and speak to someone else. Give the reservation number and just ask if the cast member F&F discounted dining plan is out yet. They can check that. FYI, it's still only out through 10/26 for QSDP on a F&F reservation.

OMG lol. Totally incorrect. They can see what the discounted price is before the dining plan gets added on a per night basis. They just can't see the total until it's added, but knowing if it's available is entirely different.

I'd call back and speak to someone else. Give the reservation number and just ask if the cast member F&F discounted dining plan is out yet. They can check that. FYI, it's still only out through 10/26 for QSDP on a F&F reservation.

LOL, I didn't think that was right! I didn't think the dining plan would be out yet but I had to call for something else so I figured I'd just check. Thank you again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter