Free wifi yet at Hotel New York?

WDW Princess 71

DIS Veteran
Can anyone confirm if free wifi is offered yet at Hotel New York? I read that it was coming this summer but wasn't sure if it was implemented yet, and if so, where (lobby and public areas, or rooms, or both?)

WDW Princess 71 said:
Can anyone confirm if free wifi is offered yet at Hotel New York? I read that it was coming this summer but wasn't sure if it was implemented yet, and if so, where (lobby and public areas, or rooms, or both?)

We were there last week.....free WiFi everywhere in hotel....pretty good connection too! Enjoy x

We were there last week.....free WiFi everywhere in hotel....pretty good connection too! Enjoy x

That is good news! :thumbsup2 We stayed there at the beginning of last month and there was nothing but have just booked our Christmas trip for the HNY again so very pleased to hear this. :)

I was there last week and the Wifi wasn't working for me at all on my iPhone, I asked a cast member and they didn't understand why it wasn't working!

frankieeyre said:
I was there last week and the Wifi wasn't working for me at all on my iPhone, I asked a cast member and they didn't understand why it wasn't working!

You needed to login to it....but no password needed just guest!....my phone Xperia would not log me on but that was to do with my service provider....hubby had no problem with his phone or laptop!

You needed to login to it....but no password needed just guest!....my phone Xperia would not log me on but that was to do with my service provider....hubby had no problem with his phone or laptop!

Do I just choose "connect to wifi" on my iPhone, and pick their wifi network to connect? Is it the same process at Disneyland Hotel as well?

Thanks for sharing the good news!:thumbsup2 Will be visiting in August!!:banana:

Scroll through available wifi until you see Hotel New York - the best one was HNYconvention center - and press connect - there was a login but no password needed. :cool1:

Yeaah! That's what the cast member said, but we couldn't get it to work. The CM couldn't get it to even come up with a log in screen, it just said it connected but never worked!

How about the Sequoia Lodge? Do they have free Wi-Fi?

I just emailed Sequoia Lodge about free wifi in August. The reply was "not yet". I can always drop by where free wifi is available and get my cyber-connection of the day. ;)

AngelDisney said:
I just emailed Sequoia Lodge about free wifi in August. The reply was "not yet". I can always drop by where free wifi is available and get my cyber-connection of the day. ;)

Theres free WiFi in village too,. You will be so busy you wont miss it! Wish I was heading back sooner!

"not yet" seems a strange answer to a question about August!

Does it really mean not yet - as in today? or does it mean not likely for august?

Not yet in August as per reply. Sorry! Too used to texting now ...

Have fun planning!

Cannot comment on HNY but it definitely worked from the Disneyland Hotel earlier this month, used it a few times in the room from our iPad and was quite easy to connect.

So the first day I'm there I'm spending the day saving the connections to my phone so I'm always connected.....excellent haha!! Will be great for future trips (think I'm moving in!) as it will just be like 3G by the time I've finished ;)

It worked this week but my iPhone sometimes had trouble connecting. Best thing to do is connect to either network, then open Safari straight away and it should take you to a sign-in page.
If it doesn't work just turn the wi-fi off on your phone and re-connect :) seemed like a fast connection for a hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter