• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Friends and Family Discount

aaarcher86, thanks for the info! I already have the 40% discount on our room reservation and I called today to add the full price DDP to my reservation. Closer to my check in date do you think there'd be a possibility the DDP would be discounted along with the 50% room discount? Or should I just stick with it the way I have it now. Thanks again for the help.

If they release it the. It will just depend on availability,

Our DD starts the CP Aug 15. I have booked a 10 day package at the YC with DD and 8 day tickets. I also have another YC room booked with her 40%. I am assuming this would be easier than fooling around with waiting for gate tickets for only some of our days and FP planning. We need to coordinate with another group. HOWEVER, If RO are offered at 40% and there MAY BE a CM dining discount, how will Disney go about changing our ressie? :confused3 Thoughts appreciated!

Which reservation? If it's for the one you already have the CM discount in they just modify it like any other discount. If you mean the first portion with tickets you'd need to cancel and rebook. They don't work with packages.

aaarcher86: Another question. I know you can't predict the future, but I've been reading through the thread today to get a feel for when greater F&F discount for November might be announced. I've read that there are sometimes discounts around 60% during that time of year. Has there every been a 60% off F&F at the Contemporary for one of their 5-person rooms?
That would just be amazing!
Are there resorts that are usually included vs ones that are usually excluded?

Thank you for any insight you can provide!

I'm just wondering how you have a CP discount if she isn't getting there until August? Don't they have to be already working and have access to the HUB?

Our DD starts the CP Aug 15. I have booked a 10 day package at the YC with DD and 8 day tickets. I also have another YC room booked with her 40%.

I am assuming this would be easier than fooling around with waiting for gate tickets for only some of our days and FP planning. We need to coordinate with another group.
HOWEVER,
If RO are offered at 40% and there MAY BE a CM dining discount, how will Disney go about changing our ressie? :confused3

Thoughts appreciated!

DISCOUNTED QSDP/DP HAS BEEN ADDED THROUGH MID JUNE.

aaarcher86: Another question. I know you can't predict the future, but I've been reading through the thread today to get a feel for when greater F&F discount for November might be announced. I've read that there are sometimes discounts around 60% during that time of year. Has there every been a 60% off F&F at the Contemporary for one of their 5-person rooms?
That would just be amazing!
Are there resorts that are usually included vs ones that are usually excluded?

Thank you for any insight you can provide!

No, 60% is for cast members only. F&F can go up to 50% if they release the deeper discounts. There usually aren't too many exclusions it just depends on what rooms need to be filled. That would probably come out sometime in October.

No, 60% is for cast members only. F&F can go up to 50% if they release the deeper discounts. There usually aren't too many exclusions it just depends on what rooms need to be filled. That would probably come out sometime in October.

Woo hoo! Now when things quiet down with the whole circuits busy from today, I gotta call and get that added!

Arrghhh! I'm waiting for the middle to end of July, but thank you aaarcher86!

Good to know! thank you for taking the time to answer questions :)

Is this discounted DP available for the "other" 40% discount or only the 50% discount with the cast member in the room? And can it only be added 21 days before arrival?

Thanks for your help.

I called today and despite the flurry of calls being handled because of the Free Dining through VISA, got through because I had one more reservation to change in May and had to wait for the 21 day window. On Monday when I called, no dining was being offered.

Lo and behold, they offered me dining. Now, it's not as much of a discount as I got in February, but it's still a discount and I'm not complaining.

My daughter is staying with me and is the cast member which is why I got the 60%. Options are limited but I got all that I want so I am HAPPY !:cool1:

I know it varies, but could someone give an example of how much dining has been discounted with F&F? Or specifically what are they offering through mid-June? Thanks.

Since you seem to know such great information, I have another question for you...we are DVC members and will be staying for 2 weeks in July using points.

Since my DD will be an intern then and be eligible for CM discounts, if they offered a discount on dinging during our time, would she be able to get it added since she will listed as a guest?

Or, is it only allowed to be added to rooms also booked under F & F?

Since you seem to know such great information, I have another question for you...we are DVC members and will be staying for 2 weeks in July using points. Since my DD will be an intern then and be eligible for CM discounts, if they offered a discount on dinging during our time, would she be able to get it added since she will listed as a guest? Or, is it only allowed to be added to rooms also booked under F & F?

It is only allowed in conjunction with the room discounts.

Isn't free dining at a value a better discount than F&F?
It wold be if we cold all fit into one room, but we would need two. Last year we did FD w/two POP rooms.
This year, between the price of the two POP rooms AND upgrading up from counter service, we're doing better with the F&F rate at AoA. And I'm hoping that a dining plan discount is offered later and that it's enough of a discount that we can swing it.

It wold be if we cold all fit into one room, but we would need two. Last year we did FD w/two POP rooms.
This year, between the price of the two POP rooms AND upgrading up from counter service, we're doing better with the F&F rate at AoA. And I'm hoping that a dining plan discount is offered later and that it's enough of a discount that we can swing it.

Yes, we are 6, thus needing 2 rooms. I think I am going to book 2 rooms at the POP with the FD next week. If a better F & F discount comes out am I am to transfer the reservation to F & F or would I need to start new?

Still unsure if we will upgrade to DDP or stay with QSDP and just pay OOP for a couple of table service meals. We are going 12-18-26. So I am not sure what kind of F & F discounts are available over Christmas.

I called today and despite the flurry of calls being handled because of the Free Dining through VISA, got through because I had one more reservation to change in May and had to wait for the 21 day window. On Monday when I called, no dining was being offered.

Lo and behold, they offered me dining. Now, it's not as much of a discount as I got in February, but it's still a discount and I'm not complaining.

My daughter is staying with me and is the cast member which is why I got the 60%. Options are limited but I got all that I want so I am HAPPY !:cool1:

What's the price of the dining plan with the CM in the room? That's what we have booked but we aren't at 21 days out yet. We are currently booked at Pop June 12-17 but I would move if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter