Free dining? What thte heck, please help!

lucy_love

DIS Veteran
What is this free dining I hear of? Is it really free, I don't get it? Is it the dinning plan, or something different? I have tried searching so I didn't have to ask this ridiculous question here, but I couldn't find any answers that helped.

We are going 8/7, if that helps?

it's only offered to non-campers, and usually is in sept-october time frame when kids are in school.

Unfortunately, the deadline for booking free dining is passed. Gatordad is right, campers don't get it because of all the people you can put on a site..although cabin dwellers can get it and anyone staying at one of the resorts. Usually, it is offered in April for trips late August through September.

yep they pulled the ad for it in the last few days...i just went to look...Mid Aug. -Mid. Sept. and you have to buy a package...lodging and tickets to get the free dining...sorry you were late with this discovery!

Disney's absolutely brilliant marketing scheme to dupe people into paying top dollar for a room off season in exchange for lots of bad food and worse service, forcing guests to overplan their trip around which sit down restaurant they are going to spend most of their day at and where they can use their snack credits. This program is hated by CM's and other guests who now can no longer get ADR's at their favorite restaurants. Another good reason to go in October - no more "free dining".

Disney's absolutely brilliant marketing scheme to dupe people into paying top dollar for a room off season in exchange for lots of bad food and worse service, forcing guests to overplan their trip around which sit down restaurant they are going to spend most of their day at and where they can use their snack credits. This program is hated by CM's and other guests who now can no longer get ADR's at their favorite restaurants. Another good reason to go in October - no more "free dining".

Gee Jim...tell us how you REALLY feel....:rotfl2:

Absolutely. Get rid of free dining and keep the Adventurer's Club. Sounds like a fair trade to me.

Of course, Jim's opinions do not necessarily reflect those of wdwinfo.com, the disboards, moderators, administrators, or other members. :rotfl:

I will only add "dupe people into paying top dollar for a room off season and in the height of hurricane season..... "

Spot on with the analysis!

From Mary2e: I will only add "dupe people into paying top dollar for a room off season and in the height of hurricane season..... "

My turn: Causing people from the most overweight and wasteful country on earth to order tons more food than they can possibly eat, apparently to further that reputation. They appease their consciences by eating at the places that have the most expensive items on their menus and calculating how much savings they "got" out of Disney on Free Dining, then post how much they saved and how much weight they gained on the DISboards! :rolleyes:

Come on October, Kungaloosh!

(and we saw that ROFL, Rhonda. I think we know what you're thinking!) :goodvibes

Sue in Texas

From Mary2e: I will only add "dupe people into paying top dollar for a room off season and in the height of hurricane season..... "

My turn: Causing people from the most overweight and wasteful country on earth to order tons more food than they can possibly eat, apparently to further that reputation. They appease their consciences by eating at the places that have the most expensive items on their menus and calculating how much savings they "got" out of Disney on Free Dining, then post how much they saved and how much weight they gained on the DISboards! :rolleyes:

(and we saw that ROFL, Rhonda. I think we know what you're thinking!) :goodvibes

Sue in Texas

YES!

Sue in Texas

That is like a parent blaming McDonald's because their kid is over weight. They can always push away from the table. Folks need to take some responsibility.

We did free dining a couple of years ago when we were down in Sepember for a wedding -- NEVER AGAIN -- We couldn't possibly eat everything and the whole trip was about food. YUCK! AND THE WORST PART WAS YOU PAID EXTRA FOR BEER!

Me & DH did it last September, and had a great time. It was fun once. We did all our ADRs about 165 days in advance and enjoyed some great meals. We had a couple of signature experiences, and I only ordered an appetizer and drink OOP for our non signature meals to have enough sit down credits.

We used our snacks for bottled water.

I didn't gain anything. We tried some really nice restaurants. It's not something I'd want to do every trip, or every year, but it was fun once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter