Friends and Family Discount

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by DisneyDadof4, Jun 13, 2013.

1. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

If you book a room only most people will allow a CM to modify it to use their discount if it's available. Getting it without the discount doesn't mean it will be available with the discount.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Disfamplan

Disfamplan Earning My Ears

Our CM friend made reservations for us with the F&F discount, but she had said to let her know if we saw any other discounts in case she could reserve a better price. Would she be able to apply a discount on top of a general public offer?

4. kath2me

kath2me Mouseketeer

I wish i was related or friend of a CM...Woozer

5. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

No. It's one or the other, and any room discount won't be better.

6. Disfamplan

Disfamplan Earning My Ears

Got it - thanks so much!

7. WDW Traveler

WDW Traveler Mouseketeer

Does anyone know by chance when they offer a F&F Discounted room and Discounted Dining Plan what the percentage is off the dining plan? Or is it mixed so you don't really know? When I spoke on the phone with a CM, they told me a 50% off room discount with a discounted dining plan may be coming out. My CM is on the road home from FLA and can't help me and I was trying to figure numbers to see if the discounted dining plan would be worth it for us since we don't have the same number of sit down meals, etc. But if it was discounted enough, it might be worth it to add it.

Thanks for any help and information you may have. :goodvibes

8. Halloweenqueen

Halloweenqueen Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Friends and family gets 15% off DP. The cast discount is not quite 50%... 35.99 for a DP, $21.99 for QS.

9. WDW Traveler

WDW Traveler Mouseketeer

Thank you for the information. It helps while crunching numbers. :thumbsup2

10. breick

breick Mouseketeer

My CM friend got us a reservation in July @ 40% off (not staying with us.) Anyone heard anything about the discount going to 50% or discounted dining during that time? Thanks.

11. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

It won't for awhile if it does. Still just through mid April.

12. mrsap

mrsap DW '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, '14, stb '15

Hello everyone,

I read that Little Mermaid rooms are excluded from most discounts... are they also excluded from F&F discounts? How about the Suites? Thanks so much!! :wave:

13. Halloweenqueen

Halloweenqueen Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Little Mermaid is excluded, but the suites are included.

14. mrsap

mrsap DW '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, '14, stb '15

Thank you for the quick response!!

15. shannon006

shannon006 DIS Veteran

I am considering applying for a job at a local Disney Store. It has always been a dream of mine to be a cast member:) I never even thought about getting discounts at the park. Does anyone know If Disney Store CM's get a discount at the parks?

16. PFopma

PFopma Mouseketeer

My nephew works at a Disney Store and he gets discounts at the Parks as well as the Store. He get 2 passes for the parks twice a year - in Jan and July. He is taking his first trip as a Castmember in July. He also gets discounts on rooms, food, and merchandise at WDW, DL, DLP. He can take advantage of discounts on Adventures By Disney and Cruises. If you can be flexible and travel last minute the Cruise discounts can be very large. We just found out this past weekend that the discounts also include Disney Broadway shows.

17. MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ DIS Veteran

My cousin starts the college program in a few weeks -- how far in advance should he/can he book our early-December trip?

Also, does he have to put it on his credit card or can we just give him our information?

I would ask him, but at this point even he doesn't know how all of this works.

Thanks! :goodvibes

18. troll buster

troll buster Mouseketeer

Does the cast member have to stay with you to get the 50%?

19. marsh0013

marsh0013 i want to drive the zamboni

As soon as he's comfortable enough to do it, I'd have him book. You will have more choices further out. I have always given my friend my credit card info for payment. You will just be charged one night with the balance due at checkin.

20. marsh0013

marsh0013 i want to drive the zamboni

In the past, I have started out with a 40% ff discount, and then was able to add a discounted dining plan which also upped the room discount to 50%.

To start out with 50% without adding discounted dining, I think the CM needs to stay in the room with you. It's possible that they have had special times where ff gets 50% w/o CM, but not when I've gone.

21. WDW Traveler

WDW Traveler Mouseketeer

The current offer for the F&F 50% off Room with a discounted dining plan expired on 4/12 (that was what I was told). I have called a couple of times since then and have been told that the offer has not been extended past this date. I am not the CM, but my friend is. I would ask him this question but he is an older gentleman and I'm not really sure he understands how to check on the computer for the information.

Can anyone on here check about the extension of the 50% off offer? Could it be that it is not being offered because of Easter? I am not checking in until the week after Easter and was told by one CM that the current blackout dates for FLA residents (which she said sometimes mirror the better CM F&F discounts or vice versa) are 4/11 - 4/25. We check-in the 26th. I guess I just want to know if I am wasting my time each time I call asking about the discount if it is already determined to not be offered during my stay.

Thanks for any info anyone has. :goodvibes