Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

Thanks. I did call and it turns out I had a 40% off code, but it had to be used by the end of June. Bummer. :( No one else in our party had any other codes.
So do you already have to have purchased a meal plan in order to get the pin? I have a trip booked for the end of August with the room and tickets but no meal plan. I only recently found out about the free dining and was hoping to jump on board with that, if it's offered. And to find out if I have a pin, I just call Disney and ask?

I received a pin for free dining August and September. The CM I spoke to said it will not be offered to the general public...but someone else told me there is no way to know. I thought that having a pin would be a senseless "perk" if eventually it was offered to everyone.

How does one qualify for this PIN? Do you have to be a Disney Visa card holder? We have gone to Disney for Free Dining for each of the last 3 years. Last year, my husband was selected to complete a very in-depth survey in park, with an even more extensive survey to be completed once we got home. Ever since, we have been receiving all kinds of e-mail offers from Disney, but no PIN for Free Dining.
We didn't book the Bounceback offer last year, as we knew our sons would be unable to attend in 2009 due to schooling conflicts, We have, however, decided to do an adults-only trip (WAAAHOOOOO), but only if Free Dining is again offered.

How does one qualify for this PIN? Do you have to be a Disney Visa card holder? We have gone to Disney for Free Dining for each of the last 3 years. Last year, my husband was selected to complete a very in-depth survey in park, with an even more extensive survey to be completed once we got home. Ever since, we have been receiving all kinds of e-mail offers from Disney, but no PIN for Free Dining.
We didn't book the Bounceback offer last year, as we knew our sons would be unable to attend in 2009 due to schooling conflicts, We have, however, decided to do an adults-only trip (WAAAHOOOOO), but only if Free Dining is again offered.

I honestly don't know. I have gone to Disney for 5 years straight and this is the first time I ever got a pin.

Has anyone been able to get the 4/3 deal and use the free dining pin on the same ressie?

Wow, that would be quite the deal if they would combine them!

But no, 2 offers can not be combined. The free dining is for full priced packages only. Plus, the 4/3 ends on 8/15, free dining begins on 8/16.

It depends on what works for your situation. For us, we like to stay in Value resorts and all 4 of us count as adults for the dining plan so the free dining is a much better deal. If you are planning a stay in a deluxe, I believe the 4/3 would be better.

As I said, its whatever works for you!

Xanthe

We received a FREE DINING PIN :banana: We are so excited we called last night and booked our trip. We are also going with another family and they will let you book up to three rooms with this Pin. I wasn't sure if anyone knew this but that is a GREAT DEAL!!! I asked the CM if you had to receive a pin to get free dining or if they would annouce it to the public in April. He said that you had to have a pin that it would not be a public offer. He also said that Disney doesn't ever offer Free Dining as a public offer. I am not sure he is correct because last year I had heard that Free Dining was being offered so I just called Disney to book my trip and I did not have a pin. Anyway for those who do not have a pin yet, KEEP LOOKING :surfweb:

We received a FREE DINING PIN :banana: We are so excited we called last night and booked our trip. We are also going with another family and they will let you book up to three rooms with this Pin. I wasn't sure if anyone knew this but that is a GREAT DEAL!!! I asked the CM if you had to receive a pin to get free dining or if they would annouce it to the public in April. He said that you had to have a pin that it would not be a public offer. He also said that Disney doesn't ever offer Free Dining as a public offer. I am not sure he is correct because last year I had heard that Free Dining was being offered so I just called Disney to book my trip and I did not have a pin. Anyway for those who do not have a pin yet, KEEP LOOKING :surfweb:

Congrats on the free dining. Isn't it wonderful?? That CM is definitely wrong. I've booked free dining (open to the public) for the past 3 years. We have a group too with 6 rooms. Half got free dining and half got the 40% off. Those of us with free dining saved about $70 more.

Yay!

I already booked free dining for Sept from bounceback last year! Wish I could give my pin to someone!:confused3

It is too bad that you can't. So many people are hoping for a pin and you don't need yours. Disney is very specific when you call in to use it. They wanted to make sure that the name on the Pin and the name on the reservation matched. Also if you want to book an additional room for someone else and use the pin you must do it at the same time because once you use the pin it is no longer valid.

It is too bad that you can't. So many people are hoping for a pin and you don't need yours. Disney is very specific when you call in to use it. They wanted to make sure that the name on the Pin and the name on the reservation matched. Also if you want to book an additional room for someone else and use the pin you must do it at the same time because once you use the pin it is no longer valid.

You don't have to do it at the same time...I used a pin and then called a day later and added 2 rooms on to the same pin....

Probably a stupid question, but has anyone rec'd a pin and had a trip booked thorugh AAA, can you use it through them or only through Disney travel direct? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter