Fresh Out of University and Onwards to Disney!!!An August PTR!!!(Last Update 8/26)

I agree!

Oh I'm so glad I'm done with all my English classes! I hate writing papers! But now all that is left is one math class and then all my cooking classes! I can't wait! Haha! But that sounds great I hope you get in the 2011 program! :rotfl:

The only reason I take any English classes is for pure enjoyment. And it also lets me read non-fiction. I just don't have any time for reading anything but textbooks and articles and journals.

We also have full time summer classes, but they are not mandatory. They basically go for 3 hours/day for 4-5 days/week for 4-6 weeks. The classes tend to be ones that fulfill general education credits, and I know the speech path grad program has classes over the summer and those are mandatory. This summer they are offering an American Sign Language class for the first time in many years. I really think that would be interesting, but because I'm working here, I can't take classes. I hope they offer it during a normal school year! Good luck with your Sociology class. :goodvibes

Well, our summer courses aren't really mandatory. It's more of an option for those in the "regular" program. So those people that usually have school from Sept. to April can continue school in the summer if they want.

Our school is known for our co-op programs. If you're in one of these programs, you go to school for one term, then work another term, and so on. For these students, it's kind of necessary to have that "summer term". It's just regular full-time school to them where they take their mandatory courses for their program. So there's no difference between having school in the summer, and having it in the fall. It all depends on whether you're in a co-op program, or if you're in the regular program and want to take a summer vacation or not.

People in the co-op program don't have a "vacation" per se. I guess the school just sees their work term as "time off" cause they're not school anyway.

Just posting to say hey and that I'm subbing :D

:welcome: I hope you enjoy your time here!

Chapter 14. Some Disney in my life

I was parked outside of a TD and noticed these on the car next to me.

A Tink decal on the rear window
SSPX0142.jpg

And a Tink steering wheel cover!
SSPX0143.jpg

I wanted to know where she got the wheel cover, but was too shy to ask when she finally came out. Anybody have any idea where I might be able to get Disney steering wheel covers? Does any store at WDW sell car accessories?

This is my family friend's kid, Zachery. His family just came back from a visit to Hong Kong, where they went to the HK Disneyland.
SSPX0139.jpg

He's wearing a very cute Stitch shirt in the picture. He loved Disneyland of course. His favourite was the princesses!

Here he is, showing us what the princesses at HKDL does.

Isn't he adorable? He couldn't stop talking about the princesses. He's only 2.5 yrs old. :hug:

PS. All these were taken with my cell phone. Not bad, eh?

:laughing: I love how you were like paparazzi taking pictures of her car. I think you might be able to get Disney wheel covers at Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart. Give that a try. What kind of cell phone do you have? Let me guess.... iPhone 3GS?

that is like the cutest little kid i have ever seen :laughing:
Id search online for the steering wheel covers, you can Probably find some good prices somewhere.
I still can't find our itinerary:sad1: but i do know that we're doing the emh for magic kingdom on the 20th, which you said you were doing too on Disneeat s(i think...:lmao:)ptr. So we'll be in the same place for at least one day!!!:cheer2:
One more day and we are in the DOUBLE DIGITS!!!

I have seen that steering wheel cover at Walmart. Probably they have the decal too. You know, I'm probably being ridiculous, but I really wish there weren't so much Disney licensed merchandise out there. There's just nothing special about it if you can pick it up at the Dollar Store- you know what I mean? They should limit their licensing and bring back the Disney Stores that they close, IMHO.

:laughing: I love how you were like paparazzi taking pictures of her car. I think you might be able to get Disney wheel covers at Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart. Give that a try. What kind of cell phone do you have? Let me guess.... iPhone 3GS?

I actually just have a simple Samsung. It's so old, I can't even find the model on the Virgin mobile website! It's a simple phone that slides up. I'm very surprised at how good the quality of the pictures and the videos.

that is like the cutest little kid i have ever seen :laughing:
Id search online for the steering wheel covers, you can Probably find some good prices somewhere.
I still can't find our itinerary:sad1: but i do know that we're doing the emh for magic kingdom on the 20th, which you said you were doing too on Disneeat s(i think...:lmao:)ptr. So we'll be in the same place for at least one day!!!:cheer2:
One more day and we are in the DOUBLE DIGITS!!!

I know, isn't he adorable? He even twirled with his arms above his head. So cute :lovestruc

And yes, you're right! We'll all be there together at the same time! We MUST do a Dismeet and go on a ride together!!

I have seen that steering wheel cover at Walmart. Probably they have the decal too. You know, I'm probably being ridiculous, but I really wish there weren't so much Disney licensed merchandise out there. There's just nothing special about it if you can pick it up at the Dollar Store- you know what I mean? They should limit their licensing and bring back the Disney Stores that they close, IMHO.

I know exactly what you mean. It just doesn't make the brand as special if you can get it ANYWHERE. And odds are, those places don't have the best quality merchandise either. It just kind of ruins it a little.

I'll have to take a look at Walmart and Canadian Tire. I would love a Tink cover.

Chapter 15. What are YOU packing?

I like making lists. I'm sure most of us here love making lists too. We're obsessive planners!

I carry a little notebook with me everywhere, cause I'm extremely forgetful and always have to write EVERYTHING down. This notebook is FILLED with lists. Grocery lists, book lists, show lists (for stuff I need to catch up on), packing lists (for those mandatory weekends I go back to Toronto to see my family, and so on.

I make lists for when I go to the beach, or picnic, or photoshoot, or conventions, or...well, you get the drift.

When it comes to my packing lists, I always write them WAY IN ADVANCE. That way, as time goes on, I can remember some more things I need to pack and add to the list. This hopefully helps to eliminate the problem of me forgetting to pack something cause it was not "on the list".

I started my WDW packing list more than a year ago. Yes, you read right, MORE THAN A YEAR. Ago.

Why??? Well, I found the Ultimate Packing List on Allears....and couldn't resist taking a peak.

Then I started to trim the list a little to suit my needs, planning to save the rest later for fine tuning.

BUT, trimming turned into more trimming turned into adding my own things to the list, turned into creating new sections for myself.

My list has been complete for a couple of months now.

So what are some of the things on your list that might not be in other people's lists?

For me, one of the main things I ALWAYS pack for a vacation lasting for more than 3-4 days. Unless I'm on a cruise....

CUP NOODLES! Are there any Asians reading this PTR? If there are, then you'll get it.

For as long as I can remember, my family has packed cup noodles on every vacation we've taken. They're great late night snacks when nothing else is open, or a light meal when you don't feel like going out or paying for one.

Cup noodles are a PART of my vacation. I ain't on vacation until I can sit on my bed in the hotel room, eating a steaming hot cup o noodles.

So, with noodles comes.....CHOPSTICKS! For some odd reason....only recently have my family even thought of packing chopsticks....this seems to be the one item we ALWAYS forget. We end up using forks from somewhere close.

Ok, this one is an item that I usually don't bring along. But since Pop doesn't have a coffee maker in the room, I'll need to bring a.....HOT WATER BOILER.

Ok, there has got to be a better word for it. Kettle? One of those small travel ones that can boil 3-4 cups.

One of my favourite parts about packing for a trip is the SNACKS. In my family, the only times we ever get the GOOD snacks, is if we're going on vacation. As a kid, I LOVED the special Chinese fruit flavoured gummies. My favourite were the apple gummies. I bought 3 packs of those on my last trip to WDW.

Frankly.....I don't think I could eat another one....so that'll be out.

Yes, I have a list of all sorts of snacks we''ll be bringing along. I'm trying not to list too much down because I know we'll never really finish it if we pack too much.

Oh ya, another thing about the cup noodles. I only ever eat cup noodles on vacation. And vacation time is also the time we get to try ALL DIFFERENT KINDS of cup noodles! Can you believe the variety of stuff in the last 10 years! It's incredible! On my last WDW trip, we had FRIED CUP NOODLES. Amazing. Go down to your local asian store and check it out.

So....as snacks, I've decided that I'LL only be eating one thing for breakfast. Vector's energy bars, chocolate flavour. A couple of terms ago, I was studying in the campus library. I got hungry and ran out of the food I brought, so I went down to the library cafe. I've always been sort of ok with energy bars. Most of them taste not so great, but fills you up. I saw the Vector bar there and gave it a try.

BEST. TASTING. ENERGY. BAR. EVER. Now, I can't say much about the cereal. Looks kind of bland. But the choco energy bar? SOOOOO GOOOOOD! If you ever see a bar at a convenient store or gas station, I highly recommend you give it a try.

For Andrew, he fell for those Oreo Cakesters, so they're on the list for him.

We're also pretty big trail mix people, so we'll be packing some Sierra trail mix. One of my faves because it has dried cranberries in there. Yumm-O.

Another thing I always pack is a pair of slippers to walk around the hotel and to the pool in. SOO comfy to just slip those on after you get into your room after a long day or walking.

On another note, who here uses the drawers and cupboards in their room? When I unpack, first thing I do is put all my clothes in a drawer, and all the snacks in another. Then my suitcase will be empty for when I slowly fill it back up with my used and folded clothes.

I know exactly what you mean, ive had my packing list since before the 300 day mark. its just one of those fun things that gets you all excited!!!
And I dont blame andrew for loving oreo cakesters, theyre soo good:laughing:

We've gotta figure something out about a dismeet!! Ive met so many people online from this website doing the emh and it would be so cool to meet them all in person!!! I gotta talk to my parents about it :rotfl: my sister knows people too who are going the same night that she wants to meet

We're officially in double digits!!! Hopefully the next 98 days will fly by!!!:cloud9::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Yeah! I read about that on Belle's PTR! Can you believe she's less than a week away??? I would DIE!!!

I'm sure time will go by pretty fast for me, since I'm in school all summer. I'm taking FOUR online courses! :surfweb: WDW is going to be much needed when I'm through with school, I hate online courses :headache:

I still have to write up Andrew's packing list. I've decided I'll be packing his shirts for him, to make sure he brings the ones that look good :p

And yes, we must try to get a Dismeet together and somehow all get on one ride together!

Been busy lately. I've taken a bunch of pictures that I want to post. I also need to take more pictures of things I want to share with y'all!

I recently took a trip to Walmart and have pictures of my loot to show y'all. Including a pair of new.......sunglasses! Yes, now I have two! I really like it. It's very Disney-inspired, which you'll understand after you see it.

I also recently bought the much desired, Hey's Travel Mate!

I swear, that bag is SO HARD to find. I was almost going to order it from the website. But I FINALLY found it in Markville Mall in Markham for a better price.

I REALLY LIKE IT. On the Tips board, it was one of the best bags, besides the much-loved Baggallini.

Speaking of that bag, I can't find it ANYWHERE!!! :headache: And I refuse to buy it online from a US distributor that'll charge me over $20 for S&H and in US dollars to begin with.

I still really want it. So if anybody knows of Canadian retailers that have the Baggallini messenger sling bag, tell me and I'll devote my love to you.

I also really want to show up the two new shirts I bought from the Disney store.

So much to do but so little time? Or not really....I'll have time later, just not now.

Today's a friend's birthday and we're heading to Montana's for All-You-Can-Eat-Ribs Wednesdays!!! :cool1: I LOOOVE their cornbread :lovestruc

I also have to catch up on all the online courses I have now found myself enrolled in :sad2:

Peace!

Steering wheel cover...I had that on my car steering wheel a couple years ago! Bought it at Target...I don't think they have it anymore...but I DID just find it online here. :)

Decals of Tink...those can be found here. :P

Sorry...I'm a HUGE Tink fan...so whenever I see something Tink that I want, I go searching for it. :D

Also...I hope to catch up on you plans by the weekend and post a reply then. :P

Steering wheel cover...I had that on my car steering wheel a couple years ago! Bought it at Target...I don't think they have it anymore...but I DID just find it online here. :)

Decals of Tink...those can be found here. :P

Sorry...I'm a HUGE Tink fan...so whenever I see something Tink that I want, I go searching for it. :D

Also...I hope to catch up on you plans by the weekend and post a reply then. :P

Thanks for the links! And take your time.

I LOVE Tink too. Love her SOOO much :lovestruc

Chapter 16. Oh Boo-urns!

Reading Allear's latest newsletters....

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience will be discontinued to make way for Captain Eo. I was really looking forward to going on that again!

As well as the Star Tours closing for refurb, RIGHT BEFORE I GO! :headache: For some reason, even though I went on that ride, I don't remember much of it, so I was really hoping to get on there before the refurbs start. I guess I'll have to wait till my 2012 trip to experience the new one?

Is anybody else bummed about these news?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter